Please Tell Me I’m Not the Only One

First of all, thank you all so much for your insightful comments on my last post about finding your first job. If you’re on the lookout for a new job or will be graduating and entering the job market soon, definitely check out the comments section. The stories and tidbits of advice from readers are ten times better than my post.

Onward!

Now, I’m really counting on you guys to make me feel less insane. I realize I have a ginormous sweet tooth that seems to thrive this time of year.

I graciously accept any baked goods that come my way and enjoy making holiday treats of my own.

But what I’m about to tell you is a little much.

Today I opened a box of Ghirardelli cookie mix with absolutely no intention of making cookies. pizza 014I just wanted the chocolate chips.

And so I ate probably half of the chocolate chips right out of the box and packed up the rest of the mix for later… or until another chocolate craving hits.

pizza 015pizza 018Please tell me I’m not alone and don’t need to check into Chocoholics Anonymous.

Dinner

The chocolate chips served as dinner-making fuel. I snacked on the sweet chips as I prepared our evening meal.

Our plates were full of food within 20 minutes thanks to thin crust frozen margherita pizza and roasted zucchini.pizza 019 pizza 021 I think Sadie wanted in.

I’m looking forward to spending the rest of the night with my husband who finally got off work at a decent hour. As we learned yesterday, my love language is quality time, so I’m happy to have him home with me! :D

Ryan’s top love language was also quality time, so we’re in the same boat!

Here are his scores, just in case you were curious:

• Quality Time: 9
  • Words of Affirmation: 7
  • Physical Touch: 7
  • Acts of Service: 5
  • Receiving Gifts: 2

We’re off to spend time together and tell each other how much we love each other while holding hands, doing each other’s laundry and exchanging gifts. ;)

G’night!

Comments

1. Leigh says

Oh I laughed so hard at the chocolate chip hunting! I haven’t done that…but I could totally see it happening!

Wanted to say…I made the white chocolate dipped oreos and they were delicious! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Ahahah this is hilarious. I don’t think I’ve ever done that, but I HAVE eaten things I’ve bought for people as presents. The number of times I’ve had to run out to buy people a second present because I’ve eaten the first one…oops.

I love the way you ended your post–too cute about the “love language”! I sometimes get crazy chocolate cravings and whenever my boyfriend brings home the trail mix with the M & Ms or other chocolate pieces I always go to town on the chocolate…and avoid the peanuts, raisins, etc. I guess we’re just chocolate miners!

I took the love language test and my highest one was Words of Affirmation. Receiving gifts ranked a 0, which totally surprised my husband who thinks that gifts were way more important to me. I can’t wait to see what his scores are! Thanks for posting that quiz. It’s definitely good to know what your partner’s love language is so that you can better meet their needs. :)

5. Jessica says

I can honestly say I have never heard of anyone doing what you have done…with that said…chocolate is chocolate and you gotta do what you gotta do!! I have recently found dark chocolate with a touch of sea salt…oh my delicious!! And it actually came in a bar, I didn’t pick it off of a chocolate covered pretzel ;)

While I have never done cookie mix, I am known for picking through ice cream. Frozen chocolate, and the hunt of it is fun! Wow, it just hit me how odd that is :)

7. Kelly says

I have done that with ice cream! Specifially the Edy’s brand that makes the girl scout flavors…I will buy the Samoa flavor and just pick out the Samoa bits.

Sooo not the only one! I usually just go straight for the cookie dough and don’t even try to pretend that I was planning on turning the oven on. haha

Also about the job post – I was lucky enough to get a job out of college (graduated in May!) with the company I interned at the summer before. And now I feel like I’m on the opposite career path of where I want to be heading! How did you make the transition from marketing to writing/editing?

9. Eliz says

I don’t think I should even keep chocolate chips in the house this time of year!! If I don’t bake something I end up melting them them with peanut butter, pretzels or any or “trying” anything else that might taste good.

You are the only one! How about this: tonight I ate Chinese food (which I haven’t had in ages!) and then waited for a few hours so I could do a plyometrics workout. However, I got distracted and ate some cookies and ditched the workout. Definitely not ok everyday, but fun for one night :)

11. Anne says

I totally eat chocolate chips even if I’m not baking! I got “acts of service” as my highest scoring love language! Now if only my husband would LOVE doing them! :) How do you roast most things? I would like to start doing that more often, but all I have is a toaster oven or range. Thanks, have a good day :)

That is so funny! I can say that I have never done that. But I find myself snacking so much now on cookies and chocolate. I need to stop but it’s so hard when all of these holiday treats taste so good :)

13. Amanda says

I made the no pudge brownies the other night, the kind where you only mix vanilla yogurt with the mix, simply because I wanted to eat some batter! I didn’t care to eat the end result but thank goodness the batter did not have any eggs other wise my stomach would have not loved me too much!

Haaha.. this should make you feel better..

My new habit (and by new, I mean about 3 months old) is to pour brownie batter into a mug, add a litttle bit of hot water – texture is key – and eat it. Just like that.

Don’t judge me. It’s fantastic.

Your desperation reminds me of “Drop Dead Gorgeous” when the mom is in the hospital and says “Right now I would kill somebody for the nicotine under their fingernails!”

I’m sure I’ve done such things, but I can’t think of any off hand.

16. Leanne @ For Health's Sake says

I redid my love language quiz and my top one now is Acts of Service!! I’m definitly turning into my mother :) which is a great thing cuz shes fabulous <3

I told my fiance that last night and he surprised me and did all the dishes while I was at yoga last night… he is speaking my language ;)

17. Lauren says

haha! glad to hear i’m not the only health-conscious person whose sweet tooth gets insanely large around the holidays. i swear, i’ve been popping m&ms all day long, all month long :D

18. Shayla says

Ha I love this! Haven’t done that, but I have many a times picked the chocolate/butterscotch/peanut butter chips out of cookies and threw out the cookie part – somehow it makes me feel like those calories don’t count!! :)

I had a package of BIG TRAIN sugar free natural Peanut Butter cookie mix. I mixed it with Davinci/torani sugar free syrup, added cinnamon and sweetener, and just wanted to ‘taste’ the batter before I microwaved some. I ended up eating the ENTIRE package- it was much better as batter (there was no raw eggs or ingredients that NEEDED to be cooked in it), and it was AMAZING. But THE WHOLE MIX. I made it thick, so it didn’t seem like a lot in terms of volume. So addictive! lol

You make me feel better and better about myself because your posts assure me that I’m not the only one doing certain things! I totally randomly came upon this post…and no, you are definitely not the only one who goes through the cookie jar for chocolate chips! I so do that. Sorry if this post was random but I had to comment!