A crunchy, slightly sweet granola, packed with cinnamon and gingerbread flavor. A holiday snack worthy of gifting!
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (no sugar added, the drippy kind!)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (+ additional 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup to taste if a sweeter granola is desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups Quaker Old-Fashioned Oats
- Optional additions: Dried cherries, white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and maple syrup and stir vigorously until combined. Add vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg and stir again to incorporate spices into the peanut butter and syrup mixture.
- Add oats and stir to coat all of the oats in the spice mixture.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove granola from the oven and flip before baking for an additional 8 minutes or until granola begins to brown slightly and is a little crispy. Keep an eye on the edges of the granola clusters to be sure you do not over bake it! (This recipe can burn easily so I recommend checking on it regularly as it bakes.)
- Allow to cool completely before adding any optional additions. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.