Arriving on Amelia Island

After a sweaty workout with my sister, Leslie, (we did my favorite jump rope circuit workout), we ate a quick breakfast and hit the road for Amelia Island with Ryan to celebrate the wedding of our friends, Will and Alex.

amelia island 002

amelia island omni resort 015-1

Will and Alex are getting married tomorrow and planned a whole weekend of wedding activities, beginning with a barbeque for family and friends today at noon.

amelia island omni resort 010-1

amelia island omni resort 009-1

When we arrived, we immediately loaded up on food!

I had a hot dog, potato salad and a ton of potato chips. I was feelin’ the salty food today!

amelia island omni resort 008-1

I also had a vanilla cupcake and half of a chocolate cupcake that I split with Ryan.

amelia island omni resort 013-1

The barbeque was a lot of fun and it was great to be reunited with friends from college that we haven’t seen in a long time!

One of my best friends, Merri, is in town for the wedding from New York with her boyfriend Pete.

amelia island omni resort 014-1

So good to see these two! Ryan and I miss living right down the street from them so much.

Tonight’s wedding activities include a group dinner followed by a beach bonfire with s’mores. I can’t wait!

Comments

1. Sarah says

Amelia Island is a great place for a wedding! We went to one last year at Sandbar restaurant, and it was picture perfect. Exactly what a beach wedding should be!

Ameila Island is so beautiful! My parents looked into retiring there.. decided on west coast though.
    I love the beach bonfire idea, so fun! Hope you have a great time!

I feel like every time I read about weddings, a new idea comes up that I wish I would have done too! What a great way to catch up with all your wedding guests before the craziness of the actual wedding takes place. Have fun at the dinner and bonfire!

I love your outfit. I’d love to know where you got it from.
    The idea to have a barbecue/bonfire the day before the wedding is so fun! I’m going to have to remember that. (btw – I’ve never seen someone put lettuce on a hot dog haha – for some reason that stuck out to me)

5. Annie says

um, my world just got significantly smaller! someone i worked with at a restaurant a few summers ago is ALSO at that same wedding. she posted a picture on fb almost identical to the first one you shared in this post! what a coincidence!

I drop a comment each time I especially enjoy a post on a website or I
    have something to add to the discussion. It’s caused by the fire communicated in the post I browsed. And after this post Arriving on Amelia Island | Peanut Butter Fingers. I was actually moved enough to drop a thought ;-) I do have a couple of questions for you if it’s allright.

Is it just me or does it give the impression like some of these responses appear like coming from
    brain dead people? :-P And, if you are writing on other social sites, I would like to keep up with you.
    Would you list the complete urls of all your social pages like your Facebook
    page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

Does your website have a contact page? I’m having trouble locating it but, I’d like to shoot you
    an email. I’ve got some recommendations for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.