Sadie Loves Animals, Animals Don't Love Sadie

Good morning!

Wake Up, Orlando!

Isn’t downtown Orlando pretty before 7 a.m.?

Workout

This morning Ryan and I headed to the gym and split up do do our respective workouts. We workout together, but not together. ;) While I took a BodyPump class, Ryan hit the stair-stepper, bike and treadmill for a cardio workout. Ryan almost always does weights only at the gym. He gets his cardio during weekly soccer games and soccer practices, but is on a mission to integrate more cardio into his daily workouts.

Just like many women seem to struggle with integrating weights into their exercise regimen, I think many men may struggle with incorporating more cardio into their routines. It’s kinda funny how each gender seems to have a different “go to” exercise.

After our respective workouts, we came home and gathered up the pup for a 2.5 mile walk.

Walk, Walk, Walk

No Standing??? Psssh. Such a Rebel.

It was nice to enjoy some calm with Ryan and Sadie before the workday madness sets in.

Sadie seemed to enjoy the walk as well… though she seemed to prefer stalking the birds and squirrels to actually walking.

"Oh Swanyyyy. Come Out and Plaaaay..."

Much to her chagrin, the animals didn’t seem to reciprocate her interest and all made a beeline for treetops or the lake at the sight of her gangly body and the sound of her overly-excited wheezes.

Maybe next time, Sadie. ;)

Breakfast once again paid hommage to Tuesday’s delicious pumpkin peanut butter French toast.

I made myself a pumpkin peanut butter sandwich that included banana slices since I had a banana that basically had one foot in the grave and needed to be used.

PB & P & B

Before inhaling this breakfast, I dusted the sandwich with pumpkin pie spice because it make it look so perdy and taste that much better.

Open Faced

Eat Me!

I wonder when I’ll get sick of this pumpkin and peanut butter combo? If it’s anything like my love of peanut butter, I don’t see it fading any time soon.

Healthy Eating in College Follow Up

Before signing off, I want to take a minute to thank you guys for sharing some amazing tips for eating healthy while away from home at college. If you’re looking for more quality tips and advice, definitely check out the comments section of yesterday’s post. You readers are so wise. :)

I also received some additional requests for posts about the following topics:

• How to maintain an exercise regimen in college
  • How to eat healthy on the cheap

Stay tuned! :D

Of Possible Interest

Comments

1. Nic says

Enjoy your peanut butter pumpkin combo because before you know it fall flavors will be by the wayside and the wonderful flavors of winter are right around the corner!

I love the calm of a city in the early morning. I’m really not into lifting weights these days and I’m okay with that. I wish my gym had Body Pump, I think that would help!

Oh and poor Sadie! It reminds me of when my little nephew wants to “play” with my mom’s cats and they are Sooooo not feeling it!

Have a good day!

My dog would be much happier if the squirrels showed even half of the amount of interest that he shows in them! I’m so jealous that you can squeeze the gym and a walk in before work!

Everywhere is so much prettier in the morning!

I wish I lived down south where it was warm at this time of year. We’re lucky with warm weather lately, but it should get down to almost freezing at night pretty soon. :(

I know there is so much more to Orlando than Disney, but I am still jealous that you get to live so close to Disney. Haha. For me it is such a magical and special place. Also- I think it is amazing that you live somewhere that many people vacation.

I had english muffin french toast for breakfast yesterday and it would have been a great idea to add pumpkin!! I wish I thought of it then! You should try it!!

Jeff never wants to do cardio. We worked out together last night and he did weights only. I’m not super concerned though because like Ryan, Jeff incorporates cardio during the week, he plays b-ball at least twice and soccer once.

Seeing Sadie makes me miss having a pup. :( I had the sweetest Golden Retriever growing up, Scamp and he always wanted to play with the animals. But as you pointed out they weren’t too interested in playing with him.

7. Erin says

I am trying to get motivated by you to work out more in the mornings. I want to, it’s just so hard to get up at 5am. Do you go to bed at 9pm?? I don’t get home from work until 6pm, and just can’t seem to wrap up the night early enough to get in bed by 9. Can you give some tips on how you do it?

I have to admit I’m jealous at your morning workouts and walks with the pup and Ryan.
    I wish I could talk my bf into that :D
    Pumpkin and peanut butter are amazing, I can’t get enough of that too!

My husband and I will workout together, but not together as well! lol

Naughty girl, standing in the tow zone! lol, why is that even on that sign? Like you couldn’t just move out of the way.

10. HW says

I’d love to see info on eating healthy on the cheap too! Also, maybe something on fueling up for exercise the right way (food-wise).

I have a quick pumpkin related Q…(i checked out your recipe pages first and didn’t see this…), have you tried oats with PB and pumpkin? just curious…

11. Jean@RoastedRootsandPumpkinSpice says

I tried the pumpkin and PB combo the other day after reading about it on your blog and it was AMAZING! Thanks for the tip!

AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA