A simple and delicious marinade for grilled or baked chicken thighs. Paleo friendly and Whole30 compliant!
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Combine all ingredients in a large zip-top bag and allow chicken thighs to marinate for at least four hours or ideally overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill chicken thighs or bake in the oven at 400 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Allow chicken to rest for approximately 5 minutes before serving.
This marinade also works well on chicken breasts but you will need to increase the amount of time you bake the chicken in the oven, as chicken breasts are much thicker and do not cook as quickly.
Soy sauce may be used in place of coconut aminos if you have trouble finding coconut aminos, though more and more grocery stores seem to be carrying coconut aminos these days. I can almost always find coconut aminos well-stocked at Whole Foods, though I typically prefer to order my coconut aminos from Thrive Market to save a bit of money.
Keywords: chicken thighs, marinade, chicken thigh marinade, paleo, whole30, paleo chicken thighs