Since both of us agree that the quinoa is a great thing to include in our diet from a nutritional standpoint, we still eat it a fair amount in our house. Earlier this month, I took some time in the kitchen to prepare a quinoa-based dinner that I thought Ryan would actually enjoy quite a bit since the quinoa flavor was all but hidden thanks to the delicious cheesy flavor from a handful of Swiss cheese wedges.
We ended up enjoying this dish so much that I’ve made it two times since: Once as a side dish and I made another batch to have on hand in the refrigerator so I could scoop some out for lunch or as an easy snack option that’s a little more substantial and yummy than my typical snack fare.
Cheesy Broccoli QuinoaPrint
I took some time in the kitchen to prepare a quinoa-based dinner that I thought my family would actually enjoy quite a bit since the quinoa flavor was all but hidden thanks to the delicious cheesy flavor from a handful of Swiss cheese wedges.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cups broccoli, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 wedges of The Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese
- Heat olive oil in a medium-size pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, stirring constantly until the onion is soft and translucent. Add quinoa to pot and toast for 90 seconds, stirring quickly and regularly.
- Add broccoli and broth to pot and bring temperature up to a medium-high heat until it begins to boil. Reduce heat to medium and allow everything to simmer, stirring every other minute or so, until most of the broth is absorbed.
- Add The Laughing Cow creamy Swiss light cheese wedges and stir until the cheese is melted and the quinoa and broccoli are coated.
Keywords: broccoli cheese quinoa, cheesy broccoli quinoa, cheesy quinoa, dinner, quinoa, recipe, side dishes, The Laughing Cow
This recipe is rather versatile when it comes to what veggies you wish to incorporate. If you aren’t the biggest broccoli fan, perhaps spinach or cauliflower might be a better fit? Play around and change it up a bit! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do in our house!
Question of the Day
- What is one of your favorite ways to enjoy quinoa?