Star Struck

Last night I was one lucky little blogger!

I got to meet three wonderful women who are the authors behind three blogs I admire very much: Tina, Caitlin and Gina.

Smilin' Bloggers

I have to admit, I was a little star struck! :) It was neat to meet these women, whom I’ve admired for quite a while through Blog World, in person.

Tina’s blog is the first one I started reading. I didn’t even know about food and healthy living blogs before I found hers through Health.com. Once I started following along, I was hooked!

Our group met up at Season’s 52 in Orlando around 9 p.m. to enjoy a night of appetizers, dessert, drinks and fun!

Tina and Caitlin

Me and Gina

Season’s 52 just may be my favorite restaurant. It is so delicious and the chefs prepare every seasonally-inspired dish with fresh ingredients. On top of it all, no dish at the restaurant has more than 475 calories. Sch-weet, huh?

Since I couldn’t wait until after 9 p.m. to eat dinner, I ate before I met up with the group, but still saved room for a beer, some yummy appetizers and a mini-dessert.

Miller Lite

The Spread

Desserts

My Canoli Dessert

It was so fun to be surrounded by bloggers! Finally I wasn’t the only crazy lady whipping out my camera to photograph everything!

Bloggers in Action

All in all, it was a great night!

Today

I woke up nice and early today to meet up with two of my girlfriends for a 5k fun-run.

I was a little sleepy since I stayed up with Ryan for a while after my night out at Season’s 52, but after putting my running gear on and acting like a total ham for the camera, I felt much more energetic.

Ready to Ruuuun

(I think Sadie wanted to run too, huh? Oh, and don’t worry, no stuffed cows were harmed in the taking of the above photos. ;) )

I left around 7:45 a.m. to head out to a nearby lake to meet up with my friends Laurel and Merri.

The 5k was very informal, not timed and super fun! (My kinda race!) I ran with my friends and we chatted the entire time.

We still managed to work up a sweat, but had a great time doing so.

Merri, Me & Laurel

By the time I got home my tummy was grumblin’.

I made my self a quick breakfast of scrambled eggs with portobello mushrooms, cauliflower and Laughing Cow light French onion Swiss cheese.

Cookin'

Mo' Cheese, Please

Breakfast!

I’m off to the grocery store with Ryan to stock up for the week!

Comments

1. Diane says

I found your blog through Gina’s, and I’m so glad I did! You are so presh in those running pics :) and I’m in love with your dog! Adding you to my google reader right now!

the action shots are funny! i love them!

Glad you had fun with the girls, that meet up looks like it was a blast! All of my fav bloggers in one spot.

Where do you get your work out pants? I have a hard time finding any that I like. Mostly because (sorry if this is too much info) but I don’t wear underwear w/spandex and i find a lot of them are uncomfortable to wear like that. any suggestions?

• peanutbutterfingers says

i bought the capris at the victoria’s secret outlet. they’re VSX sports brand capris. i like them a lot b/c they’re thicker than most and i don’t feel like my hiney is on display! :) i hope this helps!

3. Katherine: What About Summer? says

Hey I’ve never read your bog before and when I saw your running pic, I thought there were triplets! I have way too many embarrassing moments online that I’m way too willing to volunteer to people.
    You all look so beautiful at dinner!
    Katherine

Oh how cool that you got to meet up with those ladies!! I would have been star struck too! ;) I love Seasons 52! I’ve been in the fall and winter, but never in the spring or summer. Need to get go again soon. Their desserts are the best part!!

OK, here is what i want to know…have you always been that thin? and if not, was it a difficult process to get THAT thin? I am desperately trying to lean up/lose weight to get faster at running and i am stuck. stuck. stuck.

you look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!

• peanutbutterfingers says

thank you for your compliments. i will say that i have never been technically overweight, but i was a little heavier (at most, 10 lbs.) throughout college & when i first graduated. what really, really helped me a lot was eating produce – fruits & veggies and incorporating these foods into nearly every meal. they allow you to eat MORE (yay!) and feel fuller. before i’d eat foods like lean cuisines which would leave me ravenous. i am now much more satisfied, i eat more and i eat more nutritious foods. preparing my own meals from fresh ingredients and adding in a lot of veggies really made a huge difference for me – much more than any special work out did.