An Evening with the Cast of Modern Family

How’s this for a clean-out-the-fridge lunch?

healthy nachos

Nachos!

I topped a plate of tortilla chips with shredded cheese, and microwaved it for about 45 seconds before topping the cheesy chips with chicken and leftover black bean and corn salsa that I made on Sunday.

nachos cheese salsa chicken

I need to recreate this lunch again soon.

nachos cheese salsa chicken

Homemade salsa is always fantastic, but when it’s packed with corn and black beans, I fall even more in love!

An Evening with the Cast of Modern Family

Last night I got a text from my mom asking whether or not Ryan and I were interested in attending this:

modern family

Don’t miss an evening with Claire, Phil, Cameron and Mitchell from ABC-TV’s Emmy® Award-winning Modern Family appearing at Ruth Eckerd Hall.
In this only Florida appearance, Julie Bowen (Claire), Ty Burrell (Phil), Emmy® winner Eric Stonestreet (Cameron) and Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Mitchell) will share hilarious behind-the-scene stories as well as answer questions from the audience.

Since Ryan and I are heading to St. Pete right after I publish this post today (my parents are watching Sadie while we’re on our cruise), my mom thought we might be interested in joining my family at this show tonight!

Yes, yes, yes!

Ryan and I jumped on the Modern Family bandwagon earlier this year after borrowing the first season on DVD from my sister and laughing hysterically at nearly every episode.

Now we’ve seen every last episode of the show and are big-time fans. I cannot wait to see this tonight!

Question of the Afternoon

• Do you watch Modern Family?
  • Who is your favorite character?

I love the show and though I started out adoring Cameron (still do), over the course of the past three seasons, I’ve found myself loving Phil more and more.

Comments

• mel says

OMG when Cam turns into Fitsbo….I almost wet my pants! haha. He is so freaking funny! I love all of the characters, but I think I relate most to Clare!

My husband and I LOVE Modern Family. How can you not? Cameron is defintely a favorite but I think Manny steals many episodes. The other night a heavier set Phillippino boy was standing in front of us at Sweet Tomatoes in an all-white tux (apparently it was his first Communion). So, adorable already, until he started greeting his friends and said with enthusiasm, “Good evening Matthew. Thank you for coming to my party.” And I about died. It was perfect Manny!!

ps-We went camping in the Ocala National Forest last weekend and left just before the monsoon! I was a nerd and announced to the group “Julie lives here,” like it’s in Frommer’s or something. Hahaha, just FYI :)

2. Cait says

NO WAY! I’m seriously super jealous Julie! I LOVe that show and would give anything to see them :) have a fabulous time! can’t wait to hear all about it!

3. Krystina says

My boyfriend and I love Modern Family as well! We borrowed the first season from his sister last year and were hooked. We both have agreed that we haven’t LOL’d during a show this much since Seinfeld. I love Cameron…his mannerisms kill me!

oh my gosh! That’s awesome. My husband and I love the show, we just started watching this year as well. Cameron is my favorite because he is so dramatic and over the top. LOVE! But we are Phil & Claire! Hilarious !!

5. Lauren says

SOOO jealous that you get to see them in person! This is my hubby and my favorite show. So hilarious. My favorite is Phil. His comedic timing is so perfect, and he always says the wrong thing at the wrong time. But Cam is hysterical too! Love them all.

6. Katie says

I love Modern Family and I must say that I love all of the characters but Cam is probably my favorite. I love how he’s dramatic but so masculine at the same time-plus his rants are priceless “Meryl Streep could play Batman and be the right choice!” My friends and family and I have a blast watching and quoting the show.

How fun! I never really got into Modern Family but I’ve heard it’s good! I’m currently addicted to the show Parenthood! We watched an episode in my Sociology Marriage & Intimacy class, and I was instantly hooked. My fiance loves it too!

8. Kaelin says

Oh have fun!!! I am sure it will be hysterical!

I see so much of myself in Claire, but Phil just cracks me up. Really the whole cast makes the show what it is, so I love them all!

My husband and I both love Modern Family! Every single episode makes me laugh. Phil is hilarious, I also think Cam is a very funny guy.
    Sounds like you will have a great night.

Wow! I’m so jealous! Make sure to let us know all about it. I thiiiiiink my favorite character is Phil, but it’s a real toss up between him and Manny.

I’m so jealous! I love all the characters, but especially Gloria! I also adore Phil, which is great because people tell me that my husband reminds them of Phil! Hahaha…

12. Haley B says

Aww I want to go! haha. Cam, Manny, and Gloria are my favorites. A few weeks ago there was that one clip they showed of Manny cheerleading. O. M. G. I died laughing. I love this show!

13. Lisa says

So. Freaking. Jealous!!! How fun! Thanks to Phil and Claire’s date to the movies last season we can’t go to a movie without doing the whole “I’ve got some Twix up my sleeve” exchange! Hilarious! Have a great time. Can’t wait to hear about it!

14. Jenny says

I love MF and it is permanently in my top 5 favorite sitcoms list :) I love the interactions between Phil and Luke–their facial expressions get me every time. I think my favorite character though is probably Manny. Have fun tonight! I’m trying really hard not to be jealous.

How lucky!!!! I absolutely love Modern Family :) You are so going to love seeing them in person…I mean how could you not? Try to get an autograph, or at least a picture!

They were in Dallas LAST NIGHT and we totally didn’t go!! My husband flat out told me that he strives for our marriage to emulate Clair and Phil Dunphy’s. Oh, and he wants to have a kid like Luke around for the humor factor.

If I had a dollar for everytime he referred to himself as Clive Bixby….

LOVE Modern Family. Phil and Gloria are my favorites. Last night my fiance asked who my fave character was on New Girl, and I literally could not decide. I love them all!

18. Anne says

So jealous! I think my favorite character changes. Sometimes I think “CAM IS THE BEST!” and then Gloria does something hysterical, then Luke with his idiot savante antics. Oh it’s just so funny!

19. Heather says

Incredibly jealous, I love that show – ever since “WTF… Why The Face?” in the pilot episode, lol.

Is this a one time event? I wonder if they’ll be doing these around the country…

20. Katie says

Oh my gosh, Phil just cracks me up!! He is so incredibly sexy, too! 😉 I also think Gloria is hysterical (as are all of the characters, but those two are my faves).

21. Angela @ Health, Happiness & Harmony says

Jealous of your lunch! An avocado on top and it’d be my heaven. :)

OMG!! SO COOL Julie! I saw someone post about this last night, I guess they were in Dallas. I would die to go to that show! I watched Jesse Tyler Ferguson yesterday on Ellen, Modern Family makes me life complete!

JEALOUS!!! Modern family is my favourite! I would love to go to that. I heart Cam, he is just the best ever. I wish I could be friends with him in real life…yes, that was lame.

24. Nicole says

That’s SO fun!!! I wish I lived in Florida I would 100% be down for that… I loved Cam too but Phil definately started to win me over in the past season as well as Manny, he’s hilarious. enjoy :))

I can’t wait to hear how your evening with Modern Family goes! I LOOOOOVE that show!
    My favorite character is Claire, because, as my husband loves to point out, our personalities are very similar. Funny thing is that my husband is very close to Phil personality wise. No wonder we’re a perfect fit!

26. Chrissy says

Super jelly! I love MF, but I think my favorite changes every week (or ever 20 seconds, depending upon the episode). Luke has the most hilarious one-liners and you never have any idea what is going to pop out of his mouth. Gloria cracks me up in the episode with their dog who jumps into the pool when she starts yelling “Stella! Sttteeeeeeeeeeelllllla!” I cannot get enough of the show!

27. Rose says

No fair! I am so jealous!

I would have say Cameron is my favorite character because he is so dramatic. He just cracks me up.

Have fun tonight!

28. Irene says

You are so lucky! I love Modern family! Cam is my favorite. I always say he is what sound like in my head – the uncensored version of me! Guess I love some DRAAAAMMAAA!

29. Kelly says

I love Modern Family! It’s literally my favourite show ever! I am also in love with Phil. Can’t wait to hear what he’s like in real life!!

My boyfriend and I crack up every episode of Modern Family. Phil and Luke are probably my faves. I also enjoy Gloria. Ok, I guess I can’t pick a favorite. I’m looking forward to hearing about your evening with the cast. Enjoy!

31. Jennifer says

how do you make your corn and black bean salsa? i’ve been looking for a nice and simple recipe and having a hard time finding one!

We love Modern Family too, Phil Dunphy fans in this house :) My friends just got to meet him because the show was shooting an episode a few doors down from where they live in LA, they said he was really nice in person :) Hope you have fun!!

33. Sarah Elizabeth says

Ah, I’m so jealous you get to see the cast of Modern Family! I love that show. You have to fill us in!! =)

34. Naomi says

Thanks to you, I started watching modern family and got sooo addicted to it :) It’s really funny. Each character has his/her own way of being so funny and crazy at the same time!

That’s awesome – I’m sure you’ll have so much fun! I’m watching Modern Family right now, actually – even though it’s a rerun! Easily one of the best shows on TV. I love all of the characters, really, and Luke particularly cracks me up.

36. Adrianna says

gah, so jealous! absolute best show on tv IMO. every week I have a new fave character…each show highlights how hilarious they all are. have a great time!

37. *Andrea* says

That’s sooo cool!!!!

I was hesitant about the show (thought it would be too “peachy keen”) but sister told me I would really like, so I finally watched a couple episodes and fell in love!! it’s so witty and clever.

That’s so awesome that you’ll get to go to that!

I wonder if you’ll watch the show any differently once you see how the actors are in real life? I’m so affected by things like that, so I’m always scared to see how their real personalities compare to those in the show.

I used to be obsessed with the show “Bones”, until I found out David Boreanaz had affairs while he was married. Kind of made the whole madly in love faithful man thing hard to buy.

Has that ever happened to you before? Hope I’m not the only one!

Anyhow – enjoy! It should be awesome!
    Dinner looks yum, too :)

-Gabriele

We LOVE Modern Family too! Thought about going to this, but ended up passing on it. Mitch and Cam are our favorite characters, but the whole cast is great!