A fANNEtastic Lunch

Today’s lunch was fANNEtastic!

Quinoa Salad with Pecans and Cranberries

After working through the morning and teaching TRX, I swung by the grocery store to pick up lots of food because tomorrow I will be prepping a few dishes for our Friendsgiving party on Saturday.

I wrote down all of the ingredients I needed for several of the recipes, and my mouth started watering as soon as I visited Anne’s blog, fANNEtastic Food, and copied down everything I needed for her quinoa salad with pecans and cranberries. After looking at her beautiful pictures, I knew I wanted to get a jump start on cooking and decided to prep the salad this afternoon so I could have some for lunch.

I doubled the recipe since we’ll be serving a large group and once it was done, I scooped several large spoonfuls into a bowl for myself.

Quinoa Salad

It was so, so good! The perfect afternoon meal. If you’re looking for a healthy but 100 percent delicious side dish to bring to a party, I highly recommend it!

Also, for those of you planning to make some fabulous dishes for a Friendsgiving party of your own or Thanksgiving next Thursday, here are links to a few recipes that you guys recommended to me in the comments section of Tuesday afternoon’s blog post:

And you can also check the comments section to see some mouth-watering recipes that a few of you were kind enough to type out for everyone to read. YUM!

Thank you for sharing your favorites with me! I always appreciate it!

Now I’m heading back to the gym to finish up my work day. Enjoy your evening!

Comments

That really does look fantastic! I’m planning on making a quinoa stuffing this year instead of traditional stuffing with bread (since I’m also making corn bread and mashed potatoes!). I’ll be adding cranberries and pecans like in this recipe! Hope you all have a fabulous Friendsgiving! I need to try getting one of those together for my friends and me too. ;)

I love making quinoa and incorporating other fruit/veg into the mix. I actually made my quinoa mixture last night (cooked in chicken broth) and added chicken, tomatoes, green peppers and pizza mozza….so stringy and delicious :)

Looks so good. I love changing things up for thanksgiving and quiona is such a nice way to add protein to a side dish since most sides don’t have much protein. This is similar to a quinoa dish I make with walnuts, craisins and pomegrante seeds.
    Your list of foods looks great! I think your party is going to be a huge success. :)

I always have such a hard time buying dried fruit that DOES NOT have any sugar added. Because of that I tend to steer clear of dried fruit : ( This baby looks delicious though!

5. Jane says

I know what a cheese lover you are (I can’t get enough of it myself) so I always add some finely grated fresh Parmesan to my mash potatoes. You don’t need too much, but I find it really adds some much loved cheesey flavour :)

Yum Anne’s salad sounds delicious, if only I wasn’t allergic to Quinoa. Maybe I could try subbing in barley or something instead.

I will have to check out the comments section for recipe ideas.

I hope friendsgiving is fun, sure it will be!