BodyCombat

By now you all know that I am in love with BodyPump. My fellow BodyPump fans out there know that BodyPump is a class that falls under the Les Mills umbrella of group fitness classes.

Up until this afternoon, the only Les Mills class I’ve taken is BodyPump because that’s the only class I had access to when we lived in Orlando. (Sadly there are no Les Mills classes in Ocala.) Today, when I arrived at the gym, I glanced at the group exercise schedule and saw BodyCombat on the agenda! My curiosity got the best of me and I headed into the class with high expectations.

body combat

According to Les Mills, BodyCombat is an empowering cardio workout inspired by mixed martial arts that draws from a wide array of disciplines such as karate, boxing, taekwondo, tai chi and muay thai. Like BodyPump, the class began with energizing music. We spent the duration of the class kicking and punching our way through the workout. I was a sweaty mess by the end!

The class reminded me a lot of kickboxing classes I’ve taken before, but with more energy and excitement. The instructor was definitely feelin’ it and her enthusiasm was contagious. The class wasn’t too hard to follow, even as a first-timer, because the instructor did a good job of previewing the combinations. The 45-minute class flew by and I had a blast. BodyCombat reminded me, yet again, just how much fun fitness really can be when you find the right exercise program. Shop around until you find something you love!

Lunch

On my way home from the gym, I swung by The Fresh Market. We don’t have a Fresh Market in Ocala and I am in love with their flavored coffees and bulk bins, so I took a little detour and picked up some ingredients for a crock pot dinner at the fancy grocery store.

I also made sure to take advantage of their coffee samples.

Fresh Market Raspberry Chocolate Coffee

Yum!

And I couldn’t leave without buying a small bag of the white chocolate fudge trail mix to snack on during the car ride home.

white fudge trail mix

This stuff is the jam.

Once I made it back to my parents’ condo, I fixed myself a plate of leftovers.

Chicken and Rice

Rotisserie chicken + Rice + Fresh blackberries.

Someone wanted in…

IMG_2051-001

Chicken makes her heart swoon.

Before signing off, I wanted to share a gorgeous picture with you guys that Ryan sent to me from his business trip this week.

IMG_0060

I think it’s safe to say he’s not in Florida anymore! Ryan is returning tomorrow from Warwick, England and I can’t wait to see him!

Hope you have a wonderful Friday!

Comments

1. Marie says

You should try Krav Maga! It’s Israeli self-defense training (the name literally means “contact combat”). It teaches you how to defend yourself if you’re attacked, and anyone can do it. I started in August, and I am so hooked! It’s an awesome workout. I also love it because it forces me out of my comfort zone (I’m typically gentle, quiet, not the least bit aggressive), so it has forced me to grow. And the best thing is, even if I stopped doing it and gained ten pounds, all of the sweat and energy wouldn’t be wasted, because I would still have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to defend myself. I am in love, even though it does come with a few bruises sometimes. But those go away 😉

Body Combat is THE BEST! I used to do body pump, then tried combat and never looked back (although ideally they work well together!) I was surprised at how much it worked my arms-I was always so sore the morning after! And the legs track! I want to try body jammm or whatever the dancing one is.

3. Kathryn says

Body Combat is great, but Body Attack is my favorite cardio class.
    If you get a chance and you’re in the mood for some yoga, I highly suggest Body Flow. It’s a mix of yoga, tai chi and pilates. The tai chi at the beginning is a little weird, but everything else is great. I’m always surprised by how much of a work out I feel like I’m getting (moreso than regular yoga). And it’s a great way to stretch out all your muscles and kinks from running and weights.

4. Deanne says

My gym has very few classes and no Les Mills ones, but I really want to get the Combat DVDs. I really enjoyed the P90X KenpoX so figure Combat will be similar.

I love Bodystep and body pump but after reading all the comments about body attack, you all inspired me to try. Turns out its offered tomorrow at 6am which is the only time I can go to the gym. Yes!!

6. Tracy says

I am lucky enough to live a half a mile awhile from a Golds gym that offers all of the Les Mills classes. I started taking Body Pump in December and I love it!! I love the feeling of my body getting stronger and leaner. I have worked my way up to using a large and small plate on the squat track!!! For once I’m looking forward to showing off my toned arms this summer. I will to give Body Combat a try!!

7. Crystal says

I started following your blog in 2011 right as I was beginning my fitness journey and was a new Florida resident. I love love your posts and look forward to getting my email with new blogs up eveveryday! So glad to see BodyCombat get some love on your website! I’m certified and teach 4 les mills programs… BodyPump, BodyCombat, CXWORXS, and BodyFlow! Definitely make sure you try all the formats–there’s something for everyone & most people find at least a few they can’t get enough of ;)-keep up the good work PBF!