Today’s recipe is a lightened up version of Publix’s meatball casserole. It’s simple to make and was a big hit in our house.
- 1 (8 ounce) whole wheat baguette
- 15 – 18 frozen all-natural turkey meatballs
- 2 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy goat cheese (I used Chavrie original goat cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 18 ounces marinara sauce (3/4 of a standard 24-ounce jar)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut baguette into one-inch-thick slices and arrange in baking dish, packing tightly to fit.
- Combine goat cheese, Greek yogurt and spices and spread mixture over bread slices. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Bake 6 – 7 minutes until cheese bubbles.
- Cook meatballs according to package microwave directions. Stir marinara sauce into meatballs and pour on top of cheesy bread. Top with remaining cup of mozzarella cheese and bake 5 – 7 minutes until cheese melts and sauce is hot.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe slightly adapted from Publix Aprons Meatball Casserole.
Keywords: casserole, meatball casserole, meatballs, Publix, Publix's Apron's, recipes, turkey meatballs