Angry Wife

As I hopped on the treadmill this morning and pressed play on my iPod, Will Smith’s “Getting Jiggy With It” started blasting which you know made my 20-minute cardio session fly by!

I completed the following workout:

Minutes Incline Pace
0-5 8.0 4.0
5-10 1.0 6.5
10-14 1.0 7.0
14-15 1.0 8.0
15-20 8.0 4.0

I was a sweaty beast by the time I was done.

I meandered over into the weights section of the gym and did a lighter version of one of my go-to total-body workouts. I could not stop sweating and it wasn’t because I was pushing myself extremely hard. It was seriously sticky-hot in the gym. It made me feel fatigued earlier on in my workout and affected the overall quality of my strength training. I guess they can’t all be winners!

Angry Wife

I came home to an empty house, as my family was at work and I figured Ryan was on a walk with Sadie. I looked around for my computer to get a jump start on my morning blog post since we wanted to be on the road for Jekyll Island before 9 a.m.

I couldn’t find it anywhere. What the heck!? I figured Ryan used it while I was at the gym and put it somewhere other than where I left it. I began cursing my husband under my breath and went outside to look down the street to see if Ryan and Sadie were at least on the homestretch of their walk. When I didn’t see them there, I said “C’mon!” aloud, which prompted a bark from a nearby dog. My dog! Sadie!

almond m&ms 002

Ryan and Sadie were hanging out in the backyard around the corner so I couldn’t see them. Grr.

I think I need to take a serious chill pill this morning! I was set off by the hot gym and the realization that I forgot to pack underwear for our vacation and the laptop thing irritated me way more than it should have.

So I did what any hormonal female would do.

almond m&ms 001

I ate some M&Ms and felt instantly better. Smile

A good breakfast also helped improve my mood!

almond m&ms 003

almond m&ms 005

A vanilla, peanut butter and banana smoothie was followed by a small bowl of Wheaties (I finally tried them!) since I’ll need some sustenance to make it through the 5+ hour drive to Jekyll Island.

almond m&ms 007

almond m&ms 010

I enjoyed breakfast while watching Sadie battle it out with a monster that somehow found its way into my parents’ pool.

almond m&ms 015

Now I’m off to steal some underwear from my sister (is that gross?) before we hit the road!

See ya from Georgia!

P.S. The Fashion page was updated this morning.

Comments

Bahahaha I’m sorry for your underwear loss and poopy morning! But I know your day will turn around once your get some cute hot pink undies and some more chocolate 😉 Heck, it’s not gross to steal undies from your sis and only you (and blog readers) have to know.

Enjoy your day :)

2. Lee @ in the pink of condition says

Aww I bet you are gonna miss Sadie when you’re gone! She is such a silly little sweetheart :-)

‘Wheaties: breakfast of champions…and taming angry wives everywhere.’ well, i guess that slogan doesn’t really work because it was the chocolate that did the trick, but oh well, it’s early.

have a great trip and no, swiping undies from your sis isn’t gross…i’ve done it myself. so i at least hope it’s not!

4. Heather H. says

Have a great trip! I wish that I had a sister to borrow underwear from if needed! lol I only have a brother, so I don’t think that would work!

This post was so funny…I’ve forgotten underwear before but don’t have a sister to borrow from!! Inconvenient. Nothing wrong with borrowing from her :) And that picture with Sadie and the pool toys cracked me up…hahaha

6. Holly @ The Runny Egg says

I always forget important stuff like underwear or my glasses!

Sorry about this morning — hope the M&Ms helped!

If I were swimming and saw that alligator I would totally crap myself. No lie.

7. Jillian says

I went to Jekyll Island 2 years ago (woo didn’t realize it was that long) for my boyfriend’s fraternity formal. A good place to get away, relax, and catch some rays :) Enjoy!!

Bummer about the undies! I would totally borrow from my sister! Otherwise I’d have to live in my bikini bottoms the whole time (which might now be half bad!).

Hope you guys have a nice little getaway! :) Sounds like some quality time is in order after all the traveling! Enjoy!

Lucky for me, my sister is 14 and a size 00 at Hollister, so if I forget underwear, I can sew 5 pairs of hers together!

Also, the alligator in that pool freaked the pants off me when I first saw it, it looks photoshopped! (luckily, I had underwear on.)

When my sister and I were both still living at our parents’ house, we bought our underwear from the same place…and generally had the same size. I am guessing we swapped undies on more than one occassion!

Also, upon a friend’s suggestion I made overnight oats last night. Have you tried them? SO DELICIOUS! I made mine with soy, cocoa and chopped almonds and I pretty much went to heaven this morning.

I came across this today and thought of your post about exercise mantras. I often think back on that post when I need some extra encouragement.
    This is a good one to add to the list :)
    “Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.”

Have fun on the island!

Forgotten underwear= go commando ( a la Joey Tribiani!) :) But seriously, especially if you are wearing a maxi dress, it is way more comfy to go commando- only the hubby will know, and it will be a great start to the romantic getaway…. just take my word for it! :)

13. ellalinea says

Oh I have those mornings as well.. Well actually I always get irritated after work.. It seems like a need a lil time to wind down or something..

Oh btw I have a reader request: Could you maybe do a post regarding your fav work out music? You always have the best cheery and happy tunes :)

Love the fake alligator in the pool! Is it a pool item or just something that floats that became a pool item? I need one ! It looks real and made me jump Lol

Oh my God, I thought the alligator was real for a second! Gave me a bloomin’ heart attack; I was about to jump through my computer screen to save Sadie!

I have those kinda feelings too. They really annoy me, because there’s really no reason to get upset and I don’t WANT to be upset… but I just am. Some things I guess we just can’t control…

16. edwina says

i love that even when you say you were grumpy, you still post a pic of you looking so cheery! puts me in a good mood! have a nice holiday

17. Brittany says

What recipe did you use for your Peanut Butter Banana smoothie? I can’t seem to make a good one for the life of me!

18. Beth (Well I'll Be) says

I always forget to pack underwear! It makes me so mad at myself too, because it always happens! I think I’m way more focused on my outfits maybe?

M&Ms always make things better, don’t they? Especially if they are peanut butter M&Ms- those things are SO DANG GOOD.

My sis always steals my underwear and I get mad at her for it haha! But I sometimes do it too, so I can’t complain too much. And as long as their clean, it isn’t gross 😉

Sorry you forgot your underwear! I always get paranoid that I’m going to forget something like that when packing. I hope you have a great trip! : )

21. Allison says

Have fun at Jekyll Island! I love it there! My aunt lives in Brunswick, GA, so we always go to Jekyll and St. Simon’s when we visit.

22. Allie @ Healthy Balance, Healthy Life says

Hahahah, Julie, I don’t think it’s gross to borrow someone’s underwear (especially your sister’s) but I’m weird and don’t care about stuff like that. Not socially acceptable but do it anyway! 😉

Haha! The underwear thing totally cracked me up! I have 2 sisters and I would do the exact same thing and they would do the exact same thing too! :) Have fun on your mini vacation!!!

This may be a dumb question, but what are hamstring ball curls? Also, any advice on deadlifts? I am either doing them wrong or I am just a weigh training moron. I’m going with both!

Ohhhhh, one more very important question: your blog has me craving pb smoothies on the regular. Is there a cheaper blender out there that makes delicious smoothies for us poor kids?

25. Shayla says

Glad I’m not the only one that has those pissy moments 😉

Btw, just wanted to let you know that I’ve been dying to make your elusive thick smoothies so I finally bit the bullet and bought xanthan gum….oh my heavens!!! It was so deliciously thick and creamy, absolutely amazing!! I’m thinking I want another now for lunch! :)

26. Erin says

I think we all have our moments… I agree with you though chocolate or something else sweet always helps! I’m sorry you forgot a few necessary items. I am always so paranoid that I will forget something, so I end up checking over and over again! Have a great time!!

I try to always apologize to my husband when I realize I am being ridiculous, and I’ve learned that I hate being wrong as much as I hate apologizing. It sometimes reminds me to keep things in check.

Then again, if I can use an M&M to help, that sounds much more delicious. 😉

haha thanks for sharing the story, i’m so glad i’m not the only one that blames my bf instantly! even if it was me that misplaced something, he’s the first to blame… oops :) have a wonderful trip!

I cannot believe there is an alligator in your parent’s pool. Is that a normal occurrence? You seem so calm about it haha I would probably be freaking out.

Have a fun trip!

30. Amanda P says

I think were all allowed to be a little moody when we are hormonal! It sounds like you have a fun vacation to look ahead to though. I love your smoothie recipes. I just bought a Vitamix last weekend and have been stealing all your recipes. Can’t wait to try this vanilla PB one!

31. Lindsay says

Ahh!! Jekyll Island! My grandparents moved to jekyll when I was little and we always took our vacations there. I love Glory beach! It’s where the movie Glory was filmed years and years ago! I haven’t been there in years but my dad bought my grandmother’s house (she now lives in a nice senior facility in st. simons island). I should really get down there one of these days! I have such fond memories of jekyll!!! My dad was just telling me how they are re-vamping the island. There used to not be too much too do besides biking and the beach… but now I hear it’s much more fun! I can’t wait to see pictures of the island!! YAY!

OMG!!! is that real gator!? haha! And borrowing undies from you sis is A-okay, I mean their clean and she’s your sis! I’ve had to from my best friend before!! Anyways there is a fun blog award going around and I awarded one to you! Check out my blog sometime and then post it on your blog! Have a fun vacation with your hubs!

Hmmm…did you forget to pack them, or did someone sneak into the suitcase and remove them? 😉

Also, this is why I need a sister. Because I would certainly walk around naked before borrowing my brother’s boxers.

Ugh! Forgetting underwear is the worst! I always forget to pack something and it always seems to be underwear, a toothbrush, or a razor! lol.

Girl, there is no need to apologize for being a WOMAN! We *all* get that way sometimes (and yes, one of my “sometimes” was this past Wednesday night when I came home from work and realized Happy had chewed up my *favorite visor EVER!* — there may or may not have been tears…emphasis on the may have been.) Looking back on makes me crack up though. Gotta love them pups. She just wanted to be closer to me while i was gone, right?

chocolate makes everything better! :-) & I don’t have a sister, but I have 2 sister in-laws & when they sleep over sometimes our laundry gets mixed up & it happens! Whatever, as long as its clean right? :-)

37. Kristen says

Haha! Love it! My sister and I share everything- including toothbrushes(for whatever reason I always forget to pack one)
    People think we’re gross. Whatevs, we’re made of the same genes, so we’re basically the same person.
    That’s how I justify it in my head.

I ALWAYS forget one key item when I pack for trips! I have definitely forgotten underwear before, and I was at home too, so my sister got to help me out (she didn’t know it haha). I mean, isn’t that what sisters are for? Laughs, cries, and to lend out underwear!? Have a fun trip!!

39. Candice says

Jekyll Island is amazing! I can’t wait to see some pictures & read your reviews! A quick trip to St. Simons island would be fun too! What type of activities do you guys have planned? Check out Driftwood beach for some beautiful photo-ops. If you are willing to venture off Jekyll for dining I would suggest Cargo Portside Grill at 1423 Newcastle St
    Brunswick, GA 31520 (912) 267-7330. Have fun!!

40. Michelle @ Lifewithacrazypup says

I was EXACTLY that way last night. The husband is out of town right now and so I don’t get to talk to him ALL the time. When he called, I was sad and lonely (and hormonal) and I felt like I ruined the conversation. Since we don’t get to see each other right now — it made it so much worse. Which just further upset me and put me in worse mood. ANYWAY– he’s only a few hours away so I get to drive down on weekends. Tonight will be my first visit :) Can’t wait!

P.S — hope you are enjoying your nap on the drive!

Have you realized how computers are addictive? I now can’t live without my laptop! It’s great to have some time with family, I like to go to my parent’s (they’ve retired in a very nice country place) and you feel so good!

Read your tweets about forgetting your underwear at home this morning. While my students were doing silent morning work. Bursted out laughing … (yes, it would anger me too, but angry wife… happy husband..was comical) .. and then had to make up some lame story to tell my kids why i was hysterical during quiet time,

I told them our principal sent out a joke. Then they later asked him what it was. He look confused. Woops.

43. janet says

At least you are the same size as your sister … as long as they are clean it isn’t skeevy me thinks … if you had to borrow them from your dad, well that would be a whole different story!!!
    (plus you are bound to drive by a Walmart or Target if need be!)

44. Niki (Life's a Payne) says

Chocolate makes everything better! And the fact that you can SEE that you are angry and then deal with it makes you a great person!

Enjoy the trip!

45. Kate @ NaturaStride says

Ugh – I hate when I get in moods like that. Last week my iron broke and I had a complete meltdown – haha! Definitely hormonal. :)

That smoothie looks very yummy!

I had the same breakfast this morning first a greenmonster and needed some staying power so I had a bowl of Special K. I just fortgot the M&M’s my bad.

47. Lily says

Did your treadmill workout this evening and it was a quick and dirty way to get tired and real sweaty. Thanks for sharing. Have a good trip and no big deal snitching some of your sister’s undies–this is what sisters are for.

48. Marissa says

My sister will wear my panties without asking … now that is gross!! And it makes me so angry lol like fly off the handle angry! :)