Tangy, creamy and perfectly sweet this recipe for Lemon Sugar Cookie Icebox Cake is a no-bake dessert that’s made with crispy sugar cookies, homemade lemon whipped cream and deliciously tart lemon curd.
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons lemon curd
- Approximately 18 crunchy sugar cookies
- zest of 2 lemons
- Pour heaving whipping cream into a chilled bowl and whip the cream on low, gradually adding powdered sugar until mixture begins to thicken. Add zest of one lemon and 2 tablespoons of lemon curd and continue to whip until whipped cream is thick and fluffy. Take care not to over-whip or the whipped cream will become dense and lumpy.
- Spread a layer of the lemon whipped cream on the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish. Top 1/3 of your sugar cookies (approximately 6 cookies) with a thin layer of lemon curd. One tablespoon of lemon curd should be enough to cover the top of 6 cookies but if you prefer a more intense lemon flavor, you may use a bit more.
- Place cookies on top of the layer of whipped cream. You may need to break a few cookies to get them to fit into your dish which is completely fine. Spread another layer of whipped cream on top of the cookies and repeat the layers — lemon curd-topped cookies, whipped cream, lemon curd-topped cookies, whipped cream — until you have three total layers.
- Cover icebox cake and refrigerate overnight.
- Prior to serving, top with the zest of one lemon, slice and enjoy!
Keywords: icebox cake, lemon icebox cake, lemon sugar cookie icebox cake, no bake desserts