Better Late Than Never

Ryan is the alarm clock guy in our house. He sets it, turns it off and is basically the master of the annoying morning buzzer.

Unfortunately Ryan forgot to change the alarm time from 6:30 a.m., which is what if was set for on Friday, to 5:30 a.m. this morning. Around 6:15 a.m., I heard an “Uh oh…” from his side of the bed when he realized his mistake.

Though I was a little disappointed about missing my typical 5:45 a.m. BodyPump class, I still figured I could get in a decent workout on my own. We arrived at the gym 45 minutes later than usual, but hey – better late than never, right?

My morning workout looked like this:

Total-Body Weights Workout

(Once again, the weight noted is the total weight used. Ex: I used two 15 lb. dumbbells for chest press, totaling 30 lbs.)

I alternated the exercises in groups of two (super-sets), up until leg extensions. (Ex: I did one set of step ups, then one set of shoulder raises before repeating the sequence two times to complete the exercises).

Post-Work out Walk

After the gym, Ryan joined me and Sadie on our morning walk.

Typical Morning Walk

Special Guest

It was such a treat to have some extra time with him in the morning.

I think Sadie was more than thrilled to have the extra company as well.

Breakfast this morning was a good one!

I started with a yogurt bowl that included fresh blackberries and blueberries.

Yogurt Bowl

I topped the mix with Gerber Graduates strawberry apple puffs. Yes, it’s baby cereal, and yes, it’s delicious. :)

Close Up

I also enjoyed a homemade chocolate chip muffin that I made last night.

When I went to my friend Laurel’s apartment to hang out yesterday, our friend Merri brought over a ton of food from her pantry since she and her boyfriend are in the process of moving, and I nabbed the muffin mix!

Chocolate Chip Muffin

When I made the muffins, I added a bunch of white chocolate chips to the mix for some additional chocolate flava.

Moist and Chocolatey

And I should probably add that a peanut butter finger was also enjoyed this morning. ;)

Typical

Pretty darn tasty!

Comments

Get ya some! Love the workout. I try the banana puffs this weekend, my friend’s baby had them everywhere:) I would totally pick that cereal up next time. The banana was awesome.

I love body pump! That’s great you got in a good workout on your own though. Also, what kind of dog is Sadie? She sort of looks like my friend’s Viszla. She’s adorable!

I wish I could sleep in like you did this morning, but for me, 6 am is too late. Silly body waking up on its own :D
    yummy looking muffins, I never had one with white chocolate!

This is going to sound SO odd, but I love baby food, not just the cereal, but the jarred stuff. I could eat it all day. Everyday. Haha :)

Love the addition of white chocolate chips – that makes it super chocolately, and even better.

I think you made the best out of your morning no matter how late you may have woken up :)

Enjoy your Monday!!
    Meg

• peanutbutterfingers says

ryan is usually at work around 7:15 a.m., but he got in late today. i arrive at work between 8 and 9 a.m. today i got in around 8:40 a.m.

• peanutbutterfingers says

a kid i used to babysit for would always eat it & i would always sneak bites. it’s so good!

5. Merri says

Glad to see you are making use of all the food I gave you… I knew you were the right person for the job of taking it off my hands! When I move in with Lou next week we need ot have more visits from you…(or maybe we can come to you since Laurel doesnt have cable, and I want to watch SYTYCD!)

• peanutbutterfingers says

good news! she actually got cable now! i also used your tuna in my lunch today. :) and the coconut was devoured last night. ;)

I totally thought that was baby cereal! I thought “Huh, looks like what I was feeding my nephew this afternoon!” With the peach version, as he is allergic to strawberries.

7. LG says

Hi! Wanted to let you know that I pulled off this workout and did it at the gym last night. It was TERRIFIC/sore-muscle making! Thanks very much for posting it on your workouts page!

Surely our scientists know more about chemistry that nature does, so surely they should
    be able to come up with some far better for our skin
    than any of these natural oils and butters you read about.
    The term natural means only pure ingredients are used directly from nature as opposed to
    synthetic ingredients and organic products simply means that the molecule comprises of carbon and natural skin care products have no boundaries with
    regards to organic or natural products. Limejuice can also be a helpful skin aid.