This perfectly crunchy, packed-with-clusters recipe for Gingerbread Granola is a festive holiday snack worthy of wrapping up in a pretty little jar and gifting to neighbors, coworkers, friends and family. Enjoy it on its own, incorporated into a holiday trail mix or on top of Greek yogurt. Thank you to The Quaker Oats Company for sponsoring this post.
When it comes to gifting treats to others during the holiday season, it seems like homemade cookies are the go-to gift… and for good reason! Who doesn’t love cookies during the holidays!? While I’ll never shy away from making and enjoying my fair share of cookies this time of year, sometimes I think it’s nice to put the oven to good use for something different. And, ya know what? I think other people appreciate something a little unexpected, too!
If you are looking to gift someone something that feels festive but a little non-traditional, this gingerbread granola is a great one to keep in mind! And if you’re like me and prefer your granola crunchy and filled with lots of flavorful clusters, this recipe will be right up your alley.
This gingerbread granola is the kind of granola that’s fabulous on its own, but my favorite way to enjoy it is sprinkled on top of yogurt and fresh berries. It’s also wonderful incorporated into holiday-themed trail mixes with dried cranberries or cherries, crunchy coconut chips and a handful of white chocolate chips. Yum!
This crunchy, fragrant gingerbread granola is bursting with gingerbread flavor and made with ingredients you likely already have in your pantry. Here’s a roundup of what you’ll need to make it:
- natural peanut butter (the drippy kind)
- maple syrup (Buddy the Elf approved!)
- vanilla extract
- cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg (for the authentic gingerbread flavor)
- Quaker Old-Fashioned Oats (for the crunchy granola clusters)
As far as gifting this gingerbread granola to someone, it’s a recipe that keeps well in a glass jar or airtight container, so keep that in mind in case you’d like to make a holiday gift for someone that can be enjoyed after the holidays have come and gone as well.
I hope you guys love this recipe as much as we do in our house! Please let me know if you give it a try!
A crunchy, slightly sweet granola, packed with cinnamon and gingerbread flavor. A holiday snack worthy of gifting!
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (no sugar added, the drippy kind!)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (+ additional 1–2 tablespoons maple syrup to taste if a sweeter granola is desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups Quaker Old-Fashioned Oats
- Optional additions: Dried cherries, white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and maple syrup and stir vigorously until combined. Add vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg and stir again to incorporate spices into the peanut butter and syrup mixture.
- Add oats and stir to coat all of the oats in the spice mixture.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove granola from the oven and flip before baking for an additional 8 minutes or until granola begins to brown slightly and is a little crispy. Keep an eye on the edges of the granola clusters to be sure you do not over bake it! (This recipe can burn easily so I recommend checking on it regularly as it bakes.)
- Allow to cool completely before adding any optional additions. Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Recipe inspired by my Peanut Butter Granola