An incredibly easy dish (you only need ONE pot!) that comes together in a flash on a busy weeknight. The ginger sesame broth is strong and flavorful and will keep you coming back for more!
- 2 cups chopped or shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 large head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 heaping tablespoons diced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (for Paleo/gluten-free, substitute coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 scallions, chopped (for garnish)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat until melted. Add mushrooms, onion and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally until onion becomes translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add sesame oil, stir and cook for another minute.
- Add cabbage and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook until wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken and soy sauce. Stir.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water, stir and allow to simmer for approximately 5 – 10 minutes until cabbage is tender and the flavors of the broth fully develop. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into bowls, topped with chopped scallions and enjoy!