Two Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Cookies

Buckle up, kiddos, because tonight’s baking extravaganza was full of autumn awesomeness.

Pumpkin spice cookies!

I blogged about these cookies back in October last year, but since I apparently had a camera from the 1950s at that point, I figured I should feature the cookies on the ol’ blog again with a much prettier spread.

Plus, I know many of you likely didn’t see that post since I posted it during my first month of blogging and trust me, these cookies deserve some extra attention.

You guys know how much I adore easy recipes (flourless peanut butter cookies!), and these cookies take the cake for being the absolute easiest cookies to make in the world.

All you need are two ingredients:

pumpkin spice cookies 020

Mix the two ingredients together (or simply stir them together using a little elbow grease) until the pumpkin and cake mix are sufficiently combined.

pumpkin spice cookies 021pumpkin spice cookies 025 The cookie dough will be really thick and completely irresistible. There are no raw eggs in this mix, so feel free to go to town on the dough. I know I did.

Place spoonfuls of the dough on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray (or on a Silpat because these things rock!) and bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes.

pumpkin spice cookies 026 pumpkin spice cookies 028The cookies are done when they feel slightly firm to the touch.

pumpkin spice cookies 032 pumpkin spice cookies 034Allow the cookies to cool and enjoy as is… pumpkin spice cookies 062Or allow the cookies to cool and top ‘em with cream cheese icing! :D

pumpkin spice cookies 065I then dusted the cookies with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.

pumpkin spice cookies 040pumpkin spice cookies 043pumpkin spice cookies 068The only thing better than how easy these cookies are to make is the end result.

Enjoy!

Comments

1. Meg says

I found that many people do not know what to do with canned pumpkin. I run a food pantry and we have lots of canned pumpkin. So today I am taking in a batch of these w/the recipie.
    Maybe all that donated pumpkin will fly off the shelf!

Fun and easy!! My kind of thing.

I just made these with a friend over the weekend. They came out so good I went to the store and bought enough stuff to make another batch for a party that night. When I told my mom about them, she wants to make them this weekend. I think you’ve started a trend ;)

3. Heidi says

I’ve made something similar to these but they were muffins with 1 can of pumpkin and 1 box of devils food cake mix. Put in 12-cup muffin tin and bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Yum!

4. Alexa says

I guess I’m a little behind on this post, but I was wondering what the texture of these cookies is like? It seems like this recipe is made more for muffins since it’s made with cake mix, so I was wondering if the cookies come out ‘cookie-like’ or soft and bread-y like muffins. Want to know so I can make some this weekend! :):)

5. Susie says

can you use a different flavor of cake mix for the above cookies – can’t find the Spice cake in Ottawa. So can we use a Duncan Heins super moist vanilla than add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin season spices? If so can you tell me what the spices are?

• Alexa says

I checked the Metro in Ottawa too and no such luck. After much debating in the aisle haha, I bought the carrot cake mix, and just added a little more pumpkin pie spice/cinnamon to the batter. They still taste ABSOLUTELY delicious, no ‘carrot’ taste just sometimes a little crunch of a piece of carrot haha. I feel like using vanilla mix wouldn’t achieve as much spice flavour..? But I’m not sure.
      Hope this helps!