Traditional overnight oats gets a vegan makeover with this recipe for Vegan Protein Overnight Oats. With 18 grams of protein per bowl, these dairy-free overnight oats are an easy recipe to prep ahead and can be doubled or even quadrupled for a simple breakfast you can quickly grab to enjoy before rushing out the door on a busy morning.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons hemp protein powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk non-dairy yogurt
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a container, stir until everything is thoroughly mixed and seal with a lid. Place in the refrigerator overnight or for a minimum of three hours, until oats are softened.
- Remove from fridge, stir and top with fresh fruit, nuts or a drizzle of nut butter. If you prefer a thinner batch of overnight oats, add a splash of milk to the oats until desired consistency is achieved. You may also add a bit more maple syrup if additional sweetness is desired.
You should know that this recipe falls into the “looks gross but tastes great” category thanks to the army green hemp protein powder.
For the coconut milk non-dairy yogurt, I used So Delicious Cultured Coconut Milk Yogurt which is both delicious and vegan.
This recipe can easily be adapted for anyone who is not vegan or cannot easily find dairy-free yogurt. Simply substitute your favorite kind of milk for the almond milk and creamy Greek yogurt for the coconut milk non-dairy yogurt. (You may also omit the yogurt but may want to add a little more chia seeds to add additional thickness.) Your favorite protein powder may also be used instead of hemp protein powder.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 379 calories
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 182mg
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 61g
- Fiber: 16g
- Protein: 18g
Keywords: Breakfast, Oatmeal