A deliciously sweet and festive fall treat made with only five ingredients.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 ounces marshmallows (mini marshmallows or large marshmallows both work well!)
- 3 tablespoons Wellsley Farms Organic Salted Butter
- 1/4 cup Libby’s 100% Pumpkin Puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Optional toppings: Festive fall sprinkles, white chocolate chips, a dusting of cinnamon + sugar
- Spray an 11 x 7 or 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray or coat with a thin layer of butter.
- Line a small plate with paper towels and place pumpkin on top. Top pumpkin with additional paper towels and press down to remove some of the moisture. You may wish to repeat this step a couple more times to remove additional moisture. Do not skip this step or your Rice Krispie Treats will not be crispy!
- In a large pan, add butter and melt over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and add pumpkin, stirring until the pumpkin and butter have combined. Add the marshmallows and stir continuously until the marshmallows have melted into a gooey mixture. Add pumpkin pie spice.
- Remove pumpkin marshmallow mixture from heat and allow to cool for 25-30 minutes, or until it reaches room temperature. (Again, do not skip this step! It’s important for a crispy texture!)
- Add cereal to melted marshmallows and stir to combine. Pour into baking pan and press down to fill the pan with the Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats.
- Top with desired toppings, slice and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn.