Zip Lining in Cozumel

Welcome to Part Two (the final part) of our honeymoon cruise recap!

I will only be posting two posts about our cruise because I didn’t snap a bunch of pictures and am honestly excited to get back to normal blogging. The thought of creating multiple recap posts is a bit overwhelming to me, so please enjoy this final recap post and get excited for normal Peanut Butter Fingers blogging to resume!

I’m pumped! :D

Now for cruise fun…

The third day of our cruise was my favorite day!

On Saturday morning, our ship docked in Cozumel, Mexico. Ryan and I previously booked an excursion through the cruise to enjoy a day of zip lining and couldn’t wait to get off the ship and start our day of fun. honeymoon cruise 021After breakfast, we headed off the ship and met with a group of about 20 other cruisers to head to Fly High, a neat zip line course about 15 minutes from the port.

Once there, we were outfitted in some super sexy safety gear.

honeymoon cruise 024honeymoon cruise 025 After a brief safety overview, we were ready to get zippin’! honeymoon cruise 028I wasn’t feeling too nervous until it was my turn. Once I was all hooked up, my nerves really kicked in and I screamed as I was pushed off the platform.  honeymoon cruise 030Fortunately I survived. ;) honeymoon cruise 026honeymoon cruise 027We did the zip line course twice and had a blast!

It was so exhilarating and we were very happy with our excursion selection. Super fun! :D

Question of the Afternoon

What is the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done?

Comments

I would have to say completing the Death Ride was mine.

It was a 126 mile bike ride up 5 mountain passes.

It rained on the last pass. I was drenched, exhausted and so happy to complete the whole thing!

2. Katie says

I’d love to go zip lining to overcome my intense fear of heights. It looks too fun to pass up!

The most intense thing I’ve done would be a tie between hiking up Mt. Rainier (crossing a half mile glacier with only 4 feet to spare with a 30 foot drop next to us) and white water rafting. :) Both were breathtakingly beautiful.

I took my boyfriend skydiving for his birthday last year and THAT was by far one of the most intense things I’ve ever done – such a crazy rush haha.
    Looks like you’re having a great time!! I went ziplining in Montreal once – not exactly the same thing…

4. Laura @ Meet Virginia says

I did I similar zip line in the of rain forrest of Costa Rica! It was scary but also so much fun. The most adventurous (is that spelled right?) thing I have ever done was the “Sky Coaster” at this rinky-dink “theme park” called Old Town in Orlando. (Maybe you know what I am talking about since you are Orlando…) It was 300 feet in the air and so scary. I thought I was going to die the whole time! ;)

Ziplining is so much fun–I’m so glad you were able to do it on your cruise!! When I was younger, I used to go to summer camp that had a ropes course, including zip lines and “high” elements. They were always terrifying, but so much fun!

6. Chelsea @ Strawberry Sweat says

Ziplining looks SO much fun! I didn’t even realize that was something you could do! I thought it was just something you’d see in the movies :)

i guess i’m not too adventurous because i can’t think of a single thing like that i’ve done! but some of the hiking i did on study abroad in cameroon was pretty intense!

8. Annalise N. says

In Costa Rica, we went on a cave tour and it was crazy! we climbed through cave holes that I didn’t even think I’d fit through and had to climb up walls too. It was a great experience but not one I’m sure I would have done had I known what it all entailed!

They have great things called Go Ape centres in the UK – sort of an adult playground with swing ropes, ladders, daring-do heights and crosswalks above the forest – and plenty of zip lines! My boy and I went for Valentines Day this year; it was a great way to spend the day together!

I went spelunking (climbing through the inside of a mountain to the top) once with my boyfriend when we first started dating. I wanted to prove I was tough and outdoorsy since I was a city girl and he was from the mountains of NC. it was pretty terrifying since we were climbing through some small spaces and if you turned off your head lamp it was pitch black! it was worth it though – once we got to the top we got a great view of Asheville! and James was thoroughly impressed ;)

I went ziplining in March of this year when we went to the Dominican!

I definitly didn’t realize what I was getting myself into… I got so scared at first when we arrived at the zip-lining place! It’s definitly so much fun once you trust and let go :)

I’ve been Zorbing, which is where you are harnessed inside a giant transparent bubble thing (called a Zorb) and rolled down a hill. It is SO much fun, but scary the first time! :D
    Zip lining looks like so much fun- I’d love to try it! :)

13. Allison says

skydiving in New Zealand during my junior year abroad in Australia ( I went to NZ over X-mas break). I am completely terrified of planes (i’ve gone through an emergency landing… not fun. at all. ) and thought that this would help get me over my fear. No dice. I’m still terrified of planes and try to avoid them at all costs. I even drive 12 hours to FL (sanibel) to visit my parents for Xmas from the Carolinas every year just because I don’t want to fly! (helps that it’s cheaper, too, and now that I have a puppy, I can bring her along!). Annnyway…despite my never-ending fear of planes… I’d go skydiving again in a heartbeat. It’s not what most people think — you don’t feel like you’re freefalling at all, its more like you’re laying on a stiff mattress of air. White water rafting and ziplining are fun, too!

14. Whitney says

I went zip lining in Belize and it was awesome! But the MOST adventerous thing I did was climbing waterfalls in the belly of a cave while I was there. Now that was crazy!

i’ve always wanted to go ziplining! i think i would need someone to push me off the platfrom though! hahaha.

the most adventerous thing i’ve done was jump off the rocks at waimea bay…but from the lower point so not entirely THAT daring. haahhaha.

16. Lindsey says

Ziplining looks like so much fun! We spent a week in Cozumel this past summer. Isn’t it beautiful? I think the most adventurous thing I’ve ever done would have to be climbing a waterfall in Jamaica!

My husband and I went Zip lining for our first time Aug. 2010, in Island of Roatan, it was so scary and exciting. This past week we went zip lining in St. Cloud at Florida Eco Forest, it was exciting still.