Veggie-Packed Sandwich

Good afternoon!

How is your Monday going? I am having a little trouble getting into the swing of things today, but sometimes Mondays are like that, right?

I took today off from the gym after yesterday’s marathon relay and my alarm went off at 6:30 a.m. Time to blog before work!

I typed up this morning’s blog post before working through the morning. Eventually I headed home for a brief lunch break with Sadie.

Lunch

Lunch today was delicious thanks to avocado. I made myself a veggie-packed sandwich.

Ezekiel Veggie Sandwich

Cheese + Hummus + Spinach + Sprouts on one slice of Ezekiel toast

DSC_0573

Stone ground Dijon mustard + Tomato + Avocado on the other

Plus an apple on the side for some sweetness!

I don’t know why, but for some reason, placing sprouts on my sandwich makes me feel all fancy. I think it’s because it’s something I see restaurants or little cafés do to their sandwiches and I’m not sure why I don’t buy them more often. I think they jazz up a boring sandwich a little bit!

I’ve also been making a bigger effort to drink lots of water today.

nalgene

I don’t think I drank nearly enough after yesterday’s race and I’m trying to go through three 32-ounce bottles of water today. So far, so good!

Back to work!

Comments

1. Renee @ Bendiful Blog says

That Sandwich looks delicious. I always tell my classes if there is one thing you can do for your body outside of the gym it’s HYDRATE!

Nice! It sounds like time out of the gym was well deserved today, Julie! And I neeeeeeed my veggies for lunch errrrrrday or else I don’t feel….satisfied. Yep, the fiber and scrumptious crunch from the veggies really makes my lunch! If you love to include them then I highly suggest you try sauteed or stir fry veggies! I just use sesame oil, little soy sauce, garlic, purple cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes, and voila! It’s such a hearty and healthy combo. Sometimes I add a little cheese and ham or egg even though it sounds funky. :P

I get the sprouts thing! When I buy them they make me so happy, but for some reason I always forget to buy them! Thanks for reminding me I need them in my life again!

4. Amelia says

That is one incredible looking sandwich. I love eating all of my sandwiches open face. So much more to savor, especially when avocado is involved.

Mmmmm, your sandwich looks lovely! I love sandwiches – they belong in a food group all by themselves :-) I drink 3 of those water bottles a day and I am so glad I do! Staying hydrated is so key!

OMG I love sprouts on sandwiches!!!! I haven’t tried Ezekiel toast yet…. I think I need to though, I have heard it’s super healthy! Way to go drinking lots of water! I drink at least 3 big nalgene water bottles every day! If I don’t drink at least 3 a day I feel dehydrated and get headaches very easily.

ALSO!!! I just started a home care nursing job and my patient has TWO Vizslas! I immediately thought of you and sadie when I say their dogs. They even have a cute sign that says A Spoiled Rotten Vizsla Lives Here! So cute. They really are great dogs.

I always ask for extra sprouts when I order this sandwich our our local bagel shop!! Sprouts are my favorite! I’m going to have to try that sandwich out – I feel like I never see sprouts in the store when I do my grocery shopping, so I’ve never bought them for myself!

So I’m in the same boat as you as far as water today. I ran 10 yesterday for a training run, then went out with my sister and had way, way too many mimosas. Today I woke up feeling so dehydrated, so I am desperately trying to replace all that fluid that I (very stupidly) lost :)

I’m not a fan of sprouts, don’t know why… I even ask them to leave them off my pad thai! Also, definitely trying to up my water intake, I’ve been negligent recently

10. Lori says

When I was living in San Francisco there was this place in the Ferry Building called Frog Hollow Farm. They take a warm piece of fancy delicious bread, toast, drizzle it with their own pressed olive oil and top it the fresh avocado and black cracked pepper. TO DIE FOR!! So I remake it at home and I love it. NICE BREAKFAST SWITCH UP :D

11. Katie says

Hi! I recently found your blog and have been really enjoying it! I wondered if you have ever thought about using bigger font? I find it really hard to read your site on my phone. If I zoom in enough to be able to read the text, then the page is so wide that I have to scroll back and forth as I read each line. Just some food for thought!