The garam masala spice added hints of coriander, pepper, cumin and cinnamon to this dish and I absolutely loved the flavor.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream (optional)
- Combine chickpeas through cauliflower together in crockpot.
- Place chicken on top of chickpea mixture and spoon mixture over the chicken to cover it.
- Allow everything to cook on low for 6 – 8 hours.
- Spoon into four dishes and garnish with cilantro and a dollop of plain Greek yogurt or sour cream.
Adapted from Cooking Light’s Chickpea Curry
Keywords: chicken thighs, chickpeas, crock pot, crock pot challenge, garam masala, Recipes