This morning began the same way as the past two mornings: In the kitchen.
Today’s baking adventure was cranberry orange muffins, which I made using reduced sugar yellow cake mix.
I felt like a real chef as I zested an orange. 😉
The fresh, citrus flavor of the orange really came through in these muffins and tasted quite cheery!
I think every one in my family had three! I know I did. 😀
Now we’re off to church!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 1 box 18 oz. reduced sugar (or regular) yellow cake mix
- 2 tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 3/4 c. egg beaters (or three eggs)
- 2/3 c. skim milk
- 1/3 c. oil
- 1 1/2 c. dried cranberries (I used Craisins)
- Zest of one orange
- Juice of one orange (approximately 1/4 c.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix everything together, stirring in the dried cranberries last
- Spoon batter into muffin tin lined with muffin cups
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes
Question of the Day
What is your favorite kind of muffin
I love any kind of muffin that has streusel or crumb topping. 😉