I took some time in the kitchen to prepare a quinoa-based dinner that I thought my family would actually enjoy quite a bit since the quinoa flavor was all but hidden thanks to the delicious cheesy flavor from a handful of Swiss cheese wedges.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cups broccoli, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 wedges of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese
- Heat olive oil in a medium-size pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, stirring constantly until the onion is soft and translucent. Add quinoa to pot and toast for 90 seconds, stirring quickly and regularly.
- Add broccoli and broth to pot and bring temperature up to a medium-high heat until it begins to boil. Reduce heat to medium and allow everything to simmer, stirring every other minute or so, until most of the broth is absorbed.
- Add The Laughing Cow creamy Swiss light cheese wedges and stir until the cheese is melted and the quinoa and broccoli are coated.
Keywords: broccoli cheese quinoa, cheesy broccoli quinoa, cheesy quinoa, dinner, quinoa, recipe, side dishes, The Laughing Cow