This Girl Loves Christmas

First things first, your comments on yesterday’s post meant the world to me. You guys brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart. Thank you.

Home for the Holidays

At right around 6 p.m. on Friday evening, Ryan, Sadie and I arrived at my parents’ condo in Jacksonville where we’ll be staying through Christmas.

We’re home for the holidays!

This Girl Loves Christmas Shirt

(I told you I bought those ridiculous shirts!)

We loaded up my car with all of our gifts and duffle bags for the weekend and once I strapped a bright red plush Rudolph nose to the front of my car and affixed reindeer antlers to the two side windows, we were ready to go!

Sadie arrived in Jacksonville in her Christmas finest.

Dog Santa Costume

Just look at her pathetic face. She kills me.

Oh wait! There’s more…

ridiculous vizsla

Sniffing Air

Sadie wanted me to tell you guys that the air in Jacksonville is exceptionally fragrant. It was filled with the most intoxicating fabulous scents that clearly warranted a solid sniff during a family Christmas picture. She’s the best.

Dinner

My grandma arrived in Jacksonville from Gettysburg on Wednesday, so it was great to see her when I walked through the door!

IMG_1324-001

The whole gang is back together again!

Ross and Leslie

My mom’s homemade lasagna was the perfect welcome home dinner. It smelled great and tasted even better!

IMG_1316-001

I had two helpings of lasagna and some salad with a glass of Apothic Red wine (almost gone in the picture!) and loved everything.

IMG_1318-001

After dinner we spent the rest of the evening hanging out in the living room chatting away.

Off to spend some more time with the fam!

IMG_1313-001

Hope you have a wonderful Saturday!

Comments

1. Emily says

Ahh as if you’re wearing a t-shirt outside! We just got about a foot and a half of snow and it’s still coming down (we live in Ottawa).
    Merry Christmas :)

• Blue says

That sounds so nice. I am home also…and it may be for a few months…but things are much less than ideal. It’s basically the middle of nowhere, one grocery store…and living with people that eat spam and salt meat and fried ham out the wazoo. Very very unhealthy place.

AND there’s nothing I can do about it. I hate to be such a downer, but I feel so out of sorts and I’m here now ..for a while :(
      Barely any room in the fridge. And the grocery store doesn’t supply organic or free range anything…so Christmas turkey = a very very unhappy turkey.
      Oh, and no sidewalks and freezing cold…so just a few walks. Zero gym. Zero jogging. Zero yoga.

I really need to soak up your guys experiences. I just feel like my food is “mixed” with theirs and it’s all just mesmerizing. Oh my oh my .
      Anyway, sorry to be a grinchy Claus. Just not feeling glowy right now.

You look beautiful in that photo Julie (as always :) ).

2. Mary says

Have a great Christmas, Julie. It looks like it’s off to a good start. Just checked the weather here and it’s -20 this morning- and you’re out in your Christmas shirts. Enjoy your family.

3. Rebeka says

So the other day I bought a bottle of the Apothic Red because I KNEW I’d heard somewhere that it was awesome, but I couldn’t remember where. After seeing this post I know for sure it was your blog (one of your Thanksgiving posts I think). Yay! I can’t wait to break into it this weekend.

Also, your and Ryan’s shirts are awesome! They look great on you two.

Merry Christmas weekend!

aahhhh those shirts are so fun!!!! I would wear it throughout the year because it’s so cute. And I love that picture of Sadie at the bottom! She looks so cute and creepy with the red eyes, like she’s channeling her inner powers and getting back at you guys for dressing her up, haha just kidding. :)

5. Ivette says

you guys are such a cute family! I really enjoy reading your blog, actually it’s the only blog I consistantly follow. Thanks for the dedication! Merry Christmas!:)

6. Heather says

I LOVE Apothic Red! We were introduced to it a few weeks ago and it has been our go-to wine to bring the host of parties all through the holidays this year. I live in central Canada so it’s neat to see someone so far away enjoying the same thing!

7. Jen Sanchez says

My BFF and I share a deep seeded love for that wine…we text eachother pictures of it when we have a glass or two (I’m in FL she’s in NC). Your post is too cute. Love the holidays and the spirit you have for Christmas ❤.