CrossFit Rebels WOD

Good morning! Today I’m sending a very happy birthday wish to my beautiful and incredibly thoughtful friend Leah!

photo 1 (1)

My morning workout actually came from Leah who texted me the WOD (workout of the day) that she did at her CrossFit box, CrossFit Rebels, on Monday. She had a feeling I would like it and assured me that it would kick my butt. And she was right!

After a 10 minute warm up, I completed the following workout:

CrossFit Rebels WOD Workout

Links to video demos of some of the exercises:

I used a 40 pound bar for everything and finished in just under 30 minutes. Thank you to Leah for kicking my butt from miles and miles away!

Once Ryan and I made it home from the gym, I fixed myself a quick breakfast.

Another egg white and oatmeal protein pancake (with a handful of slivered almonds added to the mix)!

egg white oatmeal protein pancake

Plus two small tangerines! The citrus in Florida is at its peak right now and I’m loving it.

I also made myself a hot mug of coffee with a splash of eggnog.

coffee with eggnog

Time to head back to the gym to teach. I’ll see ya after lunch! Have a great Thursday!

Comments

1. Lori says

OMG! I made myself Eggnog (is that one word?) overnight oats and splashed a sprinkle of cinnamon on top and mixed it in…they were SOOOOO GOOD! Thanks for the ideas :)

Oh nice workout! I just used a bar for the first time in a new class and really liked the extra kick it gave. My muscles weren’t used to actually being used ha.

That workout looks awesome! I’ll definitely have to give it a shot.
    I have a Crossfit question though, and really in no way do I mean to sound condescending… but what exactly makes a workout a “Crossfit” style workout? I always thought it was circuits of “Crossfit style” exercises done hard and fast with no rest, but it looks like I’m wrong if this workout gives you 45 secs of rest between each one? Now I’m just plain curious!

• says

The 45 seconds come at the end of each round… not between each exercise. So you’re doing all of the exercises fast (but taking care not to sacrifice form!), but then you have a rest at the end before you go through all of them again. I’m sorry if that wasn’t clear! I just said it was a CrossFit style workout because it was the exact workout the CrossFit instructors had everyone do at my friend Leah’s box on Monday. :)

4. Amber Scheierl says

All of this talk about eggnog puts me in the mood for a holiday drink! I might have to make some hot chocolate with butterscotch schnopps this weekend!

5. Merri says

Geeeez 40lbs!! You a beast! I think I could do 10lbs…maybe! Cant believe I get to see you in one week!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! BIG HUGS!!!

You really are a beast, in the BEST POSSIBLE WAY :) I tend to keep to body weight exercises for strength training — but this is motivation for me to push myself!

7. Casey says

I did this with a 30 lb bar and just about wanted to die until I hit the round with 4 reps… now I feel awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

8. Erin G. @ Treats and Sneaks says

Agreed on the Florida citrus! My sister and I were just in Florida visiting our parents for Thanksgiving and brought some back to North Carolina :)