My Wedding Shoes!!!

Those of you who follow me on Twitter may remember my tweets of frustration a month or so ago as I tried, unsuccessfully, to locate this pair of Badgley Mischka pink pumps in my size for my wedding day.

Badgley Mischka Xango Pink Pumps

According to the woman Badgley Mischka referred me to when I emailed the company about the shoes, the pumps I wanted first became available in April and the pink ones sold like crazy.

Great for Badgley Mischka. Bad for me.

I searched all over the internet and in local stores that carry Badgley Mischka shoes without avail. The woman I spoke with encouraged me to call my local Nordstrom and ask for their assistance in locating the shoe.

The gentlemen I spoke with from Nordstrom told me the shoes sold really quickly, but that he would call around other stores and let me know if anything turned up.

Well, it did!

Woohoo!!! My wedding day shoes should arrive in 5 – 8 business days.

(For those of you who are wondering what happened to the shoes I originally wanted… Well, I decided against them because they were more than 5 inches high. Though this would work fine with Ryan’s height (he’s 6’2”) I am already taller than all my bridesmaids and didn’t want to look like Sasquatch on my wedding day. Sooo, I opted for a more modest heeled shoe. Still pink, though. ;) )

Lunch

I wish my lunch was as exciting as my wedding shoes, but as a serious shoe lover, that’s basically impossible.

Well, unless lunch was an ice cream sundae from Houston’s.

My lunch was still delicious though, and that’s what really matters.

Using leftover taco-seasoned ground chicken from last night’s dinner, I made myself a taco salad that included:

• Spring mix greens
  • Broccoli slaw
  • Frozen sweet corn (It thawed by lunchtime)
  • Grape tomatoes
  • Taco-seasoned ground chicken
  • Crumbled hard shell taco
  • Salsa

Taco Salad

Salsa

Using salsa as salad dressing is one of my favorite ways to enjoy the slightly spicy tomato-based sauce. It adds so much flavor!

Frozen Corn Close Up

Okay, kids. Fun’s over!

Back to work I go! :D

Comments

1. Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat says

Those shoes are gorgeous!! I am so excited you found them. You are going to make such a beautiful (and fashionable!) bride.

Lunch looks tasty, as always!

Those shoes are gorgeous–so happy that you found them! I strongly dislike all “regular” salad dressing, but I LOVE salsa on my salads. It adds just the right kick! You will be a truly beautiful bride! :)

Yay! so glad you got your shoes!!!! I totally get what you must be feeling right now. :)

I got my wedding shoes a month ago and am still in awe every time I pull them out of the closest!! and still over 6 months before i really get to wear them!! lol

4. Kristen says

Nordstrom is seriously the best store ever! Did you know that if you buy something from there and it goes on sale later you can contact them and they’ll refund you the difference? True story! I got my bridesmaids dresses from there for about $50 each after it was all said and done! Congrats on finally finding THE shoe!

Those shoes are gorgeous and perfect for you! They seem to suit your personality to a T. I’m so happy you found them! And I agree, a smaller heel was a wise decision. You wouldn’t want your feet to start killing you in the middle of the ceremony.

6. Jenna says

Those shoes are very cute! I tried them on in blue last time I was at Nordstrom! Perfect evening shoe.

I was actually shorter than all of my bridesmaids, so I got away with that 5 inch heel!

Just discovered your blog! :D

I am in LOVE with your wedding shoes! I felt the same way when I got married– I wanted a heel, but I didn’t want to TOWER over everyone else, either! (my husband’s only a few inches taller than me, so I had to be careful about that, too!)

Those shoes look like they’ll be perfect! Glad you found ‘em!

8. Kaylen says

I totally became obsessed and hunted down the Stuart Weitzman pomodoro shoe in poppy for our wedding day. It took me 3 months to get my hands on a pair, but it was worth the wait. I recently planned a whole outfit around them so I could wear them out to dinner on our 1 year anniversary haha. Also, love reading your blog when I get a chance! Added it to my Morning Coffee app on firefox. It is so very you… sweet, smart, and entertaining! :)

9. Kaylen says

Oh and p.s….. I saw your shoes on one of the shopping sites recently and totally swooned! I even thought to myself “Those are PERFECT wedding shoes”. You’ll have fun coming up with special occasions so you can wear them again after your big day.

10. Katie says

Oh my gosh those shoes are precious!! They’re perfect! I love the little pink tulle bow on the toe. Also, yummy looking taco salad! Love ground turkey meat!

11. Nicole (Picky Nicky) says

Those shoes are so pretty and wedding-y without being too wedding-y… I could have chosen better words!
    I’ll have to try salsa on my salads some time soon, sounds yummy :)

The shoes are very cute! Although I went the complete opposite route on my day. I knew I wanted to be 100% comfortable so I wore little slippers. Yup, all 5’4” of me standing next to my 6’8” husband in flats! :)

13. peggywantacracker says

I love love love the idea of pink wedding shoes–so fun and girly! And with the lower heel, you’ll be able to dance and run around more easily, I’m sure. Congrats!

14. Danielle says

Love those shoes so pretty!
    I have the really high Bagdley Mischka’s you had originally wanted, only in white.
    Had planned to wear them to a wedding over the summer, but they still sit in my closet unworn :(

15. Nikki says

Hi, Peanut Butter Fingers!

I have stumbled across your blog while on a perilous and desperate search to find THE shoe. My one and only love happens to be yours as well. I have searched every possible website and still no success. This is my dream shoe and it matches my bridesmaids dresses to a tee! I would be eternally grateful if you could help me locate that beautiful Badgley Mischka Xango Pink shoe. I am starting to lose hope :( I have never written in a blog or forum, I am a little technologically disabled to say the least, so I have no idea how this works!
    — Nikki

• says

Hi Nikki! Try calling your local Nordstrom. They were AMAZING and searched their database to locate the shoes for me. I got a pair from Illinois shipped to me in Orlando in three days. Good luck!!! I hope you can find them!

16. Megan says

I just bought these shoes for my October wedding! I got them on My Habit (amazons version of RueLaLa) for $69 ahhhhh still so excited for that deal :)

Question, did your feet slip in them? I just got them in today and I feel like I may need to put something in to keep my foot stable.