First Run After the Half

After I awoke this morning, I went on my first post-half marathon run. My legs have felt 100 percent normal since Tuesday and I was anxious to get outside and shake them out on a run with Sadie.

RunKeeper

We covered five miles and I felt great. The weather was nice and cool and my legs weren’t stiff at all. I’ll take it!

Sadie seemed to have a ball and finished our run completely unfazed and ready for more playtime. She settled on hunting some shadows while I walked for a little bit to cool down.

Sadie hunting shadows

Once I arrived home, I made breakfast, wrote my morning blog post and worked through the morning until lunchtime.

Lunch

In honor of National Peanut Butter Day, I made sure to include the creamy nut butter in my mid-day meal.

peanut butter and jelly ezekiel bread

I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on toasted Ezekiel bread and served it with an apple, Wheat Thins and Sabra roasted pine nut hummus.

peanut butter and jelly

Not too shabby!

Question of the Afternoon

Now that my half marathon is over, I feel like I need a new fitness goal in my life. I have a few ideas in the back of my mind, but I would love to hear about your current fitness goals, so I ask you…

• Are you currently working on a fitness goal? Any big races or fitness competitions in your future?

Of Possible Interest

Comments

I’m training for my first full marathon at the end of March! I also have some yoga goals – I want to do handstand and forearm stand without support from the wall, and get into and hold peacock :) Lots of practice ahead!

I’m training for my first half marathon which is in April. After that’s completed, my goal would be to improve my 5K &10K timing as I’m a very slow runner at the moment :)

One of my goals is to train and get certified in Body Attack- which will be happening mid Feb (the training), I’m also doing my Advanced Instructor Module 1 Training for Body Step which was another goal. I’d love to do a marathon one day, but I’d end up walking most of it.

I too was wondering about the app you are using from your first image.

I need to try yoga, not just in my living room, in an actual yoga studio. It’s a step out of my comfort zone, but I think it will be worth the experience.

5. Erica D says

I’m about to start training for my first full marathon. The Rock n’ Roll San Diego marathon in June. I’ve done a couple half marathons and am ready and excited to tackle a full one.

• Christine says

I did the Rock n’ Roll San Diego Marathon a few years ago and LOVED IT! (Flew out from Boston, it was my first as well!) What a great place to be! Part of the course was along the beach, the views were great and made the run go by fast. Good luck, Erica!

6. Carlene Good says

I enjoy reading your posts and love that you include your dog as my husband and i have 4 of our own. Have you ever thought about doing agility with Sadie. I think she would really enjoy that as her breed are very athletic. Its an atheltic sport for you and her.

My goal is to do a bit more speedwork for my running workouts. I haven’t been very good about doing it in the past, and I think it could really help improve my running speed.

8. Christa says

I want to run the Savannah RocknRoll half in November!! My first 5K is in a month and it’s a run across the largest suspension bridge in GA. You and Ryan probably saw it on your vacation to Jekyll Island a few years ago.

Hi Julie! I’m new to your blog and am loving it! I’m a dog mom runner as well so I love seeing your sweet pics of Sadie. :)

Fitness Goal: I am currently studying to become a certified yoga instructor. My classes go from January – June and man is it a commitment, but I’m loving it. In between this I’m trying to run 3-4 times a week with my fur baby, Rocky, and also lift 3 days a week.

Looking forward to following your blog! Congrats on your half PR! – Sara

My goal is to run a half marathon this year. It’s too cold to run outside nowadays (windchill is below 0!!!!) so i’m hoping to start the real thing in the early spring. I’ve never run more than about 6 miles at a time, so I hope I can make it!!

11. Amanda says

Since reading your blog for the past year, I’ve really gotten into running as well. I was a competitive runner as a young teenager but got burnt out by the time I was 16. I recently found running again and am in love! Not only am I running a 10K in March, I am about 95% sure about running a half marathon in KY in October. Already up to 8 miles and counting. Pretty sure I can do it. Thanks for inspiring me :)
    As far as a fitness goal for you, you should try a triathlon or adventure race. Those are a blast!

I have lots of races coming up! A 10k and a Disney World half in February and then a 15k and 10k in March followed by 5 weeks of rest to hopefully heal my knees then I start training for a new Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare (10k on Sat, half on Sun) in Sept. I feel lost if I don’t have a race to train for!

The majority of these bear Thai names such as Lo, Quang and Kha, etc.
    In basic, Thai foodstuff has five factors, sizzling, sweet, sour, salty
    and spicy and people who are seasoned in Thai cookery can produce wonderful dishes which steadiness all these components beautifully.
    It is a bamboo flute packed with sticky
    rice that has been merged together with coconut and
    black-eye beans, and then baked upon hot coals. Games:
    The Brau’s favorite pastime activities are spinning top, flying butterfly-shaped kites, swimming in the river, rope tug of war rope seizing, hide and seek, stick walking, etc. Touch nail”All bridge place, I open and take sweet.

There are presently not many vitrified tiles manufacturers and the demand of this
    sort of tiles in Indian market is rising day by day.
    Do not take cold water bath immediately after a heavy work out, traveling, a long walk etc.
    It is a bamboo flute packed with sticky rice that has been
    merged together with coconut and black-eye beans, and then baked upon hot coals.
    Before steam about 15 minutes just marinated them with a little oil, seasoning salt,
    salt for absorbed, and steamed all on the grill for about 15 minutes.
    Touch nail”All bridge place, I open and take sweet.

I was very happy to find this site. I wanted to thank you for your
    time for this wonderful read!! I definitely loved every bit of it and i also
    have you book-marked to see new stuff in your blog.

It’s truly a nice and helpful piece of information. I am glad that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

I was curious if you ever thought of changing the page layout of your website?
    Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.

But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better.
    Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or two pictures.
    Maybe you could space it out better?

Does your website have a contact page? I’m having trouble locating it but, I’d like to shoot you an e-mail.
    I’ve got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.

I’ve been browsing on-line more than three hours lately, but I never discovered any interesting article like yours. It’s beautiful price
    sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made just right content material as you probably
    did, the web will likely be a lot more helpful than ever before.