This triple chocolate protein oatmeal is a satisfying morning meal that will fill you up and satisfy your chocolate cravings in a healthy way.
- 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (approximately 30 grams)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- Optional toppings: Nut butter, coconut, cacao nibs, hemp seeds, fresh berries, sliced banana
- Whisk together the almond milk, cocoa powder and protein powder in a small stove top pot. Bring to a low boil over medium heat.
- Stir the oatmeal into the chocolate mixture and continue stirring regularly for an additional three to four minutes, until the oats soften and the oatmeal thickens.
- Pour into a bowl, allow to cool briefly (this will also allow the oats to continue to thicken), top with desired toppings and enjoy!
For a super-fast microwavable version of this recipe, you may combine all of the ingredients in a deep, microwave safe bowl. Stir together so the powdered ingredients are moistened by the almond milk. Microwave for approximately 2-3 minutes but DO NOT WALK AWAY. Stop the microwave and stir every 30-45 seconds. If you do not stir at regular intervals, the oats will overflow. Allow the oats to rest for a few minutes before eating. (This will help them cool and thicken.) You may wish to reduce the almond milk in the microwavable version for a thicker bowl of oats. I personally prefer old fashioned oatmeal in both versions of this recipe, but I like a more textured bowl of oatmeal. For a smoother bowl of oats, I recommend using instant oatmeal.