Easy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich

Hold the phone.

Tonight’s dinner was fan-flippin’-tastic.

buffalo chicken 007

Who knew making a homemade buffalo chicken sandwich could be so simple and so tasty thanks to only two ingredients?

Exhibit A:

buffalo chicken 012

Exhibit B:

buffalo chicken 013

To begin making our sandwiches, I first baked two Murray’s family farmed chicken breasts in the oven at 400 degrees for approximately 25 minutes.

buffalo chicken 014

Once the chicken was fully cooked, I pulled it using two forks before tossing three ounces of the cooked meat in the buffalo sauce I made by combining one tablespoon of Franks RedHot Wings buffalo sauce and one tablespoon of grated Parmesan and Romano cheese.

buffalo chicken 005

Along with our buffalo chicken sandwiches, we enjoyed cold cucumber slices to distract our taste buds from some of the heat from the hot sauce.

buffalo chicken 002

buffalo chicken 008

If you’re a fan of buffalo chicken wings, you must make this sandwich!

When I saw Lisa make a buffalo chicken salad using this two-ingredient buffalo sauce that she saw on Hungry-Girl.com, I knew it would be a winner, and boy-oh-boy it is!

If you’re weary of the spiciness, don’t be! It definitely has a kick to it, but I’m terrible with spicy foods and I didn’t think it was too hot.

YUM.

Easy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich (adapted from Hungry-Girl’s Buffalo Chicken Choppity Chop Salad)

Ingredients

• One 3-ounce cooked chicken breast, pulled (You may also used canned chicken to save time)
  • 1 tbsp. Frank’s RedHot Wings Buffalo Sauce
  • 1 tbsp. Grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 whole wheat hamburger bun or sandwich thin

Directions

Combine pulled chicken, Frank’s RedHot Wings Buffalo Sauce and Parmesan cheese in a bowl until chicken is fully coated. Microwave approximately 35 seconds until warm. Place buffalo chicken on top of whole wheat bun and enjoy!

Comments

1. Jamie says

Hey girl!
    Another super easy version of this is:

Place 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot, add Frank’s red hot, add 1 packet of dry ranch dressing powder, a little water, and let it cook all day on low. Shred when you get home. Delish and easy!

2. Caitlin says

Another thing I’ve never had: a buffalo chicken wing…though it would probably be pretty easy to convince the boyfriend to introduce me. Looks great!

• peanutbutterfingers says

they have to be pretty moist (not dry and hard). definitely try cooking chicken breasts in chicken broth in a slow cooker on low for 6 hrs. they should pull very easily after that!

• Jessica says

Hey there!! Another easy way to pull chicken is to cover the chicken with water in a pot (with a lid). Once the water is boiling, boil you chicken for 20 minutes and DONE!!! Shred your chicken with a fork or your fingers once cool enough!!!

3. Courtney says

That looks delicious! This added to Jessica’s (www.howsweeteats.com) Buffalo Chicken Burger recipe…Boy, I am going to have a lot of buffalo themed meals coming up!

I’ve made the Hungry girl salad into a pizza before just using a whole wheat tortilla as the pizza crust and baking it. But honestly, something about the parm mixed with the buffalo sauce did not agree with me and I ended up trashing it. Though I do like the suggestion of the slow cooker with buffalo and ranch packet since I like ranch dressing on side my buffalo wings, not blue cheese that normally accompanies them.

I do something really similar using greek yogurt mixed with Frank’s. Makes it a little more gooey if that is what you are going for, and if you put it on top of a salad, it doubles as dressing. PLUS more protein!

6. Bonnie says

Oh, no! in defense of squirrels, I decided i had to comment :) I love them – love seeing their tiny little paws – how clever they are, how fun they are to watch. I lived in Florida for years, and moved up to Indiana now and have so few of them. (yes, send them up to me!) …

My Nana despised t hem with a vengeance – they ate her veg garden, ate her flower bulbs, and she called them “little b******s” which I thought was hysterical. So whenever I’d travel, I’d always mail her a postal card of a squirrel/chipmunk as one of several from a state. you’d be surprised at how many states have a “welcome to X” with a pic of a chipmunk/squirrel on it!! ha ha. Enjoy your blog, as always.

7. stabo says

This looks great. I love the simplicity of the recipe. Some of the other recipes I’ve seen have many more ingredients, frying, etc. I would like to start with a more convenient buffalo chicken and add as necessary. I might add butter, change the cheese, add ingredients or whatever, until I get the right mix, but I love this idea as a starting point. This amateur chef would love to expand his horizons and I have been craving some buffalo chicken lately. Thanks.

8. Jessica says

I just made this but I didn’t have parm cheese and I subbed it for 1 tbsp of cottage cheese…combined and microwaved for about 15 sec. I’M SO IN LOVE WITH THIS!

9. Stacey says

These sandwiches are the BOMB!!! omg! I also added a tablespoon of light ranch dressing! On toasted whole wheat buns w melted cheese! Yummo—o!!!