PB & P

I’m sure it won’t surprise you to know that I am a big fan of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

After all, I eat several peanut butter fingers a day…

Looove PB

Peanut Butter Fingers Make Me Smile

When I was in middle school I used to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with mint jelly. My mom served mint jelly when she would make lamb and I fell in love with it. I figured mint jelly shouldn’t be reserved for special occasions involving lamb, so it became a staple in my lunches. Don’t knock it ’til ya try it! :D

I didn’t have jelly on hand today, but I did have a big, juicy pear and figured a couple of slices of the fruit would make a yummy (and more nutritious) jelly substitute.

Pear Slices

I topped half of a Thomas’ light multi-grain English muffin with the pear slices and spread creamy peanut butter on the other half.

Spreadin' PB

Open-Faced PB & P

Tuesday's Breakfast

My pb & p breakfast sandwich was delicious!

I’ve made this same sandwich with apple slices before, but I think the softer texture of the pear worked better as a jelly substitute. YUM.

Workout

Today’s workout was a doozie!

I started with 30 minutes on the treadmill, following this workout:

30 Minute Treadmill Workout

The gym felt like it was 5,000 degrees today, so I was a sweaty mess by the end of that workout! I finished up my cardio session with 20 minutes on the elliptical.

Questions of the Day

Are you a fan of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? Are you a creamy or chunky peanut butter lover? What kind of jelly is your favorite?

I love all kinds of peanut butter. I refuse to limit myself to just one choice (but if I really had to pick, I’d say chunky). As for jelly, I’ve always loved grape or blackberry jelly.

Comments

I like crunchy pb as well and Id say that blackberry or strawberry is my fav jelly!

oh, and I love almond butter much more than pb–specifically, justins maple almond butter!

I am a HUGE fan of PB&J. Growing up when everyone else had cold meat sandwiches I always had a pb&j…love ‘em to this day! I’m a creamy pb fan and usually only eat my mom’s homemade strawberry jam, which I hope to make my own batch this year!

Your breakfast looks good!!
    As for peanut butter- I feel the same- ANY peanut butter is GREAT peanut butter :) Although, I have to say, I am definitely a JIF girl over any other brand (not that I won’t eat it.) & I have both crunch & smooth in the house. Favorite jelly: grape or strawberry with CHUNKS of strawberries in it.

4. Katlyn says

I’m a sucker for crunchy peanut butter and homemade strawberry jelly! YUM!

ps I just found your blog recently and it has quickly become one of my favorites! Keep it up girlie :)

Chunky PB all the way, especially if it’s freshly made (ie Fresh Market, Whole Foods or even Publix). I die for that stuff.

I really like my mom’s homemade raspberry jam, too! Super tart. Slap that stuff between some really good wheat bread and I feel like I’m 5 years old again :)

6. Ellie says

I LOVE PB and J. I eat it as a “treat” lunch! The best PB and J is good bread, like great harvest or my Dad’s homemade whole grain honey. Of course all natural PB chunky. TO top it off I LOVE apricot jam. It reminds me of my Grandma’s friend pies. Okay now I want one-dang no apricot Jelly

Hey chica!
    LOVE PB fingers…or PB spoons!, but in a pinch the fingers always win! I would rather have a open-faced PB&J so I can enjoy the PB side and Jelly side…without mixing the flavors. CHUNKY for PB sandwiches, and Raspberrry preserves! YUM!
    ~xoxo!

8. Maura says

OMG, huge fan of PB&Js. So this is kind of weird but I actually loved putting in potato chips in my PB&J as a kid. Sooo good! Oh and smooth PB all the way!

I don’t limit myself: Nut and fruit sandwiches come in all tastes and textures! Almond butter and apple butter is a favorite, smooth peanut butter and banana, peanut butter and any kind of jelly or jam, oh man… any combination of a nut butter and a fruit (in any form) is delicious.
    I currently have 3 open jars of jams and 6 open jars of nut butters in my fridge!!! YUM!

LOVE PB&J! And when I was younger, I was also a huge fan of the PB & Fluff! My fave is seedless red raspberry jam now, but I also went through a strawberry phase, and a grape phase when I was little!
    PB can be anything: crunchy, smooth, flavored, plain. PB & BANANA sandwiches are at the top of my list these days!
    Oh man, now I need some peanut butter…

I used to love smooth PB, but now i’m ALL about the crunch! I just bought MaraNatha organic crunchy PB and it’s great! Not a bit jelly girl but if I had to pick, it would be raspberry jam – with the seeds. I did a grape jelly thing when I was little too, but I’m over it :)

12. Claire says

Total fan of all things peanut (or any nut) related! I regularly eat PB&J sandwiches and alternate between crunchy and smooth although I prefer crunchy. As for the jelly, I really like a blueberry one I have at home or a strawberry-rhubarb one that’s to die for!