Sunflour Baking Company is a Charlotte, North Carolina favorite known for incredible baked goods, including their drool-worthy Morning Glory Muffins. Packed with carrots, apple, pineapple, coconut, raisins and walnuts these Best Ever Morning Glory Muffins earn every last bite of their delicious name.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 peeled apple, core removed,
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse apple until very small chunks remain. Pulse carrot until coarse. In a large bowl, combine apple, carrots, coconut, raisins, pineapple, walnuts, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Fold in wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Scoop into a muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray or lined with liners and sprinkle top of muffins with extra granulated sugar.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, approximately 22-25 minutes.
A few notes to make grocery shopping and baking this recipe a little easier:
- A 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple worked well for this recipe. I drained it and measured out a cup and didn’t have munch remaining.
- I bought a 10 ounce bag of matchstick carrots and used almost all of them. They’re kind of awkward to measure out, so if you have a food scale, 3 1/2 cups comes out to about 220 grams of matchstick carrots.
- Do not skip the additional sprinkle of granulated sugar on the tops of the muffins at the end. It’s my favorite part and adds a slight sugary crunch to top muffin tops that makes them so, so delicious.
- Serving Size: Per Muffin
- Calories: 187 calories
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 120mg
- Fat: 13g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g