One unexpected work-related perk of the day was just how easy it was to file my annual report with the state of Florida.
I had to fill out paperwork earlier this month to reflect some changes to the PBF business and was concerned that it would make filing my annual report complicated, but that wasn’t the case at all. Woo!
It took me less than 10 minutes and I allotted a good hour to do it all today since I figured I’d be making a lot of phone calls to explain some of the changes. Not so!
Lunch today was nice and easy thanks to dinner leftovers from last night.
I made a beef and vegetable bowl that reminded me a lot of sloppy joes!
Sloppy Joe Beef and Veggie Bowl
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Sautee onion and green pepper on medium heat in a pan sprayed with cooking spray or lightly drizzled with olive oil until onion begins to become translucent
- Add broccoli to the onion and pepper and cook for approximately two minutes
- Add ground beef, stirring to break up the meat
- Brown the beef for about five minutes before draining the fat and returning the pan to the stovetop
- Add ketchup and vinegar, stirring to coat beef and vegetables
- Add more ketchup and vinegar to taste if desired and serve
Ryan and I both really enjoyed this dish and it tasted great as leftovers, too!
Call for Volunteer Experiences
One of my goals for the new year was to actively volunteer in my new community. I’ve been involved with planning the Taste of Ocala, but the event is happening on Saturday night and I am now on the lookout for different ways to get involved.
It seems like many of you out there also have a big interest in volunteering and I thought it might be fun to showcase a few organizations that you guys regularly volunteer with in a big roundup post of awesome organizations with volunteer opportunities.
I’m not sure if I’m biting off more than I can chew with this one, but if you’re involved with an organization that means a lot to you and would like to share your experience with me and PBF readers, please email me at email@example.com with a little paragraph about your involvement and the organization and I’ll get back to you with more details. (I would have you just send me a whole blog post with pictures, but I don’t want you to pour time and effort into something that I may not use just in case I receive emails from five people about the same organization and can only use one.)
I would love to debut the post(s?) sometime next week!
Also, I unfortunately will not be accepting posts or blurbs about simply fundraising though I know this is incredibly important. I am looking for information about your experiences out and about in the community… volunteering with Meals on Wheels, Girl Scouts, the Humane Society, etc.
Thanks so much for your help and for the time and effort you pour into helping some fantastic organizations!