Chewy Granola Bar Bites

I’ve been karate chopping my to-do list today.

• Finish freelance project – Check!
  • Send preliminary PBF t-shirt designs to t-shirt company – Check!
  • Follow up with lawyer about blog stuff – Check!

Woo!

Part of finishing up my freelance project involved baking.

granola bites 009

Chewy Granola Bar Bites (Makes six bites)

Ingredients:

• 1 c. old fashion oats
  • ¼ c. packed brown sugar
  • ¾ tsp. pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon will also work)
  • 2 tbsp. chia seeds
  • 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
  • ¾ tsp. baking powder
  • ¼ tsp. salt
  • 1 egg white
  • ½ c. milk

Directions:

• Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line muffin tin with paper cups
  • Combine oats, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, chia seeds, baking powder and salt
  • Stir in milk and egg white into oat mixture
  • Divide batter among six muffin cups
  • Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until batter is fully set

granola bites 007

I made the granola bites by mixing traditional granola bar ingredients (plus some fun extras!) and dividing the batter into a muffin tin. A fun alternative to granola bars, these bites are moist, dense and perfectly portable.

Lunch

Before I knew it, lunchtime arrived!

Since I did quite a bit of snacking on the granola bites, I wasn’t starving, but I still wanted to eat something since I’m going to be out of the apartment for the rest of the afternoon.

A smoothie bowl was the perfect midday meal.

smoothie bowl 004

I made myself a chocolate-covered strawberry smoothie and it hit the spot!

A cold lunch was just what the doctor ordered. I spent about an hour working from my laptop in the backyard this afternoon so Sadie could run around and came inside feeling quite sweaty… and totally annihilated by mosquitos.

I am seriously a bulls eye for bugs. Ryan and I will be sitting in the backyard and I’ll come inside with 20 mosquito bites (Seriously!) and he’ll have none. It’s maddening.

Gotta run!

Comments

I thought these were delicious! I made them right after reading this post because it just so happened I was hungry for an afternoon snack as I read this. Great timing :)

2. Katy says

Just made these without chia seeds but added some natural peanut butter and sprinkled with dark chocolate chips ( ok maybe stirred some into the batter too for extra chocolatey-ness!)

i’m the same way with mosquitos! thank god i live on the west coast now where there’s like 1 mosquito for every 100 miles.. lol
    my mom used to say they were attracted to me b/c my blood was so sweet! … i’d rather my blood be sour :-)

I’m the same way with bugs!! It has driven me nuts my whole life! Not only do I get 82 more bites than everyone else…but they swell up to 5x a normal bite too (terrible when it’s front and center on my forehead!- that’s happened!).

I’m going to try those granola bites they look d-lish and I have all the ingredients- Score!

5. Jessica says

Yummy Granola bites!! You’re smoothies always look SO delicious!! What kind of blender do you use? I want to make some of the recipes you have, but I know the little blender I have would never be able to make them.

Whenever I complain about looking diseased from all the mosquito bites, my dad will, without missing a beat, say, it’s because I’m so sweet. Cheesy, I know, but apparently there is some truth to it. Some people just smell like they taste better. I’m going to start eating raw garlic in hopes that it will deter those pests.

The mosquitoes seem to be tag-teaming on us because I am covered in bites! And as elementary as it sounds, I really think it is a case of the bed bites because I can’t remember the last time I sat actually sat outside!

Hey Julie I’m def not trying to solicit by telling you this but my dad invented an environmentally friendly mosquito trap that would really help keep mosquitos out of your yard and off of you! It’s called BiteBack, & you can find it on our website bitebackllc.com . We’ve had them Out at our house & lake house for almost ten yrs and we don’t have mosquitoes anymore.

I also have to agree that I like recipes that have small serving sizes. Just enough for a snack and then I can move on! Not just because I hate having a ton of extra left over, but because I crave things in waves. So then I can just bake something else entirely different the next day!