Las Vegas Bachelorette Party: Day 2

Our second day in Las Vegas will go down in history as one of the most fun days of my entire life!

IMG_0057

I had the BEST time and wish I could relive every second of it!

The day began with the sweetest surprise breakfast delivery, courtesy of Pete, Merri’s husband-to-be.

photo (13)

Pete had a platter of fresh fruit, a basket of croissants, champagne and fresh-squeezed orange juice delivered to our room which was so thoughtful. Though it took our group a little while to feel well enough to make mimosas with the champagne and orange juice but, once we had food in our stomachs, it was time to break out the champagne and get the party started again.

Encore Beach Club

Our plans for the day took us to Encore Beach Club where we partied by the pool from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m.

Julie and Leah

1239528_10102330986251712_1386225004_n

IMG_0061

IMG_0058

We made screwdrivers to drink after we arrived and ordered a bunch of food to help fuel us through the day, including quesadillas, wraps, a caesar salad, lots of waffle fries and fruit with yogurt dip.

IMG_0062

IMG_0059

Time absolutely flew by while we were at the Encore Beach Club. The whole reason we decided to party there was because we wanted to see Avicii who ended up being a no-show. You’d think we would’ve been more bummed, but the announcement didn’t come until late in the afternoon and by that time were were all buzzed and having way too much fun to care. I think I was mad for all of 36 seconds. The other DJs did a good job of playing music that kept the all-day party going.

IMG_0064 photo (8)

Big thanks to my good friend Ben for outfitting all of us with colorful Faded Days sunglasses!

photo (9) photo (14) photo (17)

Yes, the For the Love of Pete tank tops we had made for Merri’s bachelorette party may have been hijacked by a bachelor party. I could not stop laughing when I turned around and a group of them were wearing our shirts. Too funny!

IMG_0065

Day drinking is with my best girlfriends took me back to college football games and spring break and we all agreed that our time at the Encore Beach Club was the highlight of our trip. It was a non-stop party and we laughed and danced for hours that felt like minutes.

Once the Acivii Concert That Wasn’t was over, we headed out and took in some gorgeous views of Vegas.

IMG_0070 IMG_0073 IMG_0077

The city really is incredible and there’s so, so much to see!

Dinner on our second night was a lot less fancy than our first night. We ordered room service pizza at the Aria while we tried our best to make ourselves look somewhat presentable for a night out.

Light

After an entire day of drinking and partying, our group of 10 ended up decreasing to a group of four, but four of us made it out and danced at Light, a club located inside Mandalay Bay.

My good friend and fellow blogger Monica also happened to be in Vegas this weekend and we managed to have a fabulous reunion at 1 a.m. (I think I may have tackled her.)

runeatrepeat

Monica is a blast and a half and she and her two friends danced with us until it was time to go.

Sunday was spent in bed until we had to leave for the airport and fly home. I left Vegas feeling like the city kicked my butt in the best possible way. Merri’s bachelorette party will go down in history as one of the most fun trips I’ve ever taken. I’m so grateful for my girlfriends and I love them so much. Since we all live all over the place, we aren’t able to get everyone together very often and this trip was so special to me.

Now the countdown to Merri and Pete’s wedding day is on! October 26 can’t get here soon enough!

Comments

1. Jess @ run4vino.wordpress.com says

That looks like so much fun! My wedding is also on October 26th and my bachelorette party was last weekend in Chicago. All my girlfriends came who live across the country and it’s so wonderful to have everyone in one place to celebrate. Gotta say, I’m still not recovered :)

I’m glad you had so much fun! I’ve had a Vegas trip in my sights for a while now but this post just made me want to actually start planning something. I’m way impressed by your stamina, BTW – no way would I have made it out at night after partying all day!

Oh my goodness, I love everything about this. This made me want to go to Vegas IMMEDIATELY! I doubly love Vegas because my best friend moved there about two years ago and every time I visit her I always have a blast (and leave feeling like I was hit by a truck). Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Ok, so I want to go back to Vegas RIGHT NOW!!!!! These photos and your recaps are making long for the lights, shops, hotels, etc. I’ve only been with the husband–never with girlfriends–so I’m not sure if I have the stamina for all that partying. Looks like you girls had a blast, though!

Ahhh that seems like the most fun bachelorette party in the history of the whole world! I miss the college days of day drinking with my girlfriends, so I’m glad you got to relive it :)

6. Kaylee says

I work at a shop right across from the Aria. I’m a long time reader and would have loved to have met you! Glad you had such a fun time! Maybe we can meet up for froyo or something on your next trip out here :)

So much fun! We did my friend’s bachelorette party in Vegas a couple years ago: unforgettable! I love love love Encore. We were there for the nighttime festivities, instead. You really can’t go wrong with a weekend in Sin City, that’s for sure :)

8. Bethany says

I did Vegas for my Bachelorette party in May. the BEST part of the trip was when we went to Tao beach and had a non stop party at the pool! It was awesome!

Looks like you had so much fun! Love the picture of you and Monica! Haha! :)
    My fiance is hoping to have his stag-do in Vegas. It’s all the lads have been chanting every time they see him since we got engaged. ‘Vegas! Vegas! Vegas!’

10. Kristin says

This was one of the most fun posts to read!!! You look like such a fun person! I wish I lived in Ocala, not Sarasota so we could hang out!
    Love your blog (and your hair!!!) lol!

where did you order and design those shirts from? i’m planning my sorority sister’s bachalorette party in Vegas and would LOVE to make her bachalorette party shirts!

12. Rochelle says

i did my sister-in-laws (well then she was the soon to be SIL then) bach in vegas in march, we did a pool party and it was SO MUCH FUN. I was one of the girls who didn’t make it to dinner, however i did wake up at 1AM ready to continue the party, so out i went. Got to love that you can totally do that in vegas.