A simple, yet completely satisfying dinner! Throw the ingredients into the slow cooker and forget it!
- 24 oz (1 1/2 pounds) chicken breast
- 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 15 oz can black beans
- 8 oz frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt to taste
Combine chicken broth, beans (drained), corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.
Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste. Serve over rice or tortillas and your favorite toppings.
Recipe source: Skinnytaste Cookbook by Gina Homolka
A few more ideas for this recipe from Gina:
- Try this recipe as a filling for enchiladas
- Serve it on top of cilantro rice to make your own burrito bowl
- Fold into a tortilla with shredded cheese to make your own quesadillas
- Serve on top of greens for a delicious salad
Keywords: chicken/turkey recipes, crock pot recipes, dairy-free, dinner, gluten free, lunch/dinner recipes, most popular recipes, recipes