St. Augustine Mini Golf

From start to finish, this weekend was so much fun! Anytime Ryan and I hang out with my sister, Leslie, and her boyfriend, Ross, we know we’re going to have a blast and this weekend was no different.

Ryan and I left Ocala around 6 p.m. on Friday and arrived at Ross’ with dessert in hand!

St. Patrick's Day Rice Krispie Treats

Rice Krispie treats with festive green sprinkles for a little St. Patrick’s Day flare!

Leslie and Ross took care of dinner and right when we walked through the door, we dug into the fabulous corned beef,  cabbage and potatoes crock pot meal they had waiting for us.

We ended up heading to bed just before midnight and set our alarms because Leslie and I were determined to make it to 7:30 a.m. BodyPump! I am a tad obsessed with BodyPump and miss it terribly since it is not offered anywhere in Ocala, so I was thrilled to take my favorite group exercise class on Saturday morning.

BodyPump

Hooray for a sister workout!

Reebok

BodyPump was just as fabulous as I remembered. I broke into a huge smile during the shoulder track when “Ravers in the UK” by Manian came on because that is my all-time favorite shoulder track in BodyPump history! I added that song to a bunch of my workout playlists because it pumped me up so much after I heard it for the first time during a BodyPump class that I took when we lived in Orlando. It’s rockin’!

St. Augustine

After our workout, breakfast and a quick shower, we headed out with the guys to St. Augustine for a day in the oldest city in the United States.

Castillo de San Marco

We’ve had this day-trip to St. Augustine on our calendar since Christmas when Ross and Leslie planned this day around a fun mini golf Groupon they found.

Before mini golf, we made a quick stop at Burrito Works Taco Shop for lunch.

Burrito Works

Taco Shop St. Augustine

We randomly pulled into the place because it looked like a casual restaurant and we wanted to grab food that we could quickly eat outside in the beautiful sunshine.

Leslie Ross

Ryan Julie

Everything on the menu sounded great and I ended up ordering a shrimp burrito bowl with black beans and rice.

Taco Shop Burrito Bowl

A great selection! It was incredibly fresh and the salsa packed a bit of a punch.

Fiesta Falls Mini Golf

Once we finished our meals, it was time to golf!

We had absolutely perfect mini golf weather and had a blast at Fiesta Falls mini golf.

Fiesta Falls Mini Golf

My mini golf skills mirror my bowling skills (I have none), so the fact that I came in last was less than shocking. But I didn’t get my butt completely kicked, so that’s something, right?

St. Augustine Mini Golf

Following mini golf, we had one more activity on the agenda before dinner and drove to see The Last Reef, a 40-minute IMAX movie.

IMAX

I think IMAX movies are way too cool. (As are the spiffy glasses you get to wear. Oh yes!) If you love learning about marine life, I highly recommend checking out The Last Reef. Very entertaining!

I’ll pop back in soon with a recap of the rest of our weekend.

I hope the rest of your Sunday night is relaxing!

Comments

1. Anonymous says

Hey Julie,

Do you or any readers know of any sites where I can find a pastel green evening gown? I am a bridesmaid for a very fancy wedding in the summer.

Thanks! :)

I’m also terrible at mini golfing but I’m trying to convince my bf to go more often so I can try and improve my game. Bowling I’m very inconsistent I will be great one time and terrible the next :)

That shrimp bowl looked delicious!

I refuse to go mini-golfing because my LEAST favorite part of golf is the putting! I would rather whack my way through a big course with a driver! But I don’t find myself golfing all that often so ya know, all is good :) hah. Shrimp burrito bowl sounds so good, never thought of shrimp in a burrito!

Man I am jealous of your sunshine!!! We had Paddy’s Day parades across the country in rain, hail and even snow today!! Bring your wet gear with you to Ireland…top recommendation and your woolies!

looks like u had really good Sunday.
    I was obsessed about body pump too. It was so good and motivating but I did not have time to go there, because timetable did not fit to my daily routine so I found other options for my fitness routine. But still it is really good.

I haven’t been mini-golfing in ages. My skills are limited, but I do think it’s fun (especially because the last time I went it involved Dairy Queen after).

Julie, hope you don’t think I’m a weirdo, but I am a tad OBSESSED with your hair. I swear you have the PERFECT mix of highlights & lowlights…AND the fact that you don’t even get it dyed….SO jealous…but in a good way of course :) You & Leslie are SO beautiful!!

I am really jealous of that amazing weather that you have. Our mini golf season is about a month away . I must say that I excercised a lot last year, so sometimes I even hit the hole in less than 7 attempts! I was in the Alps and 2 feet of snow is not fun if you do not have ski equipment

Looks like a fun weekend! That IS an awesome shoulder track! Were you still taking BodyPump when the weird “Welcome to Africa” song was used as a shoulder track?! I couldn’t NOT laugh!!! Sometimes the music choices are… interesting.

10. Amanda Bass says

Love Fiesta Falls! My in laws, my husband, and I go there every summer. Makes me more excited for our June trip!

11. L-A says

I also saw The Last Reef in IMAX this weekend- but in Victoria, BC, Canada! What a small world (but not really, we’re a million miles away approximately haha)

You’re just so pretty!
    I haven’t played mini golf in FOREVER! This makes me want to do it again. Hmm..spring break idea for this week, I think SO!
    I’m tempted to recreate that shrimp bowl…looks tasty! What’s really good is the shrimp tacos I had when I was in Pensacola back in September. So tasty!

• says

I agree that the shrimp bowl sounds pretty darn delicious~ And I haven’t minigolfed in forever, Julie! I don’t think I’m that bad with golfing as I used to train when I was younger–but oh man, I’m sooo bad at bowling I get really cranky after I play it! hahaha that’s so bad. 😛

13. Samantha says

So glad you guys had a blastin Saint Augustine. I live in Saint Augustine and I love it! Burrito Works had amazing food –it’s normally a stop on the way home from the beach. I saw you at the 10k this past weekend — you did great!

14. Brittany says

Mini golf is one of my favorite summer activities and I cannot wait for the weather to warm up so I can enjoy it again! Julie, which sneakers are the yellow ones above?! I need to get myself a pair….I’m in love with the neon yellow!

Thanks!

You look like you always have a blast when the four of you get together! It’s so great that you live close enough to do fun little gettaways together!

I live in St. Auggie and love it here! You all had perfect weather to visit this past weekend! We enjoy all the places y’all went and actually bought a groupon for Fiesta Falls recently;) Good job on your 10k! Perfect sister weekend:)