Decorating

Ryan and I arrived back home in Ocala a little after 5 p.m.

We wasted no time busting out some of the goodies we purchased this weekend to help our home come together a bit.

decorating 011

decorating 005

decorating 012

Ta da!

The pictures above the table are images from our wedding! I edited the prints to make them sepia before ordering them in 11×14 prints from Shutterfly.

We framed them using new frames from HomeGoods for a uniform look.

decorating 007

I have such a hard time deciding on artwork and pictures for our house. I need wall décor to match the overall look of a room and make me smile. The second caveat is much harder to meet than the first.

Fortunately wedding pictures always make me smile and I like that the images we framed aren’t too “wedding-y.” I really wish we could paint the walls a nice warm color, but that was a “no go” in the homeowners eyes, so the white walls are here to stay.

Since it is now October, it was finally time to take out the fall decorations and cover our house in pumpkin flare.

decorating 013

decorating 010

Turns out we don’t have nearly as much fall décor as I thought! Since we moved to a small town, the house we’re currently renting is significantly larger than our previous rentals, so my small box of decorations doesn’t stretch very far.

Now it’s time to unwind, relax and enjoy the rest of the weekend. My sister is letting us borrow season one of Modern Family and Ryan and I are excited to catch up on a show so many of you guys recommended we watch.

modern family

See you in the morning!

Comments

1. Chantal says

Thanks so much for putting out such good information! I stumbled across your blog a few days ago, and honestly don’t even remember how I found it. I do know that I enjoy reading it and find you offer helpful tips. I really like the glass work you purchased for the table on the right hand side of the picture. That’s a beautiful piece.

Any tips to someone who used to be an avid runner and is trying to work herself back up to running regularly again? It’s like I’ve lost my running mojo and I don’t know where it’s gone! Thanks again.

-Chantal

love using your own pics! We did this with our Hawaii landscape pictures from a family vacation~ in sepia over our bed. Makes me so happy to look at them!

And as I was reading your post about not painting I got to thinking… what about fabric? I’ve seen that designer Nate do it~ just googled it and there are TONS of ideas out there on how to do it (starch~ washes right off the wall…) might be a little pricey, but with the right sale, and a small wall, you could easily get an amazing accent wall!

3. Sara @ RunnerWife says

Love the pictures! I am trying to find a way to decorate our place with our wedding pictures – I just may have to steal that idea!

4. Jenn says

I think your new decor looks awesome but if you lowered the pictures above that table just a few inches I think it would look PERFECT!

Every time you mention Ocala I think of Lupe Fiasco – The Show Goes On Lyrics
    Oakland out to Auckland, Gaza Strip to Detroit / Say hip hop only destroy, tell ’em look at me, boy / I hope your son don’t have a gun and never be a D-boy / Alright, already, the show goes on / All night ’til the morning, we dream so long

Yep.

6. Nancy @ Beyoutiful Fitstyle says

I’m so jealous of how much you have decorated so far! I’ve been in my new house since May and my walls are still bare. :( But each post you make about it inspires me more and more!

ps – Modern Family is the best show EVER! The new show Whitney might give them a run for their money though!

I love Modern Family! One of my favorites! Fall decorating is so fun too. I live in a tiny, tiny apartment in DC so my fall decor really stretches! If only my budget would as well haha. :)

Oh have fun with Modern Fam! I’ll be curious to see how many episodes you get through tonight, I could probably go through the whole season, it’s so good! Cam is definitely my favorite character :)

I seriously hate decorating.. I always have an idea of how I want things to look, but am not really creative or patient enough about decorating to actually set it all in action.. I love to have my mom help bc she’s great at that stuff, as well as my roommate whose bedroom looks like a photo from the Pottery Barn catalog. 😉

Cute decor! My bf just bought me some little squashes to decorate our apartment with! Since this is my first autumn living outside of the parents or college, I don’t have a ton of seasonal decorations yet.

11. Jess @ Jess Go Bananas says

Modern Family is the best!!! Sadly, we lost some Halloween decor in the hurricane :( But we stocked up at Homegoods this weekend!!! 😀

12. Kara says

In TN, it’s a law that homeowners who rent out a home or apartment must paint the rooms before new renters come in. You should check it out :)

I love Modern Family too, I got my husband to start watching it with me during the 1st season and now we are both hooked on it. We look forward to watching it every week.

I love this season’s episode where there was a dance flashmob involved. Love it.

I had to refrain from clapping my hands in glee when reading the bit of Modern Family–I remember when I decided to give this show a chance and now it is the absolute highlight of the week. You’ll love it! :)

The decor looks great! I’m trying to use natural elements this season, but it’s tough finding things that won’t wither quickly and the dogs won’t eat. You are so lucky to have a dog that allows you to decorate from the floor up! 😀 Hoping mine grow out of the omgitsonthefloorandchewy phase soon!

I’m totally with you on the whole two-part requirement for decorating. I find it difficult to balance the two, especially with a husband who hasn’t quite learned that he’s supposed to just agree with me =)

Long time reader, first time commenter! Love your blog – such great motivation to try cooking new things and new workouts. Enjoy Modern Family… I’m sure you will!

17. Kristin @ STUFT Mama says

You will LOVE Modern Family! I get giddy everytime we sit down to watch it on our DVR. :) He he! PS- Your house looks great! It’s coming together so well!

18. laurel anderson says

Hope you guys don’t pee your pants laughing like I did. I literally love all the adult characters…I can’t pick just one to be my fav. Can’t wait for your visit!!

I love your fall decorations! I think I need to plan a trip to Home Goods. I don’t have any fall decorations in my house yet. I love decorating with those tiny pumpkins. I usually decorate the house with them for the fall oh and candy corn in the candy dishes. They are a must for fall! :)

20. Kristen says

If u lower the pics and put them a little closer together they won’t look like they are floating on the walls. Everything else looks great!