Psycho Bride

Thank goodness today is going by quickly. I can’t wait to head to my parents’ house after work and become completely immersed in the wedding madness.

Franck-Induced Wedding Madness

Speaking of wedding madness, when driving my car the past few days, I’ve looked like a psycho bride.

Perhaps I should elaborate?

On Monday I picked up my handmade veil that I ordered online through Etsy.

Quick tangent: For any brides out there looking for a high-quality handmade veil, you should definitely check out Emily Rohm’s shop on Etsy. Her veils are intricate, romantic and  truly beautiful.

I’m beginning to think my wedding programs should say “Julie’s Wedding: Brought to you by Etsy.” ;) I love crafty goodies!

Anyway, back to my story…

I picked up my veil on Monday and immediately unwrapped it in the car. At a red light, I used the comb to fasten it into my hair. I then tried to snap a picture of me in it with my phone to send to my mom.

As I did this, I had two cars honk at me and give me the thumbs up. One woman even mouthed “Congratulations” which made me blush. I totally looked like an obsessive bride. :D

Now, for the past few days, I’ve been driving around with my veil draped over my car seat.

Crazy Bride

I didn’t want to get it wrinkled and even though I feel like a crazy lady with a veil behind my head, it makes me smile to know I’ll get to wear the beautiful veil so soon.

Someone come steal this veil from me if I’m still driving around with it draped over my car seat on Monday. ;)

Lunch

Lunch today came from a drawer…

Emergency Supplies

I keep a couple of cans of soup on hand in the bottom drawer of my desk in case I run out of food and need something to eat for lunch.

Though we still have some food in our fridge, I was feeling lazy this morning and opted to pack myself a simple quesadilla to enjoy along with a can of soup from my emergency soup stash.

Progresso Soup

I made the quesadilla by microwaving two sticks of string cheese on top of a whole wheat tortilla. Once the cheese was melted, I folded it over and dug in!

The Goods

I also had a chocolate chip cookie that I grabbed from a dessert tray in our office.

Cookie Monster

Such a simple lunch, but it was simply delicious.

Here’s to hoping the next three hours whiz by!

See ya from St. Pete! :D

Of Possible Interest

Comments

I love that movie! And now I’m trying to think of funny quotes. Have you seen the original with Elizabeth Taylor and Spencer Tracy? I feel like I should watch it at some point.

2. Jessica says

I hope after all the wedding and honeymoon madness is over (no rush on the honeymoon though) that you will post at least one photo of you in your full wedding regalia. I bet you are going to be stunning and Ryan will probably be super handsome in his tux!

Good luck you two and safe travels! Enjoy every second of it! It only happens once in your lives!

3. Brittany says

Ditto to Jackie (#5) above! But at least you’ve had work to take up some of your time this week–I had Wed – Fri off before my Saturday wedding and I was going crazy with anticipation!

I can’t believe it’s possible to be this genuinely excited for someone I don’t even “know” in real life, but really, I couldn’t be happier for you! :)

Thanks for the recommendation on the Etsy shop for veils.

I am a several months behind you in plannin g my wedding and I’m excited to get to the veil part soon. There are so many good and creative vendors on Etsy and it’s overwhelming. I like personal recommendation, so thank you for yours.

• says

I know, I just went to the link and explored some more, they are expensive.

I’m doing destination wedding in Puerto Vallarta so I sent a message to the vendor and see if she has any light veil that’s fitting for a beach wedding.

thanks again Julie

Your veil is beautiful! I would be wearing it while I was driving around… any excuse to wear it!

Congratulations! You’ll be in my thoughts on Saturday (while I’m stuck at work.)

6. Allison says

Hi Julie…. must say that I LOVE your website, and have been reading back on posts you’ve made so I can catch up with all the wedding planning (i love all things wedding, can’t wait for my own one day…) I’ve also noticed that we have a lot in common too, (I’m a runner, live with my boyfriend who is also a Ryan, just adopted an adorable puppy who I am compeltely obsessed with, parents live in FL, love food blogs… crazy) Anywho, i agree with the comment above that even though I don’t know you in real life, I am SO excited for you and Ryan for the start of your new life together! I hope you both can enjoy every moment this weekend brings, and enjoy your honeymoon! Can’t wait to see the recaps!!

7. elysie says

Congratulations on your wedding, but more importantly on the beginning of your marriage! I know you’ll have a great time.
    This is completely unrelated, but I had to thank you for introducing me to broccoli slaw. I just found it in the grocery store and I’m in love! It’s such a great addition to sandwiches! I get so many ideas for meals from you now! My tastebuds and waistline thank you!

When my sis got married, we watched Father of the Bride 7 times the week before…we couldn’t stop saying:

“Eh, where are those kears.” and “I want…the cheaper…chicken.”

Congrats on your big day this weekend!

I love Father of the Bride — oh and a few weeks before Jason and I got married my parents made us watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding together — another great wedding movie :)

I love your veil Julie! I can’t wait to see you all put together :)

Ha ha! That’s so funny. A week before my wedding I took my big ole slip/skirt out of the bag so the wrinkles could fall out. In my parents living room was this giant skirt just hanging out. I also had my veil hanging right about if. I used the hook from my mom’s hanging basket to drape it! HA! But everyday I would come over and put it on. I was obsessed with my veil!

Congratulations! I know you’ll make a beautiful bride!

11. Linda says

Julie, I love your blog and read it every day. I have a question…are you going to take a break from blogging when you are on your honeymoon? As much as I love your blog and will miss you when you are gone, I think you owe it to your new husband to devote your time to him and your new marriage. I hope I’m not out of line for saying that.
    Congratulations and good luck! :)

• says

Thank you for your thoughts, Linda. You’re definitely not out of line. I really do appreciate your opinion. I will be blogging during my honeymoon, but only because Ryan and I were only able to afford to stay at the resort we’re visiting due to the discount they gave us under the pretense that I blog about our stay. I will definitely not be following my typical 3 posts-a-day format and will only be blogging during “downtime.” We’re both committed to enjoying our honeymoon to the fullest and I won’t let blogging get in my way. I am excited to have some of it documented though because I love looking back on old posts and think it will be a neat way to remember such an exciting time in our lives.

12. Liz says

Hey Julie -

HAPPY WEDDING! Enjoy every minute. Think you could do a wedding registry post when you get back from the perspective of someone living a healthy food/activity oriented life? There are so many fun kitchen presents out there!! What did you and Ryan choose? My guy and I are getting married next August and need to start thinking about this…

Can’t wait to see the wedding pics!

I eat a string cheese quesadilla every day…thanks for the idea way back, it never gets old!

Good luck these next couple of days preparing….you’re going to be a beautiful bride! :)

Have a great wedding weekend!

After reading your post I went to scope out Etsy for wedding stuff (getting married next year!) and am soooo excited about all the fun items people have on there! I never would have thought of it, thank you for the idea.

15. Emily says

Julie, I’m getting so excited for you!! I was driving to the airport today and Carrie Underdwood’s ‘Mama’s Song’ came on and I immediately thought of you! …please tell me you’ve heard this song!?!?! If you, YouTube that ish right away, please!

16. Lyndsay says

Your veil is beautiful! I hope everything goes well for you and Ryan the next few days. I can’t wait to see some pictures of your lovely dress, veil and shoes!!

Thanks for swinging by my blog!!
    That veil is stunning and I LOVED your story. Girl you are too cute.
    Actually, scratch that, you’re gorgeous, and are going to make a beautiful bride.

I know you are super busy with your wedding, but I was wondering if you could answer a quick question. When Sadie was a puppy what did you do with her while you and Ryan went to work?

I am most likely getting a Vizsla pup on Saturday and was curious about what you did with Sadie and how she handled being left alone.

Congrats on your wedding, you are going to look amazing and I can’t wait to blog stalk your photos!

• says

when she was a puppy i was really fortunate in that i could come home from my previous job for lunch every day. i would let her out and play with her for at least 30 min. at lunchtime every day. she would still have accidents, but they gradually became less and less. we were really adament about potty training when we were with her though and she picked up on it pretty quickly. i highly recommend tying a bell to the door and ringing it with your dog’s nose before you take them out. eventually they learn to ring the bell when have need to pee! it’s awesome! also, feel free to email me w/ any puppy questions… and pictures of your new little pup! I LOOOOOVe vizslas!

• says

Thanks for the tip Julie! That is awesome that Sadie rings a bell for you, I definitely want that skill in my dog’s life.

I hope you had an amazing wedding day and an even better honeymoon.

I have some pictures of my pup on my blog if you want to check it out sometime. She is a sweetie!

-Lauren

Julie, have such a fabulous weekend, you know we will all be thinking about you and Ryan!! I hope it’s truly amazing and everything you dream of – I’m sure it will be! ;)

Yum cookies… I love office treats!! By the way, what kind of tortilla / wraps do you use? I’m kind of picky when it comes to ‘em and looking for a new, good one! :D