Impulse Buys at Ulta

Today I had a chance to take my favorite boot camp class at my gym. I worked through the morning and was happy to have an hour reprieve to take the fast-paced class. It has been a while since I’ve taken it and it felt good to be back!

The instructor incorporated ropes and burpees into the class which challenged me and before I knew it my workout for the day was done!

I worked through the rest of the morning before heading home for lunch.

Lunch

Lunch today was leftover whole wheat spaghetti!

spaghetti and turkey meatballs

I wasn’t sure how the pasta would taste since the noodles were leftover from a dinner last week, but they were still delicious. I topped them with marinara sauce and turkey meatballs and wished I would’ve had spinach to add to the mix. Next time!

Afternoon Errands

After lunch it was time to head out to run some errands. I’ve needed new conditioner and mascara for a while now, so I popped into Ulta to buy my two favorites.

Marc Anthony Conditioner

I’ve mentioned this on the blog before, but Marc Anthony is the only thickening shampoo and conditioner that I’ve used that actually makes a difference in my hair. Love it!

While I was there, I also picked up a couple of impulse purchases. I wanted a deep conditioning mask to use on my hair since I recently ran out of my L’Oreal deep conditioning mask and I got totally suckered in by the big bold words on this mask:

for hair that never grows past a certain length

Why yes, I do have hair that never grows past a certain length! Help me! I’ll be sure to report back if this treatment actually makes a difference.

I also nabbed three new bottles of nail polish in my attempt to buy nail polish that isn’t just another shade of pink. (They were buy two, get one free!) I think the metallic colors will be fun for the fall and winter months and I may even use the gold on my nails for Merri and Pete’s wedding this weekend. Julie wearing nail polish that isn’t bubble gum pink!? Oh things are about to get crazy around here!

After my time at Ulta, I swung by Old Navy to see if they might have the pullover I love in another color. I adore the gray pullover I got last year and am hoping they’ll offer it again in another color this year, but no luck so far. I thought this lightweight striped hoodie was really cute and would look adorable with red TOMS for a lazy Sunday outfit, but they didn’t have it in my size.

old navy striped sweatshirt

It had great reviews online, so I ended up ordering it along with a $14 chambray top from their “tall” collection that I am hoping will be long enough to wear with black leggings (and riding boots)!

Now I am blogging from a coffee shop before it’s time for me to redeem a Groupon for a pedicure so my feet look pretty for Merri’s wedding. It has been a while since I’ve had a pedicure and I’m psyched.

I hope you’re having a lovely Wednesday!

Question of the Afternoon

• What is your go-to nail polish color?

Comments

1. jan klein says

I’ve been wearing OPI Funny Bunny, but I was at Ulta the other day & got a really pretty metallic chocolate brown. Perfect for fall.

I’ve become a huge fan of metallic nail polish recently! I also tried a gray nail polish on my toes and found it to be surprisingly fun. I usually stick with my basic light pink nail polishes, but it’s nice to branch out every once in awhile. =)

I love that sweater, I might have to steal your idea and go purchase it! Hope you don’t mind ;)

My go to nail color is a deep red color. I have slightly darken skin so I can (luckily) do it any time of the year. And it makes me feel classy :)

4. Megan says

I actually rarely wear pink, unless it’s a coral or pastel peach during spring. Favorite color is turquoise or shiny taupe on the nails. I love metallics too.

I’ve always been a pink nail person too, until this summer when I started receiving cool, funky colors in my Birch Box subscription. I wore a minty-neon green on my toes almost all summer and got SO many compliments on it, even from my 60-year-old male colleagues. Though come to think of it, they might have just found it weird but thought they had to say something after staring at my toes. Either way, I’ll take it!

I actually rarely wear pink! My go-to colors are a gun metal grey and a metallic silver. I’m pretty boring though, I usually just alternate between the two. I need to get out of my rut!

I’m with you on pink! Pink is my favourite colour (as I type this wearing a pink polka dot robe and pink fleece pajama pants…), but right now my go to nail colour is NUDE! it’s called 140 Quick Sand by Sally Hansen insta-dry. It has the perfect amount of subtle shimmer and elongates the nail. Since I am growing my nails out, it is perfect and doesn’t make them look too stubbly!

8. janet says

all hair is programmed (one could say) to only grow to a certain length…

My go-to colour is Mademoiselle from Essie (barely any colour to it) and I use it as my base coat … my current fave colour is For the Twill of It by Essie … an iridescent colour that depending on angle looks green, purple or grey.

I found this amazing color that is the perfect blend of blue and dark purple, on sale, wait for it, for $1.29 at sears on clearance!! Revlon “urban”. Prb discontinued, so now I am hoarding it!

10. Amanda says

Ulta gets me every time!! I go in there for one or two things and always end up spending +$20. I can spend an hour in there just looking at everything. Ha. My favorite fall color right now is OPI you don’t know Jacques. One of my favorites is OPI Bare my soul
    Btw Sarasota is one of my favorite places. My mom and grandparents live there.