An Evening with the Cast of Modern Family

How’s this for a clean-out-the-fridge lunch?

healthy nachos

Nachos!

I topped a plate of tortilla chips with shredded cheese, and microwaved it for about 45 seconds before topping the cheesy chips with chicken and leftover black bean and corn salsa that I made on Sunday.

nachos cheese salsa chicken

I need to recreate this lunch again soon.

nachos cheese salsa chicken

Homemade salsa is always fantastic, but when it’s packed with corn and black beans, I fall even more in love!

An Evening with the Cast of Modern Family

Last night I got a text from my mom asking whether or not Ryan and I were interested in attending this:

modern family

Don’t miss an evening with Claire, Phil, Cameron and Mitchell from ABC-TV’s Emmy® Award-winning Modern Family appearing at Ruth Eckerd Hall.
In this only Florida appearance, Julie Bowen (Claire), Ty Burrell (Phil), Emmy® winner Eric Stonestreet (Cameron) and Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Mitchell) will share hilarious behind-the-scene stories as well as answer questions from the audience.

Since Ryan and I are heading to St. Pete right after I publish this post today (my parents are watching Sadie while we’re on our cruise), my mom thought we might be interested in joining my family at this show tonight!

Yes, yes, yes!

Ryan and I jumped on the Modern Family bandwagon earlier this year after borrowing the first season on DVD from my sister and laughing hysterically at nearly every episode.

Now we’ve seen every last episode of the show and are big-time fans. I cannot wait to see this tonight!

Question of the Afternoon

• Do you watch Modern Family?
  • Who is your favorite character?

I love the show and though I started out adoring Cameron (still do), over the course of the past three seasons, I’ve found myself loving Phil more and more.

Comments

JEALOUS!!! Modern family is my favourite! I would love to go to that. I heart Cam, he is just the best ever. I wish I could be friends with him in real life…yes, that was lame.

2. Nicole says

That’s SO fun!!! I wish I lived in Florida I would 100% be down for that… I loved Cam too but Phil definately started to win me over in the past season as well as Manny, he’s hilarious. enjoy :) )

I can’t wait to hear how your evening with Modern Family goes! I LOOOOOVE that show!
    My favorite character is Claire, because, as my husband loves to point out, our personalities are very similar. Funny thing is that my husband is very close to Phil personality wise. No wonder we’re a perfect fit!

4. Chrissy says

Super jelly! I love MF, but I think my favorite changes every week (or ever 20 seconds, depending upon the episode). Luke has the most hilarious one-liners and you never have any idea what is going to pop out of his mouth. Gloria cracks me up in the episode with their dog who jumps into the pool when she starts yelling “Stella! Sttteeeeeeeeeeelllllla!” I cannot get enough of the show!

5. Rose says

No fair! I am so jealous!

I would have say Cameron is my favorite character because he is so dramatic. He just cracks me up.

Have fun tonight!

6. Irene says

You are so lucky! I love Modern family! Cam is my favorite. I always say he is what sound like in my head – the uncensored version of me! Guess I love some DRAAAAMMAAA!

7. Kelly says

I love Modern Family! It’s literally my favourite show ever! I am also in love with Phil. Can’t wait to hear what he’s like in real life!!

My boyfriend and I crack up every episode of Modern Family. Phil and Luke are probably my faves. I also enjoy Gloria. Ok, I guess I can’t pick a favorite. I’m looking forward to hearing about your evening with the cast. Enjoy!

9. Jennifer says

how do you make your corn and black bean salsa? i’ve been looking for a nice and simple recipe and having a hard time finding one!

We love Modern Family too, Phil Dunphy fans in this house :) My friends just got to meet him because the show was shooting an episode a few doors down from where they live in LA, they said he was really nice in person :) Hope you have fun!!

11. Sarah Elizabeth says

Ah, I’m so jealous you get to see the cast of Modern Family! I love that show. You have to fill us in!! =)

12. Naomi says

Thanks to you, I started watching modern family and got sooo addicted to it :) It’s really funny. Each character has his/her own way of being so funny and crazy at the same time!

That’s awesome – I’m sure you’ll have so much fun! I’m watching Modern Family right now, actually – even though it’s a rerun! Easily one of the best shows on TV. I love all of the characters, really, and Luke particularly cracks me up.

14. Adrianna says

gah, so jealous! absolute best show on tv IMO. every week I have a new fave character…each show highlights how hilarious they all are. have a great time!

15. *Andrea* says

That’s sooo cool!!!!

I was hesitant about the show (thought it would be too “peachy keen”) but sister told me I would really like, so I finally watched a couple episodes and fell in love!! it’s so witty and clever.

That’s so awesome that you’ll get to go to that!

I wonder if you’ll watch the show any differently once you see how the actors are in real life? I’m so affected by things like that, so I’m always scared to see how their real personalities compare to those in the show.

I used to be obsessed with the show “Bones”, until I found out David Boreanaz had affairs while he was married. Kind of made the whole madly in love faithful man thing hard to buy.

Has that ever happened to you before? Hope I’m not the only one!

Anyhow – enjoy! It should be awesome!
    Dinner looks yum, too :)

-Gabriele

We LOVE Modern Family too! Thought about going to this, but ended up passing on it. Mitch and Cam are our favorite characters, but the whole cast is great!