This salad recipe is packed with fresh fruit and chicken and topped with a sweet dressing that made the whole salad taste incredibly refreshing.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 large orange, sliced into small pieces (you may also use 1 cup mandarin oranges)
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola or feta cheese
- Marinate chicken breasts in teriyaki sauce for 60 minutes (or overnight). Remove chicken from teriyaki marinade and bake in a 350-degree oven for 45 minutes. Allow to cool before chopping chicken into small pieces.
- Toss remaining salad ingredients together. Add chicken and toss again.
- Top with dressing (or dressing of your choice) and enjoy!
A few quick notes: A large portion of this salad can be prepped ahead. I highly recommend doing this, as it makes everything come together in a flash if you already have the chicken and bacon cooked, produce chopped, etc. Then, when you’re ready to eat, all you have to do is throw everything together and slice up the avocado!
Keywords: chopped salad, chopped salad recipe, chopped salad with fruit, fruit and chicken chopped salad, recipe, Recipes, salad, summer chopped salad