Pasta Time

When lunchtime rolled around this afternoon, I had only one thing on my mind.

Mueller's Angel Hair Whole Wheat Pasta

Pasta!

Yesterday I followed this recipe and made pork chops in the crock pot to continue on with my Crock Pot Challenge. The leftover pork added the perfect punch of protein to my afternoon bowl of Mueller’s whole grain angel hair pasta that I bought on sale (buy one, get one free!) at Publix last week.

Pasta with pork and marinara

I added sautéed mushrooms to my marinara sauce before pouring it on top of the pasta and sprinkling the dish with parmesan cheese. Craving = Satisfied!

Though I’m not one to discriminate against any kind of pasta, I think angel hair is my favorite. I love the way marinara sauce and parmesan cheese cling to the thin noodles. Delish!

Question of the Afternoon

• What is your favorite kind of pasta?
  • Any fantastic pasta recipes out there?

In general I prefer very simple pasta dishes (red sauce all the way!), but when I’m in the mood for pasta and tacos, I love to make my taco pasta skillet. I’ve also been meaning to try to make a bolognese sauce in the crock pot. It’s my favorite kind of pasta sauce and I’ve seen some mouth watering recipes out there that I need to try!

Comments

I agree that angel hair noodles are great for keeping all the flavors and sauces together! :D And then something like manicotti is awesome because everything is already stuffed inside, and I love me some goooood homemade gnocchi.

I love different shaped noodles! Barilla has a really good noodle called Cellentani. It’s a really curly noodle and it’s good at holding sauce. I think it’s a fun shape so I always buy that when it’s on sale at the supermarket. :)

3. Katie says

Have you tried the shirataki noodles? I cant decide if I like them or not. I got them at Wegmans. I think they are actually made from Tofu. 20 cals per 4oz serving and 3 carbs. They didn’t taste weird but kind smelled fishy. Once topped with sauce they weren’t bad!

4. sarah says

Have you heard of Dream Fields Pasta? My a huge pasta lover – HUGE! If I could eat anything, it would be pasta….which isn’t always the healthiest. I’ve tried whole wheat, but, it’s just not the same. Then I stumbled on Dream Fields pasta – love it! Taste just like pasta but way heathier for you. Only 5 grams of digestible carbs and a low glycemic…..which makes it a good fit for diabetics too. It’s definitely my go to pasta now!

5. Sofie says

Hey love the blog !!! I’m Italian so pasta tends to make quite a REGULAR occurrence in my meals :p one of my faves is the classic ‘aglio , pepperoncino , e olio ‘ basically olive oil garlic and chilli pepper – particularly good with whole meal pasta and served with lashings of Parmesan !! – you should defo try it if you haven’t before ;)

Have you ever considered publishing an ebook or guest authoring on
    other blogs? I have a blog based on the same subjects you discuss and would love to have you
    share some stories/information. I know my visitors would enjoy your work.
    If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email.