Christmas Celebration

I am so terrible about taking pictures when I get together with friends. Chalk it up to having too much fun and not remembering (and not wanting to be intrusive), I guess!

So, with only four pictures to show for last night, our mini trip to Orlando for Laurel’s Christmas party was a great time.

christmas party 005

I got to see some of my favorite girls and celebrate. Two of my friends, Laurel and Kaitlyn (seated on the ends), graduated from graduate school on Friday and Leah (seated in the middle) got engaged at the beginning of the month!

Ryan and I arrived in Orlando in the early evening and immediately felt nostalgic for our old hometown. It really was such a fun place to live.

Laurel’s Christmas party included dinner and a cookie exchange, so we arrived hungry and immediately dug into appetizers when we got there. I ate so much crab dip, meatballs, white chocolate peppermint Chex mix and cheese puffs that when it was actually time for dinner I was hardly hungry. I need to learn how to pace myself better, but the ham, mashed potatoes and green beans were also delicious!

We spent the night just hanging out and catching up with our friends. The white elephant gift exchange was basically awesome!

Ryan and I left with two different baking mixes which made me a happy camper.

christmas party 006

I see some brownies and winter white cupcakes in our future!

christmas party 003-1

We also had to play Catch Phrase because that game is so much fun!

christmas party 002

My team lost, but it was a close game and both the winners and the losers got cookies!

christmas party 001

I brought three different kinds of cookies to share, but my favorite of the three were the green swirl cookies in the middle of the above picture which I made by following a recipe from Our Italian Kitchen. They tasted like buttery shortbread!

I left with a whole container of cookies and a tin of homemade toffee from Leah.

And speaking of cookies, here’s today’s featured cookie recipes from the cookie recipe link up! Recipes will be posted through Christmas Day from the comments section of the cookie recipe link up post, so there’s still time to submit your favorite cookie or bar recipe if you’d like!

Cookie Recipe Link Up

cranberry cookies

butterscotch blondies

oreo brownie bars

Comments

I don’t take too many pictures when I’m visiting with friends, either. A few pictures is fun, but after a while, I think they think I’m just taking pictures for entertainment purposes on my blog haha! And I don’t want them to feel used! ;)

2. Rachel says

So fun! What were some other gifts that people brought?

I have a white elephant gift exchange at work Tuesday, but I don’t know what I’m bringing!

3. Nicole says

You came away with great white elephant gifts! Success! Do you happen to have the recipe for the white chocolate peppermint Chex mix? It sounds so good! It also has inspired me to make the original Chex mix today!

Pacing at the holidays? With all that food?! Never! Haha. Last night I was “in” recovering from my bout with the flu and had to miss out on tons of festivities with my boyfriend’s family in Chicago, so I made sure to indulge in numerous chocolate chip cookies, homemade soup, snacks and chocolate! I thought I would have better control before the holidays…not so much…had to celebrate my getting better! Hehe.

Looks like a GREAT evening! Love Christmas with friends!! Happy Sunday :)

5. Yacine says

Hi Julie,
    that looks like a fun night and it reminded me that today is actually my “pbfingers anniversary”. Last year, on sunday before Christmas I was invited to a Christmas cookie exchange party and frantically googled last minute recipes for peanutbutter cookies when I stumbled upon your blog! I was immediately hooked and it opened a whole world of fabulous, independant and healthy living women/ bloggers to me!
    I am so glad I found your blog AND your pb cookies were a total hit!
    Enjoy your sunday!

Oh I’m so the same about taking photos! I am taking a photography course in Jan so I’m hoping it will encourage me to take more photos of get-togethers with my friends! I also find if I take a couple at the beginning of the night at least if my camera gets forgotten about later on I will have 1 or 2 photos!

I’m horrible at taking pictures when I’m at parties and get-togethers. When I’m having fun with friends the idea of whipping out my camera falls to the wayside. You do a better job than I do!
    Those green swirl cookies are so cute and festive! Looks like a fun (and delicious) party. :)

8. Chantal says

Thanks for sharing the cookie recipes. I made the snickerdoodle cake cookies and the chocolate crinkle cake cookies to share with my coworkers tomorrow. They both turned out very yummy and I think will be well received.

I actually just keep a camera in my purse that way if I feel like capturing the moment I’ve got my good camera with me. Have a great Sunday!

this is kinda random but ever since you posted about that blue bell christmas cookie ice cream, ive been trying to find it! i live in orlando and cant find it at walmart or publix :( where did you get it? im dying to to try it

10. Katelyn @ Chef Katelyn says

You guys are so cute. Catch Phrase is literally one of the best party games ever. The first shot looks just like your homepage head shot!

Oh my, I just said I wasn’t making anymore cookies and sweets but these treats are to die for. I just can’t say no.

Glad you had such a wonderful time with friends. That’s what the holidays are for. Have a wonderful week and Merry Christmas.

Just want to say your article is as amazing. The clarity in your post is simply nice and i can assume you are an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.