This crock pot turkey and mushroom bolognese sauce is a healthy, filling and flavorful sauce, perfect for a hectic weeknight dinner. Serve it on top of pasta, zucchini noodles or your favorite ravioli for a deliciously easy meal!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped portobello mushrooms
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and add mushrooms, celery, garlic cloves and onion. Sauté until onions become translucent, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook until meat is no longer pink, breaking up and large pieces.
- Transfer ground turkey into crock pot and add remaining ingredients. Stir everything together, cover and allow to cook 4 – 6 hours on low.
- Spoon over pasta, zucchini noodles, ravioli, etc.
Keywords: CHICKEN/TURKEY RECIPES, CROCK POT RECIPES, DAIRY-FREE, DINNER, GLUTEN-FREE, LUNCH/DINNER RECIPES, PALEO, RECIPES