An easy vegetarian chickpea curry made with lots of vibrant and nutritious vegetables and warm, comforting spices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 c broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced ginger or ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut aminos (or reduced-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen mixed peas and carrots
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper and broccoli and saute until onion is translucent.
- Add ginger, curry, coriander, turmeric and salt and stir, allowing the spices to coat the veggies. Pour tomatoes, coconut milk, coconut aminos and lime juice into the skillet and stir. Simmer for approximately 5 minutes until liquid is heated through.
- Stir chickpeas, riced cauliflower, peas and carrots into the curry and allow to simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Taste curry and add additional seasonings, lime juice and salt to taste, if desired.
- Spoon curry into bowls and serve.
This curry tastes fantastic on its own but is also delicious spooned over brown or white rice.
For an additional boost of protein, shrimp, edamame or chopped chicken thighs are a wonderful addition to this recipe. Simply stir your protein in when you add the riced cauliflower, chickpeas, peas and carrots and simmer until cooked through.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 931mg
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegetable curry, vegetarian curry, vegan curry