Buffalo Chicken Burgers

Tonight was one of those nights that things just seem to click in the kitchen, though they didn’t exactly start out clickin’.

I forgot to put the pound of ground chicken we had in the fridge in the crock pot before I went to work this morning, so my initial plan to enjoy salsa slow cooker chicken was out.

What to do…

I opened the pantry and felt uninspired.

Then I opened the cabinet where we keep our spices and sauces and inspiration struck me like a lightning bolt. (True story: I couldn’t think of an analogy when I said “Inspiration struck me…” and when I turned to Ryan for help, his suggestion was “It struck me like explosive diarrhea.” Great. Thanks.)

Inspiration came in the form of Frank’s Red Hot Wings Buffalo Sauce!

wedding shoes 032wedding shoes 034(I am such a ham.)

The only way I’ve used this sauce before was to create buffalo pulled chicken sandwiches, but I remembered seeing Jessica conjure up some tasty lookin’ buffalo chicken burgers a while back and figured I could make some of my own by loosely following the buffalo pulled chicken recipe.

I combined the following in a bowl:

• 1 lb. ground chicken
  • 1/4 c. Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
  • 1/4 c. Parmesan Cheese

I stirred everything up until the chicken mixture was fully combined. I then sprayed a skillet with cooking spray and formed the chicken into patties to cook over medium/high heat.

I let the burgers cook for about seven minutes on each side, adding a slice of Muenster cheese on top of the burgers for the last two minutes.

I paired the buffalo chicken burgers with a side of roasted asparagus and was basically frothing at the mouth as I snapped these pictures.

wedding shoes 056 wedding shoes 052 wedding shoes 059  wedding shoes 062Sometimes throwing things together in a bowl just works.

Ryan was also a big fan of these burgers! (Holly, I think you better make them for Craig ASAP since he liked the buffalo pulled chicken so much!)

Special Delivery

Check out what arrived in the mail today…

wedding shoes 020My wedding shoes!!!

wedding shoes 021I love them. :D

I’m off to dance around the apartment put them back in their box for safe keeping.

Enjoy your night, friends!

Comments

My boyfriend is just about the biggest buffalo chicken fan EVER (bold claim, I know!) so these are definitely on my must-try list!! I made buffalo chicken quesadillas last night which were very very tasty :)

2. Jenny says

Love the little piggies poking out of the peep toes! So cute! I don’t eat meat but love the buffalo flavor…still searching for a way to savor it veggie style.

3. Jessica says

omg now you’ve got me drooling at the mouth. those look so good and SO easy! ill definitely have to try them.

ooo wedding shoes! how exciting

Your shoes are so adorable! This is so exciting. The wedding is coming so soon and details are slowly falling into place. I love those shoes, I might just have to buy a pair! 😉

Buffalo chicken is one of my favourite things in the world (aside from peanut butter and cereal). I can’t wait to try your buffalo chicken sandwich recipe!

I am obsessed with frank’s red hot sauce! That burger looks so good and those shoes are so cute! I’ve never seen ones like that! I love that they are pink! =)

BEAUTIFUL SHOES! That’s so exciting!!

Oh, don’t even talk about YOU frothing at the mouth…at least you got to eat those photographs 😉 haha!! Share next time, jeeeez 😉

Buffalo sauce mixed with meat is a fabulous idea. I am looking forward to making something similar from a Rachael Ray recipe I found..probably this weekend so you should see it soon. Also, your wedding shoes look beautiful! Enjoy them.

Howdy, ladies! I recently received my hCG drops today. I havn’t done a whole lot of research myself, but have numerous good friends on them that have great results. I’m wondering if any individual on here takes them. How they’ve worked for you and if taking them with my additional medications is ok. Thanks

9. Courtney says

hiiiii Julie!!! You have no idea how much I love your blog and I cant believe it took me this long to check it out! believe me i am not a cook so i am going to look like one smarty pants in the kitchen to my boyfriend when i try out some of your recipes! =) thanks so much Julie! miss you!! xoxo

Hey there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard work due to no
    data backup. Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?

fxoouciyewpj

12. Marrybell Beavens says

I made these last night and my husband and I fell in love; they are so tasty! The best part is that I have leftovers for lunch today. I want to try them with Muenster Cheese that’s the only thing I didn’t have, I used 1/2 a slice of American and added a slice of tomato yummmmm!

Thanks so much!