We’re Moving!!!

I have some exciting news to share with you guys today!

Ryan, Sadie and I are packing up our things and leaving Florida. Yep, we’re moving!

We're Moving

Where are we going?

If you can think back to a place we visited a couple of weeks ago, you might have an idea.

We’re moving to…

Charlotte North Carolina Charlotte, North Carolina!

I am absolutely thrilled!!!

A few weeks ago, I briefly blogged about a last-minute weekend trip Ryan and I took to Charlotte. I blamed the trip on a “surprise party” for one of Ryan’s friends which was basically a big fat lie. (I feel really bad about that so please forgive me! I just needed everything to be a secret for a little while.)

We actually drove to Charlotte because Ryan had an interview on Monday morning with a new company. We spent Saturday evening and all day Sunday exploring Charlotte, hoping to get a feel for the city just in case Ryan’s interview turned into a job offer.

Freedom Park Charlotte

We already knew we loved North Carolina. If you’ve been a PBF reader for a while now, you may remember me saying North Carolina is a place Ryan and I have always wanted to live. When Ryan’s interview turned into a job offer that very same day, we spent nearly all of the drive back to Florida weighing the pros and cons of a move.

The major con in our eyes was living far away from family. Ryan and I have both never lived more than 2.5 hours from our families, and though it will be a bit of a hike, we’ll still be within driving distance of family (6 hours from mine, 9.5 hours from Ryan’s).

The pros of moving were plentiful and Ryan accepted the offer from his new company the day after his final interview. From the research we’ve done and what we saw during our visit, I think we’re going to love calling Charlotte our new home.

Ocala to Charlotte

What I’m looking forward to most:

• Seasons: Though I know I’ll probably miss Florida winters soon enough, I’m beyond ready to experience seasons again. I miss actually having a fall and a spring! And Sadie has never seen snow!
  • Access to lots of different fitness classes: I’ve really missed living in an active community with a bunch of different fitness options. I can’t wait explore local barre, yoga, Jazzercise and boot camp classes! And they have BODYPUMP in Charlotte. Hallelujah!
  • Living in a walkable community: I know that the walkability of Charlotte will depend a lot on where we decide to live, but the areas of Charlotte that really appeal to us at the moment seem very walkable. And oh my gosh, I’ve never seen so many trees along the streets! I know this is a goofy thing to get excited about, but it was so green and gorgeous in the neighborhoods we explored.
  • Dining at local restaurants: Ocala has a few local restaurants we adore, but chain restaurants are definitely in the majority. I see lots of fun date nights in our future as Ryan and I check out the local dining scene. (I’ve heard great things about Luna’s Living Kitchen.)
  • Living (somewhat) close to the mountains: Yes, we’ll still need to drive a few hours to get to the mountains, but a 2.5 hour car ride to gorgeous Maggie Valley is nothing! I see a handful of fall weekend hiking trips in our future!
  • Outdoor activities: I can’t wait to explore parks, local hiking trails, Lake Norman and more!
  • Living close to an airport: Living two hours from an airport for nearly three years will make you appreciate having an airport close by, that’s for sure!
  • Shopping: 99.9 percent of the shopping I do in Ocala is online. Everyone here seems to make the 90+ minute drive to the malls and outlets in Orlando to do their shopping because the stores in Ocala are rather limited. It will be so nice to have access to stores other than TJMaxx (which I love, don’t get me wrong) to shop and look for gifts for loved ones.
  • Museums, Concerts and Theatre: I’ve been peeking around CharlotteCultureGuide.com and getting awfully excited.
  • Festivals: Okay, this is a ridiculous one, I know, but I LOVE outdoor festivals and have missed them like crazy ever since we moved away from Orlando. From what I’ve heard from friends who live in Charlotte, there is no shortage of fun little festivals around town. While we were there we actually stumbled upon a little food truck festival and I was in heaven!

So when will we be moving?

Ryan’s start date at his new company is June 16. We’re planning to use these next two weeks to get organized and pack and then we’ll have temporary housing set up for 30 days as we look for a place to live. (Our lease in Ocala runs through the end of August.)

I actually have quite a few blog-related trips planned during the month of June that fly in and out of the Jacksonville airport, so it will be a hectic month as we try to figure everything out! I plan on making some back-and-forth trips to Charlotte in June but will likely permanently be joining Ryan there in early July.

As for my job at the gym, my last day was last week! The timing of all of this was actually pretty great because a new group exercise schedule debuted at our gym on Monday, so I could say goodbye to my previous classes before a new routine was established. I’m definitely sad to leave, but know there’s lots of fun things waiting for us in North Carolina. I can’t wait to bring you guys along for the ride!

If you live or have ever lived in the Charlotte area, I would LOVE to hear any and all recommendations you may have for us as we make this big transition. I know you’ll know best!

Comments

Congratulations! My boyfriend lives in Charlotte so I go down there pretty often. Definitely make sure to swing by Luna’s Living Kitchen ASAP. It’s incredible!

2. Stephanie Y says

That is so exciting! North Carolina is one of the states that I would love to live in if I could get out of Florida.

That’s so awesome! Congrats to Ryan on the new job! I’ve only been in Charlotte for an EIGHT HOUR layover, but we left the airport and explored the mall for a while and I enjoyed the area and the people. Moving can be hectic but very exciting. YAY!

4. Erika Pescatore says

So exciting! I lived in Charlotte for a few years after college before moving to Chicago. It’s a GREAT city for young people. There are great restaurants and you cannot beat the amount of outdoor activities in CLT and nearby. Make sure you check out the Whitewater Center this summer. They do live bands on Thursday evenings and of course, they have whitewater rafting, kayaking, paddleboarding, ziplining, hiking, etc. Really cool place!!

Plus, the access to shopping is great and it’s an all around gorgeous place to live. I’m actually getting a little jealous since a lot of my great friends still live there!

Feel free to shoot me an email about any questions you have. Would be happy to help make the transition easy and I have a few favorite spots I can recommend in a variety of categories. Yay! Good luck!

5. Angie Ballenger says

I’m a newbie to your blog, but I’m excited for anybody that begins a new venture. Good luck and I can’t wait to read about your moving and traveling experiences.

Congrats! I remember you talking about wanting to move to NC on the blog forever ago so that is awesome!

Incidentally I am visiting NC for the first time this month and I can’t wait!

7. Amelia says

MAJOR congrats to you both. Woohoo for landing a new job, Ryan!!!
    Obviously you already know Caitlin, but Kath used to live in CLT, and will prob have good recs too. Also, do you know Jen at Peanut Butter Runner? She lives in CLT and manages metro fitness, among other amazing talents. You should email her and ask for recs.
    I know Diana at the chic life also lives in CLT with her hubby and teaches Zumba.
    Kevin & I both love CLT , most likely me more than him, but if he could get a job there, I would love it. However, I’m not complaining about living in Charleston, SC either. If you ever need a quick trip to the beach, we are only 3 hours away!

Congratulations!! I’m super-jealous, because North Carolina’s essentially my dream state to live in. You have access to the mountains and the beach; I’d love that :) So happy for you!

9. Lindsey says

Omg this is awesome!! You will love it here! My fiancée and I have lived here almost 2 years and still feel like there’s so much we still have to explore!! Definitely check out 7th street public market, atherton mill and market, y’all will love the US Whitewater center and so so much more! Good luck with the move and welcome to charlotte!!!!

10. Brooke says

Julie, congratulations! I’m so happy for you and your family! Changes sometimes are daunting and scary due to risk but I know you will love Charlotte. I fly into the city a lot and there definitely is southern hospitality.

Best wishes for this exciting new path!

11. Abby says

congrats on the big move up to Charlotte! I lived there through high school and can tell you it’s a great place and definitely does not lack for things to do! You’ll definitely want to check out the new uptown AAA baseball stadium (Charlotte Knights) this summer if you’re able!

12. Sarah says

Congratulations! I moved from Florida to Charlotte too, and I loved it there. Check out Dilworth, South End, Elizabeth, Plaza Midwood and Chantilly for walkable, fun neighborhoods right in the city — all also great for dogs. I lived in Chantilly (a small neighborhood tucked between Elizabeth and Plaza Midwood), and it was fantastic.

13. Danielle says

I am so excited for you to start your new adventure! I just moved from Gainesville, Florida to Raleigh,NC last year and I LOVE it here!!

14. Ann Baker says

That is great news! My husband just accepted a job in South Carolina. He starts June 23rd. We will be coming from Phoenix.
    I look forward to the adventure. Good Luck!!!!!

15. Lauren says

Woooohoooo! Born and raised in Charlotte (working at one of the hospitals in Boston currently) and cannot wait to move back down there. South Charlotte is definitely the place you want to be! Congrats, so exciting!!!

16. Hayley says

My cousin and her husband have lived in Charlotte for a few years now and love it! I think you will too. Also, you HAVE to make frequent trips to Asheville. It is seriously one of my favorite places on earth.

Congrats on your new journey!

17. Nicole says

Congratulations!! How exciting!! I’ve always wanted to travel to the Carolinas and have only heard wonderful things about Charlotte! Sadie better be excited about all the new hiking opportunities that await!

Happy thoughts to you and your family!!

18. Mandy says

Aw that’s so exciting! I live in Charlotte and I really love it! You really have to be mindful of living in an area that’s convenient for work. Just because it says “15 minutes” on google doesn’t mean thats true. The commute in the morning/evening can be very long if you are on the wrong roads! Only downfall! Butttt……

There are a million different fun things to do and try though as I’m sure you are already aware! I’m actually going to a baseball game tonight with my boyfriend for the first time in the new Knights Baseball stadium in Uptown ($8 for a ticket!!). I’ve heard its beautiful and lots of fun. My favorite restaurants are Fern and Bean Vegan Cuisine. They are both vegetarian/vegan, but the food is amazing. Good hiking can be found at Crowder’s Mountain, that’s my favorite! Lake Norman and Lake Wylie both have fun water activities! The Whitewater Center <3 <3 The list can go on and on! Welcome to QC!

Yayyyyy for you, Ryan, and Sadie! My friend Erika lives in Charlotte and LOVES it. Definitely talk to people at local coffee shops, cafes, gyms, etc. to get ideas on the area you may want to live in as well as what good places to visit would be! Congratulations!

20. Hales says

I was born and raised in Raleigh, NC and have made the trip to Charlotte many times. It really is one of the best places to be. I recently moved to the Midwest because my husband got promoted and I can say that I miss NC all the time.

Definitely go to Panther’s and Hornet’s games. It’s a big sports town. If you can make the trip to Durham/Chapel Hill/Raleigh on an adventure…head to a Durham Bulls game, Duke campus (Sarah P Duke Gardens, Cameron Indoor), Chapel Hill has some incredible music venues and so does Charlotte.

Congrats on the move!

21. Haley says

Such exciting news!!! Can’t wait to follow as you explore a new city. I actually just suggested moving to Charlotte to my fiance last week….so I can’t wait to follow along on your journey! Congrats again to all of you <3

22. Ashley says

Yay! I was born and raised in Charlotte – still live there and still love it! Welcome to our wonderful city and after reading your blog for so long I really hope I run into you!

YAY!!! I’m so excited for you and CAN’T WAIT to live vicariously through you as you explore a new city! I’ve been reading since god knows when and I remember thinking about you when I moved to NC (Raleigh) two years ago. (I sound like such a creep because you have no idea who I am..ha!)

Being away from family is tough but you’ll still be within driving distance which is great! (My mom was so mad when I moved six hours FURTHER south after already moving seven hours away… oops!)

You’ll also be SO CLOSE to Asheville which is basically the most amazing place on earth!

Ahh! Good luck to Ryan on the new job! You guys are doing great!

24. Christina says

I moved to Charlotte nearly exactly 3 years ago and it was a huge life-changer. I love it here! It’s such a fun and welcoming city and I’m amazed that location really does impact your happiness. I would be happy to offer recommendations!

I’ve heard so many great things about NC — it’s actually somewhere I think I might enjoying living someday. I can’t wait to read/see how you enjoy living there. And Peanut Butter Runner lives there, too — and I’m sure many other healthy living bloggers I can’t think of :)

26. Cathryn says

Charlotte is seriously amaze-balls. I live in Columbia, SC and we go to Charlotte for concerts and sporting events a lot! You are absolutely going to LOVE fall in North Carolina. Get excited because there is truly nothing like the leaves changing on a lake. I understand your reluctance to live far away from your family (I went 12 hours away to college) but NC is a wonderful state! I would definitely know, my dad is from a small town just outside Charlotte :)

Congratulations! I’m so excited for you and Ryan!! I’ve heard nothing but good things about Charlotte and hope to one day visit there. And, as a northeasterner living in Florida, I am quite jealous you will get to have seasons again. I’m very excited for you both!!

28. Bethany T says

Congratulations! I am excited to read all about your move. My husband and I live in KY and were thinking of moving to FL….so this blog post is right on time. Love your blog!!

29. Courtney says

The best thing about living in NC (in my opinion) is how many day trips/long weekend trips and things to do that are available! Asheville, Wrightsville Beach, Outer Banks, Boone, Winston-Salem, Raleigh. Endless places to go, and SO MANY free and cheap activities.

As a former FL girl and current NC resident, I’m excited for you!

30. Morgan says

How exciting! Congrats to your new adventure! Can’t wait to follow along on the blog.

Just curious…what exactly does Ryan do? If you don’t want to share that info though I totally understand. Just curious b/c of the move from Orlando to Ocala to N.C.

Anyways, good luck!

So exciting! And congrats to Ryan on the new job! I was actually just outside of Charlotte on Lake Norman visiting family last weekend. I definitely recommend going boating on the lake while you’re there – it’s so beautiful! I couldn’t get over how green everything was haha

32. Heather Cory says

How exciting!! A new adventure is always a little scary, but that’s what makes it fun! My husband and I have moved across the country from our families (from Rhode Island to NYC to Texas to Seattle–he’s in the Coast Guard) and its hard being so far away, but its been so fun creating a new life in each new spot. Home is where YOU are! Good luck and safe travels!!

33. Lara says

Congrats!!! I haven’t been to Charlotte, but I just moved to NC (Raleigh/Durham area) last year and LOVE it!! It’s a fabulous place to live!

34. Genevieve says

Charlotte is a great city! You’re going to love living here. Check out Dilworth neighborhood. It’s a really cute neighborhood right outside of Uptown and is close to parks/restaurants/shopping. Equally as important – YMCA offers a few BodyPump classes but Thursdays at 6pm with Andre in the Childress Klein (uptown) location is the best :) Good luck!!

35. Julie says

I’ve always wanted to live in North Carolina! I’ve lived in Florida my whole life and I hate not having ACTUAL seasons. Lol I can’t wait for you to show us around your new city! Congrats to Ryan!

36. Mikaela says

I just moved from Charlotte to Philadelphia last weekend and was sad to leave. It’s a great city. I lived there for almost three years and LOVED it. You should definitely check out the Dilworth area to live in. It has really awesome character, and near lots of parks. The list of awesome restaurants are endless. I personally love Basil Thai Restaurant and Vida. The Bodypump classes at the Uptown Y are always great. You’ll also have to keep an eye out for the JCrew factory warehouse sales in Asheville. It’s a bit of a drive but a good excuse to go to the mountains and get crazy good deals! Please feel free to email me with any questions! I think you’ll really love it! Good Luck!

• says

Ryan visited Basil Thai on a business trip last year and raved about it! I can’t wait to try it out, too. And thank you for the recommendations!

37. Sarah says

Congratulations to Ryan! Charlotte is amazing. I work for an apartment management company and we have so many amazing communities in Charlotte! Every time I go, I’m just floored by the fun and fresh “vibe” the city has. Definitely an amazing town. Jealous! (<– Because I live near Memphis, TN 😛 )

I am also likely moving to North Carolina this summer! My husband will be going to Wake Law up in Winston-Salem, not too far from Charlotte. I look forward to following all your adventures there since it will be my turf too :). We just visited the Winston-Salem area and one thing I LOVE is all of the wineries – you have to check them out!

What an amazing, exciting new adventure this is going to be for you guys! We’ve recently moved house in the UK (built the new one, well not personally…) so I know it can get stressful but a few deep breathes will keep you on the straight and narrow and it’s MORE than worth it in the end :) can’t wait to hear all about it!

40. Amy says

I don’t know Charlotte that well, but I do know you are only a short drive away from one of my favorite cities, Charleston! It is such a GREAT GREAT food town! Not to mention the houses there are adorable. Also, the Cooper River Bridge Run is a great 10k (in April). It is crowded, but a really fun race to run in. My husband and I recently moved from my home town of Atlanta to the NYC area for my husband’s job and it was a big transition. I wish you guys nothing but the best! Cheers to new adventures :)

Wow, Julie! Major congratulations to you and Ryan! Charlotte is in my top 5 places to live when I finally move from Florida (which hopefully will come sooner rather than later), so I am really excited for you and the new adventures your lives will bring.

42. Maggie says

Hi Julie! I’ve been following your blog for a long time and have always loved reading your posts. I’m a Charlotte native and am so excited that you and Ryan (and Sadie!) are going to be moving here! Definitely check out some Knights and Hornets games when you get the chance. Hope everything with the move goes smoothly!

43. Amanda says

Congratulations! My husband and I live in Greenville, SC (about and hour and a half away) and completely adore the seasons and the proximity to the mountains. We’re originally from Tennessee, so I could never move somewhere without mountains, but it’s nice to be 3 1/2 hours from the beach! You should definitely check our Asheville, NC. So many great restaurants and brewerys. Also, Charlotte has a large array of concerts, so definitely check out the music scene.

44. Dacon says

Congratulations! My husband and I recently made the move to the east coast (about 5 hours north of Charlotte in Virginia) and we absolutely love it. The hiking, the history and the scenery are just a few of the things that I appreciate about living here! Good luck to you and Ryan!!

45. Caiti Smith says

Hi Julie! I recently moved from Gainesville, Fl to Charlotte! You, Ryan, and Sadie will love it here! If you have any questions about the area or just want a new friend in the area please don’t hesitate to contact me. I’d be more than happy to give any advice and recommendations I can.

46. Alyssa @ life of blyss says

SO PUMPED FOR YOU. You get to go back to my college stomping grounds, AND we can play when I visit!

Speaking of which, I’m coming June 26. Will you be around then? 😉

Yay! You’ll love it there. Which you already know.

Oh my goodness, what an amazing opportunity for you! But I’ll admit that I’m pretty sad finding out that you’re not going to be just an hour away from me anymore…

48. samantha says

We have some friends that live there and yes, you’re right, they have a ton of festivals going on! If that’s your thing, then you definitely won’t be bored. However, the summers are still hot so at least you’ll be ready for those. From what I’ve heard, it really doesn’t snow too much in that area, but things could change. And I would love to see posts about the mountain area when you guys do make a trip up there. Have fun and have a safe trip when you move. You’re going to love it!!!!

This is so exciting! Congrats on the big news! NC is such a gorgeous state and I really miss it. I never got to spend much time in Charlotte as I lived on the Outer Banks. If you ever head east for a beach vacation and are looking for suggestions, let me know! :) Good luck with the move!

50. Lori says

How exciting to not only explore but be able to immerse yourself in a different part of the country! I am excited for you!

Congratulations! I’ve never been to the downtown area, but I have friends that live in the suburbs right outside of Charlotte (Huntersville and Concord) and it’s beautiful! There’s always a festival going on and other entertainment… You’ll never be bored! Good luck with the move!

52. Jennelle says

Congrats to Ryan on the new job! We just moved to Charlotte last fall for my job, and we love it. In fact, I took my first BodyPump class two weeks ago at the Uptown Y a previous commenter mentioned. :) It’s gorgeous here, isn’t it? So many beautiful trees, landscaping, near the mountains and only a few hours to the beach…

We are still exploring restaurants and things to do, but you must try Napa on Providence. Took us right back to Italy!

I live in Raleigh so I say…welcome to NC! I am a native and love my home state. I know you will love living here. As you are realizing, it has so much to offer. Good luck over the coming weeks!

54. amanda says

You will love Charlotte. Not sure what part of town you will live in but I would love to recommend a vet. The veterinary hospital of Davidson. Both doctors are so wonderful. It is just north of the city by lake Norman. For restaurants two must visits ones are Cabo Fish Taco in Noda. Which is just outside of downtown. The other is Copper for Indian food. It is the best Indian food around and is a great way to try Indian flavor if you have never had it before or if you are a huge fan. It is in Dilworth right outside of downtown. Hope you have a wonderful time exploring the city. Best wishes.

55. Amanda says

Congratulations Julie! Such exciting news. I remember you saying YEARS ago that you wanted to move there, now it’s happening! I hope you find an awesome job there also, and all the very best for the big move.

I’m in the midst of moving also… from New Zealand to Mexico! Wish me luck haha x

56. Anne says

Ahhhhhhhhh congratulations julie!!!!! That is so gosh darn exciting!!
    Moving from St. Augustine to Raleigh (now Charlotte I know :)) just over two years ago was the best decision I absolutely love it even though my family is still in Florida!

57. Sara says

Awesome! Congrats to Ryan!

I think y’all will love NC. I grew up in Spartanburg, SC (about an hour-hour & a half away) & my husband grew up in Charlotte. His sister & her husband still live there, and his parents live on Badin Lake (about an hour and a half northeast of CLT), so we try to get down to visit a couple times a year.

Good luck w/the move, I can’t wait to read about your adventures!

58. Karleen says

Congrats to you two! I’ve been reading your blog for a couple years now and have always enjoyed reading about your active lifestyle. I only hear great things about Charlotte and know that’s it’s quite an active city as well so you’ll fit right in! Are you going to be looking for a job anytime soon or you’ll be comfortable enough to have to look for something you really enjoy?

That’s exciting news!! That’s great that you’ll be surrounded by more outdoor activities and have access to different fitness classes. I’ve never been to Charlotte but it sounds like a great place to live!

SO exciting–congratulations! I have always wanted to move to one of the Carolinas… or Colorado or Washington/Oregon area. So really I just want to get out of WIsconsin and I’m hoping I can when the boyfriend is back from his deployment. Can’t wait to follow your journey. =)

Welcome to Charlotte Julie! We met a couple years ago at the Philly HLS. Glad to have you in Charlotte. I’m sure you’re probably aware but there are a lot of bloggers here so you’ll sort of have an instant “family” with us if you want it! Most of us know each other and a lot of us hang out although a lot of us have had kids in the past couple years so that’s gotten a little more challenging 😉 Charlotte is great for all the reasons you and your commenters described- awesome restaurants, seasons, work out options, races, theaters, … you name it. I’ve lived here almost 8 years and love it! Definitely reach out to any of us bloggers if you want to get together or have questions about anything. Look forward to seeing you up here!

• says

Thank you SO much for this comment, Brittney!!!! It means a lot to me and I would absolutely LOVE to connect with some Charlotte bloggers. YAY! :) :)

62. jessica says

How exciting! Congratulations to Ryan on the job! I live in Durham, NC and visit Charlotte for a long weekend every year- it’s an awesome city! Some of my favorite things to do are to take a run in the Uptown area (ending at Viva Raw, a juice bar!), have brunch at Zada Jane’s, splurge with a lunch at Mert’s Heart and Soul, and stop at Ikea. :)

Oh my goodness, congratulations!! I live in Raleigh, but my boyfriend is in Charlotte for grad school so I visit a lot. The neighborhood called NoDa is super dog friendly and there is even a place called Dog Bar where you can grab a drink and dogs can go wild! Could be super fun for Sadie! Our pup loves it! Also, for food, Cantina 1511 is delishhhh for upscale Mexican!

64. Katie says

Congratulations!!!! :) I’m so excited for you two!

My boyfriend and I are looking to move to Charlotte in the new year. :):)

I’ve lived in different parts of NC my whole life! I’m in Raleigh now and I hate to tell you, but we only get about a month total of spring, summer and fall! My husband (originally from Maryland) was just complaining about that last night! Don’t worry though, Sadie will get to see at least a dusting of snow! I can’t wait to see those pictures!

I’ve lived in different parts of NC my whole life! I’m in Raleigh now and I hate to tell you, but we only get about a month total of spring, fall and winter! My husband (originally from Maryland) was just complaining about that last night! Don’t worry though, Sadie will get to see at least a dusting of snow! I can’t wait to see those pictures!

67. kait says

I’m so excited for your family and your new adventure! I’ve wanted to visit Charlotte for some time now. I love reading a blog called Peanut Butter Runner by a gal who lives in Charlotte. I’m sure you’ve seen it, but if not you should check it out : )

68. Whitney says

I was born and raised in Charlotte and moved back here after college! So happy to hear you’re moving here – welcome!!!! You’ll love it!!! I always like to tell people it is a big city with a small town feel :) There are so many fun areas to explore, events, quick weekend getaways (Charleston and Asheville are my favorites!) and tons of great restaurants! Plus the fitness community is wonderful!

69. Grace says

My husband and I are North Carolina natives (from the Raleigh area). We are retiring from the Airforce and moving from North Dakota to Charlotte this winter. I am totally going to have to follow these posts so I can use any tricks you find during your move. Your going to love Charlotte especially the summers :)

AMAZING news!!! Now two of my favourite bloggers (you and Caitlin HTP) will be in North Carolina!! I can’t wait to read all about it on your blog as it’s a place I’ve DREAMED about visiting!!! Tell Ryan congratulations on the new job!! So so so happy for you all!!!

71. Kelly says

You are going to love Charlotte! I lived there for about a year and still visit all the time because my sister, brother-iin-law, and new baby nephew live there. Like others have said, definitely check out the Whitewater Center. I did a Spartan race there and it was a blast! And Crowders Mountain has great hiking with beautiful views. I’m sure Sadie would love it!

72. Susie B. says

Yayy I’m so excited for you!!! I’m a long-time reader, and I remember you saying that you would love to live in NC, so I’m super happy for you!

My family lives in Charlotte (and absolutely loves it), and my grandparents have owned a house on Lake Norman for years. Lake Norman is amazing and holds so many wonderful memories for my family. It’s so weird to hear someone else reference it because we’ve been going there forever, and no one I know has ever heard of it (which I guess isn’t that weird since I live in IN)! We also go to Holden Beach every year for vacation, which is a small town a few hours from Charlotte close to Myrtle Beach – you and Ryan should definitely check it out.

North Carolina is hands down my favorite state. I wish you all the best! I’m excited to hear about your new adventure!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am seriously so happy for you, Ryan, and Sadie! Although I’ve never lived in Charlotte, I have several friends that do and absolutely adore that city. I have a feeling that you will love it as much as they do :)

So exciting! I love NC! I moved from GA to NC almost seven years ago, and I now live in the mountains (about two hours from CLT), and there are definitely some great places to ski up here. And great hiking trails!

Charlotte always has some great races too…it’s a great city!

Oh my gosh! I’m sooo happy for you! Charlotte is my “dream city” also! That’s so exciting! As for moving away from family. My mom and dad had to make that very same decision moving from Ohio to Pennsylvania (9 hours from family) just after I was born. My parents always say that while it was a bummer to be further away from their families, it allowed them to focus on their (my) little family more and really learn to rely and trust each other as their primary family.

Also, I have sooo many good memories of long car rides to Ohio around holidays to see my grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins. I’m so excited for you!

• says

Thank you for sharing a little bit about your parents’ story with me. I am definitely bummed to be moving away from family, but I’m hopeful for what lies ahead.

76. Meg says

Make sure you visit Clemson, South Carolina for a few football games. They are ridiculous! You are only a 2 hour drive from there!

77. Cory says

I lived in Charlotte for the first 22 years of my life (aside from when I was away for college) and actually might be moving back shortly, so if you need some recommendations on good areas to live, restaurants, bars, music venues, shopping, etc… please don’t hesitate to ask!! I absolutely love Charlotte and am sure you will love it too! Good luck!

78. Jodi Brinkley says

Hi Julie! I live in North Carolina approx 1.5 to 2 hours north of Charlotte. I have followed your blog for 3 years and got really excited to see you guys are moving to Charlotte. I have tried several of your workouts and recipes also I learned about Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp on your site with I tried and loved it :)We go to Lake Norman in Charlotte in the summertime. I have also heard the Epicentre is alot of fun so check it out. Best of luck to you Ryan and sweet Sadie on your move :)

79. Carly says

Congratulations! I am originally from Gainesville and rode horses in Ocala growing up so I’ve loved reading about your life and adventures in Ocala, Gainesville, & Jacksonville BUT I have lived in North Carolina since 2010 and it is AWESOME! I started out in Chapel Hill and now live in Asheville and I have many friends in Charlotte. Like you, for many years prior to moving here, I thought it seemed like such a great, well-rounded state. You will LOVE it! I don’t want to hate on North Central Florida because I am very nostalgic about it but in general, NC has a much better quality of life in almost every area. Everything you said you are looking forward to is so true. You will appreciate all of those things and more! Based on your interests and personality that comes through in the blog, I really think you are going to just adore it

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND RYAN!

80. Miley says

Ahhh! That’s so exciting, Julie! And it’s a small world because I will be moving to North Carolina as well! I’m finishing up my undergraduate degree at home (in Georgia), but am headed to UNC to pursue my master’s degree in public health and nutrition! I can’t wait to hear about your Charlotte adventures and maybe learn a thing or two from you before I head up there too! (:

How exciting! I’m excited for you all and looking forward to following along the journey :) We are moving to FL as soon as our house sells- it’s scary moving away from family, friends and a job of 8 years but we just love the beach so much! I think it will be a fun journey to explore somewhere new with your best friend, in your case and ours! Best of luck!

82. Ashley Kara says

I literally screamed out loud for you… As a long time reader and Charlotte resident, I’m excited for you! Definitely check out Howl at the Moon and other bars at the Epi Center. Lake Norman is amazing and we have great dog parks (William Davies dog park is my favorite). The Dog Bar is also fun! I hope you love Charlotte as much as I do!

83. Emily says

Congrats on the move, Julie! I’ve lived in Charlotte my whole life and highly recommend it here! I know you love to volunteer so once you get settled you might enjoy exploring Hands on Charlotte to find opportunities. If you have any questions or need any help, don’t hesitate to reach out! :)

84. Serena says

That’s so exciting!!! I’ve lived in Charlotte for the past year and a half and I absolutely love it! It is such a fun city and there are a ton of great restaurants!!

That is so awesome!! I travel to Charlotte every year for work and I’ve told my husband how awesome it would be to live there. I’ve eaten at Luna’s Living Kitchen, too, and it’s a really cool little place. Congrats on the exciting move!

86. Serena says

I’ve lived in Uptown and the South End, and definitely like South End better. It is still walking distance to Uptwon, but also right on the light rail so it’s very easy to get around! Dilworth is adorable too and has so many cute shops and restaurants!

87. Christina says

Congrats to you and Ryan on the exciting move! I work at one of the banks uptown and I would definitely recommend Dandelion Market uptown (right next to Basil) – they serve tapas-style dishes and it is a favorite of my fiance and I! The menu changes seasonally. I would also check out the Broadway lights series at the Blumenthal performing arts center! We have enjoyed having season tickets the past few years, it’s so fun to go out to dinner and then go see a Broadway musical! Finally, my favorite sweet treat is to go to Bar Cocoa at the Ritz for macarons…my favorites are the Red Velvet and the pistachio!!

Oh, and I have to recommend Udderly Delicious for amazing homemade ice cream if you are ever passing through Hickory – my fiance’s dad owns it so I might be biased, but I am also an ice cream snob :-)

• says

Your comment is just adding to my excitement!!!!! Thanks for the recommendations. And ice cream is my favorite food EVER, so you know I’ll be all over that place.

88. Katie says

Hi Julie! As a longtime reader of your blog, I am so thrilled for you! My aunt, uncle, and cousins lived in Charlotte for 13 years and made a ton of friends whom they still keep in touch with today. We hiked Grandfather’s Mountain one summer (near Charlotte), and it was one of the most fun camping trips!

89. Megan Bramos says

I was just in Charlotte visiting a friend and thought it was such a neat city! The downtown area called EpiCenter is really neat, lots of restaurants, bars, etc. Good luck, I hope you all enjoy it!

SO exciting! We just experienced a big move as well, so I totally understand your excitement and mixed feelings. I’m looking forward to following along with your adventures as you go through this move. I hear NC is absolutely gorgeous!

• says

I’ve been following your move, Ashely! It looks like you’re adjusting so well! I’d LOVE to teach BodyPump one day, so I’ve enjoyed reading about your journey.

You’ll love Charlotte. They have such great food and sights. It has the Southern hospitality I love so much too – most of my good friends were born and raised there. And you have to visit Asheville, NC where I lived for 6 years!

92. Shannon says

Hey! I have lived in Charlotte for 4 years now, I moved from Boston. It is an amazing little city :) Plaza Midwood is my favorite area, that is where I live now. Check out Soul – one of the best restaurants in town! I saw you loved Freedom Park – Dilworth and Southend are close to that. You can also enjoy the greenway from all three of those areas. If you have any questions feel free to email me. Would totally love to show you around town when you get here :)

Best,
    Shannon

93. Laura says

That is SO exciting!! 😀 I hear only good things about North Carolina!! My husband and I might be moving there next year (he’s in the military so we don’t get to know until it’s right around the corner), so I’ll definately be living vicariously trough your blog for a while! :)
    And congratulations to Ryan for being offered a job the day of his interview – he must have really impressed them! :)

94. Joanna says

So excited you will be in my town!! Been here for 15+ years, you will never want to leave!!! Dilworth, Elizabeth and Southpark are all really great walkable areas. The fitness scene is AWESOME the Y here is AMAZING and I would love to go for a run with you one day!

95. Kelly A says

I’m so jealous…….errrr……happy for you! :) I lived in Charlotte for 12 years. I initially moved there for college and loved it so much that I stayed. It’s an awesome ‘Little Big City’ and I’m 100% sure that you will love it. Here’s my two cents on the different areas:
    -Running in Myers Park is awesome. (Near and around Queens University.) I love running through the HUGE tree lined streets, seeing the equally huge houses and then running through Freedom Park.
    -Dilworth area is awesome to live in. East Blvd has a lot of fun restaurants, shops, pubs, etc. You can also live in Dilworth and EASILY walk to all of these places. A ton of stuff to do and close to everything: close to downtown, SouthPark, Myers Park, etc.
    -Trader Joes/Whole Foods/Earthfare: what more is there to say?
    -You MUST try the Flying Biscuit Cafe.
    -Lake Norman is nice, but I find it a tad bit ‘uppity’ and too far removed from the life of the city. A lot of people LOVE that area and it IS really nice, it’s just not my speed. And I feel like once you get up there, you never go back into Charlotte…which I guess works for some people!
    -I remember the Marshalls at Blakeney (in the Ballantyne area) being awesome.

Ok, well, I could go on and on an on about how great Charlotte is but I won’t…unless you want me to? :) Congrats again!

96. Jill says

Congratulations! This is exciting! We just moved from Dallas, TX to Austin, TX (not a huge difference except for culture), but moving is always exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time (all in a good way)! I’m excited for you and Ryan to take this next adventure in your lives.

97. Audrey says

Thats great! Every time I drive through Ocala i think about you. Now when I head through Charlotte, i’ll think of you there. I’m sure you will love it!

Congratulations! Such exciting news! I have always been in love with North Carolina for as long as I can remember. My dad has family in the Ashville area and I’m in love with all the outdoor activities and the gorgeous mountains! Charlotte is the cutest city and I’ve no doubt you’ll love living there. Although, being further from family is a downside.

I have a feeling Sadie will love it! 😉 Congrats to Ryan and such and exciting time in your lives!! Looking forward to following along on your journey!

OH MY! How exciting! I was born and raised in North Carolina and I may be a little biased but I think its the best! I read your blog daily and I am so pumped to have you in my home state! Also, Charlotte is amazing and you will love it!

100. Kellie says

OMG! Yay! I’ve been reading your blog for almost a year and a half now and now you are moving to a city 30 minutes away! I love reading your experiences in Florida and now I will actually be familiar with the places you blog about now! So happy for you! Welcome to NC, you’ll love it here!

I figured I’d just blow you up on twitter, facebook AND your blog post. 😉

I can’t wait to hear where you end up! David and I lived in Plaza Midwood (Chantilly to be exact) before we moved to the lake in 2010. I was (and am) OBSESSED with that area! Lake Norman is a fun place to live, too, though and Sadie and her parents are welcome to come explore it with Koda and the rest of us. I know Sadie is a boat-loving dog, so that should work out well (in a completely chaotic, two-crazy-vizslas kind of way).

Lake Norman State Park is pretty amazing for outdoor hikes (and we always take Koda off leash) and the National White Water Center is freaking amazing.

I’m really excited for you and do send me any questions you come up with. I love this city :)

Congrats on Ryan’s new job and your exciting move! I have heard so many great things about North Carolina! My husband and I have actually been talking about moving there for a while now so I can’t wait to hear all about it. So happy for you and your lovely little family!

103. Abbie says

Congratulations, Julie! I live in Charlotte and absolutely love it! You and Ryan will be so happy here. I ditto a few other comments – I live in Plaza Midwood and really enjoy the area. Best of luck with the move!

104. Amanda says

Charlotte is a beautiful city, I live about 3.5-4 hrs from there and have no doubt you will love it. There are so many trails, parks, etc. to explore. I love the charm and small town feel of Fort Mill, SC if you’re looking for a little slower pace. It is very close to interstate and a very short drive to Charlotte :)

105. Jen says

I live about an hour south of Charlotte, and I really enjoy visiting the city whenever I have a chance. You and Ryan will probably dig the US Whitewater Center. I didn’t see any other comments about it, so I had to recommend. You can whitewater raft and kayak, stand up paddleboard, canoe, ropes course, etc. They also have a live music series.

106. Casie says

How exciting Julie!!! I was in NC this past weekend. I had wedding appointments as well as attending a wedding in Charlotte on Saturday. My fiance’ attended Davidson in Charlotte, however he grew up In Asheville just a couple hours away. I Love NC. I would most definitely recommend you guys take a road trip to Asheville. You can tour the Biltmore estate and their is awesome micro brew their. I for see that there will be move for myself at some point in the future. Congrats on Ryan’s new job, and thanks for sharing!!!

My mom grew up there and my aunts, cousins, and grandparents are still in Charlotte so I was there at least 1-2 times a year growing up and its an amazing city. Youre going to love it!

108. melissa says

Ahhhh! i’m a long time reader and we found out last week that we’ll be moving to Charlotte at the end of the Summer!! We love it there. There are quite a few little towns bordering Charlotte so it’ll be interesting to see where we end up. We’re hoping to find something walkable too — although the city itself is really beautiful, it kind of dies down after 7pm so I’d definitely want to live a little outside of it.

Best of luck!!!

109. Tomeika says

What an exciting journey that lays ahead for the two of you! You can always move back home at some point if you guys get too homesick. Look up Page 6 boutique for great shopping. They are outside of Charlotte, but if you can check them out if you are ever in the area. Good luck!

110. Betsy says

Congrats on an exciting move! Every time I’ve made a big move with my husband, I was filled with a mix of excitement and anticipation and fear but it always seemed to work out for the best. I can’t wait to hear more about the move and your new town!

111. Morgan says

Hi Julie!

I have been reading your blog for a long time now. I have loved getting to know you and your family. Every time I read I think how one day we need to meet. ha! We both enjoy and do the same things and are practically the same age. My husband and I are very much like you and Ryan in a lot of ways :) I also love trying your recipes and workouts you post! Thank you!

Ok now that I have probably totally creeped you out, I was born and raised in Charlotte. Absolutely love it. You are going to just FALL IN LOVE! I live in Greenville, SC now with my husband but my family still lives there and we visit often. There are lots of outdoor festivals especially in the spring and fall and they are SO MUCH FUN!
    -The Dowd YMCA is one of my favorite ones to go to.
    -Dilworth/East Blvd. area is a great place to live and if not live the restaurants are great!
    -Southend is growing and a fun place for young people to live especially near light rail and being somewhat close to downtown.
    -You have already found Freedom Park and it is the best!
    -I grew up going to Covenant Presbyterian Church and their young adults program is rapidly growing
    -Lots of great shopping and little stores
    -Lots of great eating and grocery stores as well

I could fill you in on so much more! Email me if you have any questions! So excited for you and Ryan and can’t wait to follow your new adventure! Thank you for sharing your life!

Morgan

This is super exciting! I have been reading your blog since 2010 and I am thrilled for you guys. I adore Charlotte NC. My husband and I went there a couple years ago for the ACC championship game and fell in love with it. We were living in Nashville so it was an easy drive over. It is by far one of the cleanest cities I have ever been to! The food scene was phenomenal and the parks….so lush! Have so much fun!!!

113. Jill Newcomb says

Congrats on the job and the upcoming move! I have lived in Charlotte the past 5 years and absolutely love it! I’m in my mid- 20’s and it is the absolute perfect city for our age group! Some fun things here: Knights baseball games, Food Truck Fridays in South End, date night dinner at Fahrenheit (the new rooftop restaurant), free lululemon yoga Tuesdays at Olde Mecklenburg Brewery, dog bar in Noda, boating in Lake Norman (this is where I live!), etc!

114. Elisabeth says

Congratulations!!! I actually moved to North Carolina from Ohio in December (to the triangle area actually). While I’m enjoying the awesome NC weather, I do have to say I miss my family a lot… Hope you love it!

Congrats Julie!!! I can vouch for the excitement and fear of moving so far from family. It has been a wonderful choice for us and I think in many ways allowed me to appreciate my parents even more.

I’ve heard nothing but wonderful things about charlotte, congrats!

116. Alli says

Congratulations! I grew up in Charlotte, and it’s still one of my favorite places to visit. This post actually kind of made me want to move back! :-)

117. Janay Ridge says

That’s so exciting Julie! I felt the same way when we moved to Chicago. I’ve never lived more than 2 hours away from my family either. Thankfully Chicago is only 7 hours from my family and 5 hours from my husband’s. I’m very excited for you guys! Can’t wait to hear all about it! :)

118. Lisa says

Congratulations to Ryan on the new job and the big move! I’ve never been to North Carolina, but have heard it is wonderful. I have extended family who live in Ashville and Wilmington respectively. Best of luck on a successful move and happy house hunting. Will you be renting or buying?

119. Cathy says

Congrats on the move! I’ve had the opportunity to travel to Charlotte a number of times for work (my organization has an office there) and think its great! My colleagues in the CLT office seem to really enjoy living there.
    I was able to try Body Pump at the City Center YMCA (my first try at Body Pump) and thought was a blast. The people at that gym seemed very friendly (I’m looking forward to going back later this month). Best of luck on your move!

120. Rachel says

I live in Raleigh so welcome to NC!

Side note: I think it’s so funny when people from Florida talk about the NC “winters” and how they are a lot colder, etc. The reason I moved here is because I am from NY and wanted warmer winters so I think they are so mild! It’s all a matter of perspective I guess :)

121. Amanda says

That’s super exciting! Congrats! My cousin lives in Charlotte and I’ve always loved visiting her there! I grew up in SW Florida and left when I went to college. I totally get the excitement over all the trees! Haha. It’s just nice to have different landscape! Btw, are you running Heartbreak Hill in MA this wknd? If so, I’ll look out for you! :-)

I knew it!! 😉 Congrats on the move! I’m sure there are major pluses and minuses to it, but it’ll be a new adventure that doesn’t have to be permanent if you aren’t super thrilled about it!

123. bryanna stewart says

I am so excited! Two of my favirite bloggers are going to be in the same area. Do you read Peanut Butter Runner? Jen is amazing, and she could give you lots of deets in Charlotte. Now I just need to move there! Congrats and good luck to you and your family

124. michele says

I’m moving to Raleigh in July with my fiance (gosh, that’s fun to say- we got engaged saturday!)!! I’m sure we’re going to LOVE our city, too- NC is an amazing state :)

125. Mary says

Congratulations!! I moved to Charlotte in 2011 from Jacksonville and LOVED it! I found a great job, embraced the weather (FALL is absolutely gorgeous), met fabulous friends, and even met my fiance there! Definitely check out Luna’s Living Kitchen! The yoga and barre scene is big there, and the Harris and Dowd YMCAs have amazing fitness classes! I lived in Dilworth, a really cute neighborhood that is totally walkable- and right across the street from Freedom Park, perfect for walks/runs with Sadie! You’re only 2 hours from the beach/mountains- take advantage of weekend trips. It’s such a great city, so ENJOY! You will love it :-)

126. Arielle M says

Congratulations! I was so surprised! I live in south florida and my grandparents love in Charlotte. Good news for you that there’s a brand new Publix in Charlotte!! Haha :)

I love Charlotte and North Carolina in general! I go to school just over the border in Greenville SC. You guys are going to love it so much! You have to check out the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Biltmore Estate to start. Plus- the outlets in Charlotte are awesome!

128. Courtney says

I JUST moved to Charlotte this past weekend for my husbands job! So exciting, I think you’ll love it here! Congratulations!

I absolutely love Charlotte, I’ve lived here almost two years now and adore it! It so walkable, with tons of great restaurants and events, very young, and I love being able to walk to yoga and the the gym. What areas are y’all looking at?

130. Melissa a says

Congrats and welcome to Charlotte! I live here and agree with all the things you’re looking forward to. It’s a fun active city. You’d probably also like the us national white water center too! There are many great areas to live in with unique personalities. I love the trees here too!, Let me know if you have any specific questions or want to chat! 😉

131. Jennifer says

My brother has lived in Charlotte for the last 3 years, I love visiting him there! It’s a beautiful and very active city, there’s so much to do! You’ll love it!

132. Lisa says

How exciting Julie! I’ll second everyone else and say how much you will love it here. I moved down here seven years ago from the Midwest and I live and work in uptown. Happy to answer any questions about the area and fun things to do.

133. Lia says

Congrats!! We moved away from our family to Nashville 2.5 years ago and while
    It is hard to be far it’s been a great move for us. Florida just wasn’t the right fit for us so being in a city that we love with lots of other young, active people is awesome. Sadie will love your new city!! So much hiking and exploring. I definitely want to visit Charlotte sometime soon!!

My husband is from Charlotte and we moved from Charlotte to Pawleys Island, SC a couple years ago. I sure miss Charlotte! We lived in the Southpark area and I loved it all!!! Feel free to ask any questions!

That’s so exciting!! It’s going to be weird to read the first couple of posts with you not in Florida though! haha I’m so use to your Florida lifestyle at this point!! Can’t wait to find out what all is in Charlotte though, I hope y’all have a blast! :)

Exciting! Welcome to North Carolina! I’m in Raleigh but have made many a Charlotte trip – NoDa is a fun area with lots of cool local restaurants and bars. You have to try Cabo Fish Taco (best fish tacos I’ve ever had)! Good luck with the move!

137. AJ says

CONGRATS!! I don’t know why, but I kinda saw this coming. A new start in a new city is SO exciting. Good luck with everything!

-AJ
    OccasionallyAJ.com

138. Laura W says

Yeah! I am a huge fan of your blog and am so excited you are moving to Charlotte! I hope to see you around town!!

139. Cristina L. says

This is so great, Julie! I live in North Carolina (Chapel Hill), and it really is a great place to live. If Charlotte is anything like the Triangle area, then you’ll have plenty of food, art, and music festivals to keep you entertained all year long!

140. Sarah says

Long time reader and lifetime Charlottean. Y’all will love living here, it’s such a great city! Happy to answer any questions or give recommendations!

141. Jen K says

How exciting and Best of luck! We have considered te move because of opportunity, but have never actually visited. I can’t wait to visit through you!

Congrats to Ryan on the new job, and to both of you and the exciting move! I’m sure you will love it. :) My dad has a lot of family in VA and NC, and I spent a lot of time in Greensboro and Gretna growing up…such a beautiful, beautiful corner of the country!

143. Jessica says

I have family that lives in Charlotte–so many foodie places to choose from!! :) Cabo Fish Taco is one of my favorites!!! I love the Charlotte area!! So much to do! So exciting! Enjoy.

144. Jessica says

Congrats on the new opportunity!!! Charlotte is amazing and I’m so excited for you guys to explore and have fun in your next chapter of life!!!

yay!! congrats to you and Ryan, and Sadie! Welcome to Charlotte!! We live here and love the city. We have lived in a few different places in Charlotte, and loved them all. If you need help with areas please let us know!!
    Also there is a great vizsla meet-up group that we go to with Jax, it is great to meet other vizsla owners and see all the vizslas run around together!

You guys will love it here. So much to do and a gorgeous city. Again if you need help with moving or anything please just email us :)
    xo
    Lori and Michelle

146. Caylin says

I have loved visiting NC….and most recently living in Cary, which is very very close to Chapel Hill…YOU MUST CHECK THIS TOWN OUT. Amazing markets, fresh and local foods and boutiques. I also love Asheville for charm and hiking in the mountains. ..chimney rock! Enjoy and enjoy the move as much as possible…can be hard, but embrace it and reflect.

147. Maggie says

Hi Julie!! Longtime reader, first comment! I lived in Raleigh my entire life but recently moved to Charlottesville for law school at UVA. However, I’ll either be moving back to Raleigh or Charlotte after school, so I’m excited to see how you like Charlotte. Perhaps your adventures will sway me to pick Charlotte :) I absolutely love Raleigh, but when I’ve visited Charlotte I have really liked it a lot, too!

I’m actually visiting in June to meet with some attorneys at firms I’m interested in to talk about working/living in Charlotte. I’m planning to eat at 5Church when I visit because I’ve heard great things about it- so add that to your list of places to eat when you move! I’m sure that list is about 1000 miles long by now :)

Hi! I grew up living 30 minutes outside of Charlotte and have lived in the city now for 7 years. I guess you could say that I love it here and I think you will as well. A few of my favorite restaurants are : Rooster’s, Barrington’s, Good Food on Montord, Stagioni, Yama (the best sushi!), Check out Y2 yoga studio for an incredible hot yoga experience. Good luck with the move. Let me know if you have any questions about the area.

149. emily says

Charlotte is amazing! I love reading your blog and I’m super excited that you are moving up here!! Welcome to the Queen City, it’s beautiful you will love it here!

150. Sarah says

Congratulations Julie! I am selfishly already looking forward to your posts from North Carolina! Most of what I know about it comes from reading Nicholas Sparks but it does seem like an idyllic little state! So excited for you!! :) Good luck moving!

151. Lauren Mac says

I have lived in Charlotte for over 6 years! I really think you will enjoy all it has to offer! Such a great mix of city and suburbs, not to mention the mountains and beach are close too! You will love yoga and fitness community! It is BOOMING! I actually teach at a studio called Charlotte Yoga, and would love to have you in class :) be sure to check out a restaurant called Soul for some tapas, Nolen Kitchen for dinner and Sunday brunch, and Amelie’s is a cute dessert/ coffee shop. Good luck with the move!

152. Karissa says

Congratulations to you and Ryan! Moving is like a great adventure – with enough boxes to build the world’s best fort! 😉

153. Abby Sparrow says

I JUST moved away from Charlotte last year! I actually lived about 30 minutes away in a more rural area, but every time I got to go down to south park was a real treat!! I was just there last week visiting friends and visited an old favorite of mine, Cowfish Burger and sushi bar – highly recommend! Also, try out Sweet Frog and Yoforia froyo!! So excited for your new adventure in life!

Congratulations Julie (and Ryan!!) That’s such exciting news, and how cool that you get to live where you’ve always dreamed to live?! I moved away from home (a 16 hour flight away, to be exact) when I left for university, but had regular Skype and phone dates with my family so they definitely didn’t feel very far away. Good luck with the move, and I can’t wait to follow along for the NC chapter of your life! :)

Ahhhhh that is so exciting!! I love the Carolinas. You should definitely check out Asheville. Tons of cute restaurants, wineries, shops, and the Biltmore mansion.

156. meghan says

Congrats!!! I know you mentioned it in your other post but one of my Best Friends works for the Charlotte Knights. You and Ryan will have to go check out a game.. Would you and Ryan ever consider moving back to Chicagoland area? I live out in Naperville

157. Laura says

Ahhhhh so exciting!!! I moved to Charlotte from MD almost 7 years ago, right out of college, and LOVE IT! I know you guys will too. If you’re looking to be around other young married couples who’ve yet to start a family, I suggest south end (my boyfriend and I have lived here 3 years and love it), dilworth, or maybe South Park. Avoid west Charlotte at all costs – very dangerous. There are sooo many great restaurants here, fun stuff all year round (you MUST do the Xmas lights at McAdenville around Christmas), and a very active fitness community too! Welcome!!!!!

• Mary says

I have to disagree with the comment to avoid the west side entirely. I have friends who live in Wesley Heights and Wilmore, and while there have been issues and it is not for everyone, there have been improvements and new construction in the area. Also, the Stratford Richardson Y on West Blvd is clean, fairly new, and never crowded like the other Ys. I have never felt unsafe working out there.

Ahhh!! Huge congrats on the move – and also in a short time like my move with my husband. Hopefully you can get face time, or Skype set up on your phones/computers so you can still chat to everyone back in Florida.

I don’t envy your packing process, but hopefully you have a lot of friends to come and help. Or just sell all your stuff like I WISH we did! :)

Again, a big congratulations to you – yay for seasons!!!!

159. Casey says

AHH so exciting! I am so happy for y’all! I am a long time reader and you are definitely my favorite blog! I am 24 years old and live in Charlotte (was born here! Only left for college!) and would love to meet you and help y’all with anything. I live near Freedom Park and work uptown so please feel free to email me with any questions! Congratulations again, y’all will love it here!

160. Lauren says

That is such exciting news!! I’m from the north but I go to school in North Carolina and have absolutely fallen in love with it. It is so beautiful and the people are incredibly friendly. My all time favorite place is Cookout, they have something like 50 flavors of milkshakes (my favorite is peanut butter fudge, which is definitely up your alley!) and hush puppies and all that jazz and it’s only in NC and a couple of surrounding states. Another really good restaurant is Zoe’s Kitchen which has really fresh, Greek style food, I love their salads. It’s a very charming state.
    You’ll absolutely love it and be saying y’all in no time! :)

161. Molly says

I’m a Charlottean born and raised, and can’t wait for you to love this city as much as I do! So happy for you and Ryan!! -your biggest fan in the queen city :)

162. Liz says

Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a year or two now and really enjoy it! I’ve lived in Charlotte for 11 years, all in the Huntersville/Lake Norman area and absolutely love it! I worked uptown for 7 years before having kids and really enjoyed the city. Charlotte has so much to offer..I hope you will email me with questions about anything and everything! The fitness scene is amazing here and so is the food! I recommend Y2 for yoga, Good Food on Montford for an awesome dinner, Lunas Living Kitchen for a great lunch, Southpark Mall and Monkee’s boutique in Davidson for shopping, and much much more!! Congrats on the new job for Ryan!

163. Dawn T says

Congrats to you and Ryan! My family and I live in Irmo SC and we make a quick trip to Charlotte once a month because of all the great options. You will find many options for outdoor activities too. Best wishes!

164. Ashley S says

Congrats to y’all! I was born and raised in Charlotte and absolutely love it! Such an active, beautiful, diverse city. Will he be working in the city? There are ton of great apartment complexes in the area surrounding the city. I would highly encourage y’all to look around the South Park area. The places are pretty pricey there but you can find some great places for a deal. It is also right in the center of things and easy access to just about everything. Good luck to y’all!

Ahhh – that’s so exciting and you will absolutely love it! I was born and raised in FL but went to college in North Carolina about an hour from Charlotte and absolutely loved it. My boyfriend and I recently moved from North Carolina to New Jersey to be closer to his family but we’ve made a decision to move back to the Carolinas within 5 years or so. There’s just something about that area that’s calling us back – so excited for you!

That’s awesome news! I used to live in Boone, NC just a 2 hr drive up the mountain from Charlotte. I recommend you visiting Boone and Grandfather Mountain one weekend! I have always said I will move back and move to the Charlotte area so maybe we will be neighbors soon!

167. Sarah Whitney says

Congratulations, Julie!!! I am so happy for you and Ryan!! I recently moved to Tennessee (in January) from Maine, and it’s been nothing but a great adventure! I’m very excited for you three (Sadie included)!

168. Beth says

I have been a long time reader of PBF, and am so excited to hear you are moving to Charlotte! I’ve lived here my whole life and absolutely love it. I live in the Dilworth neighborhood, which has been amazing. It’s a very “active” and friendly part of town–not to mention, there are so many great restaurants nearby. A few of my favorites are Cowfish, Cabo Fish Taco, Vivace, Fern…the list goes on and on! Hope to run into you at some point!

169. Kate says

I live in Charlotte now! I have been here about six years and love it! True to your comments it’s clean and there is always something going on! Halcyon uptown is the best for a fancy dinner out – we love it! And body pump at the uptown ymca! Flywheel and flybarre! Soul gastrolounge! So many things! Best wishes – hope to catch you out and about to introduce myself!!

170. Brooke says

Congratulations to both of you! I have always wanted to live in North Carolina. I’m originally from West Virginia, but have moved around (including Wheaton, IL) before settling in TX 10 years ago where I met my husband. I miss seasons, and mountains, SO much!!! Best of luck to you all and I hope the house hunt goes well!

171. Kelly says

We are going to miss seeing you around Ocala and at church. This is a exciting new season in your life – enjoy every moment!

Congrats to Ryan! Moving is always so exciting and filled with so many positive changes. I currently live pretty far from my family but thankfully with today’s technology (skype, Facebook, etc) it is easy to stay connected.

173. Catherine @ foodiecology says

Congratulations!
    Charlotte sounds like such an awesome city. I’ve never been there (unless you count 2 different 9- hour layovers in the airport), but I’d love to visit one day. All the best to you, Ryan, and Sadie! :-)

174. Audra says

I commented on your Charlotte trip post a few weeks ago to say that I was excited to read it because I was moving to Charlotte that week. I’ve been here 2 weeks (and am selfishly reading all of these comments to get some great recommendations) and am already in love with the city! Everyone I’ve met has been so friendly and the number of dining/shopping options is almost overwhelming. I did my first run on the greenway trails yesterday – they are a great. Good luck with the move (I definitely know how crazy it can be) and I look forward to reading about your own transition here!

175. Elizabeth says

So excited for y’all! I grew up living about 30 miles west of Charlotte and moved here after college in 2006. Charlotte is a wonderful city and I hope y’all will love it! So many fun things to do and tons of great restaurants. The U.S. National Whitewater Center is just a short drive and extremely dog friendly. Also, a visit to Asheville or Boone/Blowing Rock is a quick day trip. Not sure if you’re still involved with Junior League but there is a very active league here. I’d be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the area. Welcome to the Tar Heel State!!

176. Stepf says

Congrats, Julie. I live in Asheville now, so we will almost be neighbors. You will LOVE fall in the mountains. Charlotte is an awesome city–and so many bloggers live there!

177. Sarah says

Holy wows! As a North Carolinian who has been reading your blog for a while this is pretty exciting. I also understand the pains of moving as I’m currently in the process of it. I lived in Charlotte when I was 10 so I probably don’t have the best recommendations, but I do suggest checking out Discovery Place. And if you need any NC help (especially mountain related) there are even more recommendations :)

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you and your husband. I bet it will be a great fresh start for you family. Especially when it comes to trying out new restaurants, fitness facilities, attractions, etc. I’d love that. I understand that it can be hard to live farther away from your family, but it makes it even more important/emotional when you do see them. Congrats again!

179. Debbie says

Woohoo congratulations to you both! Thank god you’re taking us with you! You should definitely write this blog forevvverrr :)

• says

Agree!!!! I grew up going to that church – now I live about 3.5 hours away but my parents still attend and I try to make it back every chance I get.

180. Karen says

This is very exciting! I expect that you will love North Carolina and Charlotte specifically. Much to do and see. Charlotte is such a beautiful city with much to offer.

Congrats to Ryan on the new job! So awesome you will be coming to NC! I also lived in Fl (in Oldsmar) and moved up here to NC. I love living here. I love having the mountains and beaches. I’m not far from you, so maybe sometime we can meet up and go hike! Since you love traveling, you’ll have to check out Mt. Rogers in VA. I go up there to ride horses but they have miles and miles of hiking trails and while hiking you’ll see wild ponies and cattle. :)

182. Georgeann says

If you are looking for great areas to live, I HIGHLY recommend the Dilworth/Selwyn areas! Both are excellent locations, within walking distance to great restaurants and shopping, full of sidewalks for running and walks, and extremely safe! Also within minutes of uptown and the light rail. I’ve lived in Dilworth for a few months now and I could not be happier!

183. JFV says

I spent time in CLT too and loved Elevation Church. You’ve shared bits and pieces of your faith along the way so though I’d share.

184. Ashley K says

Congrats to yall!! If you ever want to take a trip to the mountains don’t forget about a small quaint little town called Brevard. It’s about 2hrs from Charlotte, has over 100 waterfalls and great hiking trails and is just gorgeous!! Good luck on your move and welcome to NC!

185. Sally says

That’s insane news, but so exciting!! I can’t wait to hear of your adventures in North Carolina. I visited there when I was a kid, and I remember loving it, and would love to make it back as an adult sometime. Good luck with the move – they can be stressful – I just went through 3 in a 4 month span (just call me crazy!) Good luck to Ryan in the new job as well:)

Congrats! SO exciting! What’s crazy is that you’re the 3rd person I know moving to North Carolina in the next couple months. My favorite chiropractor is moving to Asheville with his family at the beginning of July and one of my really good friends and her husband are moving at the end of July!

Congratulations! I have a friend who lives up there (I’m in Georgia so it’s up for me lol) and I’ve heard nothing but wonderful things. I plan on visiting him soon actually. So excited for you!

188. Mary says

Julie, I live very close to Freedom Park so I could recommend places to live in the area and recently househunted, if you’d like to e-mail me.
    I also know the Uptown (Childress Klein) Y has a body pump class as does a gym on South Blvd.
    I’m an avid runner with lots of active friends, which I think you’ll find to be one of the best things about Charlotte.

189. Ruthie says

Congrats to you and Ryan!! What a fabulous new adventure you’ll experience together!! My brother moved from
    Tampa to Charlotte nearly 15 years ago and never looked back. You’ll love it! :) Best wishes on the the move.

190. Lizzy says

I absolutely love Charlotte, so much so that I’ll be celebrating 11 years here in August! I found your blog in a hunt for fitness inspiration so I know you’ll be thrilled with all of the options here! I’ve lived all over the city (Dilworth, Southend, Uptown, Southpark, Myers Park… literally everywhere) and my husband and I are TOTAL foodies so I would be happy to offer any recommendations – feel free to email me! ps – I also have a vizsla! He’s about 60 lbs, so much bigger than Sadie but just as spoiled.

191. Jennifer says

You guys are going to love NC!!!! I moved from the Charlotte area to the Raleigh are and just love everything about this state!! Hope your move goes smooth and you enjoy living in NC much as we do :)

192. Ruth says

I went to NC on a trip once to see Kittyhawk and the museum. I totally loved touring around seeing lighthouses and the fact that people built their decks on the roof! I really enjoyed my brief expeirence there, so I look forward to learning with you all about Charlotte.

Congratulations on this exciting move (and Ryan’s new job!) My grandparents lived in Ashville, NC and I fell in love with the area. It’s definitely one of 2 states I would consider moving to. Best of luck in your move, I know it’s a pain!

194. Jennifer says

So exciting, congrats!

You have to meet http://www.peanutbutterrunner.com/, http://www.northcarolinacharm.com/and http://www.bessbefit.com/ all favoriate Charlotte bloggers.

Forest Hill Church is awesome. Contemporary, an amazing community and David (the pastor) is incredible and so down to earth. The key to the big church is getting plugged into a life group.

Dilworth and Selwyn are the best. Great walking neighborhoods, lots and green space, safe and VERY pet friendly.

There are great restaurants, a few faves: Nolen Kitchen, Reids, Cantina 1511, Bad Daddy Burger, Ferenheit, Basil Thai, Copper, Crisp, the list is endless.

We have an aveda institute too. It’s cheap but good for a haircut, especially if your hair is easy with just a simple trim.

Charlotte is fabulous!!

195. Mallory says

I used to go to Winthrop in Rock Hill and the River Walk they have built along the Catawba is beautiful! It’s great for walking!

OMG, this is amazing news!!!!! I LOVE Charlotte, tooooo! Funny thing is my hubby was JUST there on Sunday also. He started in Raleigh for work/golf, then headed to Charlotte to visit some of our friends who had a baby in April. It’s because of visiting them that made me fall in love with Charlotte. Ahhhhh, can’t wait to follow your journey there!!!

197. Brandy says

Woohoo!!! Congratulations! I live in Charlotte and I love it! I’m so excited that you guys are moving here! It’s a wonderful city that’s keeps getting bigger and better.
    I love: Luna’s Living Kitchen for a great meal.
    For working out, I second Mary’s thoughts: The YMCA’s in Charlotte are awesome! I live in Dilworth area so I work out at the Dowd, but the Uptown Y is great as well.
    We’re all excited for you and Ryan!!!

198. Hillary says

You will absolutely LOVE living in NC. If you need good recommendations for places to go all over the state, I’m your girl. I’ve lived here my entire life, and can tell you the best beaches, ski mountains, and everything in between.

199. Molly says

Ahhhh I am moving to Charlotte within the next month too! My bf and i just signed a lease for an apt in southend right on the light rail that starts in the beginning of july. He is orlando-area born and raised too (and went to UF)… small world! Charlotte seems completely amazing, and I am really excited about finally moving there. I’m excited to see your explorations after you move to charlotte, bc I’m not super familiar with the area and need suggestions! Best of luck to you and Ryan!

200. Sarah C. says

That’s so exciting!! I live in Raleigh and I love North Carolina so much. I moved here after college and now I can’t imagine living anywhere else! I’m not super familiar with Charlotte and I’m not sure if you like roller coasters, but they have the amusement park, Carowinds in the city. It’s a great all-day activity for the summer, but the best time to go is in the fall because it’s less crowded. I hope you guys love living there!

201. Angie says

Super excited for you!! We took a trip to Charlotte last year and I absolutely loved it. You guys are going to be so happy living there. :)

CONGRATULATIONS!! My grandparents live about 10 minutes south of Charlotte, in a town called Indian Land, South Carolina and I go down there a couple times a year–I will have to let you know next time I am down there! Best of luck!

How exciting!!!! I’m from South Charlotte (born and raised) but went East (just within the state) for college and now call Eastern NC my home. I miss the restaurants and the grocery stores (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) so much. You will LOVE Harris Teeter. :)

Dude!!! Congrats on the move – I swear all my favorite bloggers are going to be there now!! Someday you will have to get together w/ Jenn, Katie and Bess! :)

205. Sherri W. says

Congratulations! I know you will love it, but I am sorry to lose you in FL! I live in SW FL, near Ft Myers, and always enjoyed hearing about your adventures in Ocala, Jacksonville, St Augustine (where we go EVERY July) and especially Sarasota. I know Charlotte is a wonderful city, and similar to where I grew up in GA. I wish you the best and look forward to hearing about your adventures there!

OMG! Charlotte is BEAUTIFUL! I can’t lie, I’m a little jealous! When my Ryan got his current job offer we had to move from Georgia to Boston, so I’m definitely envious that you’re still a drive away from your family! Congrats to your husband on the new job!

207. Whitney says

Wow how exciting! I live 20 mins outside of Charlotte! You will love love love it. Such a classy city! SouthPark mall is by far the best for shopping. Change is always a good thing! :)

208. Courtney says

Congratulations, that is so exciting! I live in Charlotte and LOVE it! I went to a Elevation Church for several years and just recently started going the Forest Hill. They are both wonderful churches and have great opportunities to get plugged in and meet people. Charlotte has a ton of fun out door things to do and great areas to run!

209. Adrianna says

just catching up on blogs…huge congrats to you guys!! I’m a longtime reader and just adore your style, info, attitude, etc. you guys deserve all the happiness!

210. sibyl says

Oh Julie, am so happy for you !!! I love the enthusiasm you manifest in each of your posts, but for this one I almost could feel your excitement when reading you. I wish you all the best in NC and sure you are going to love the 4 seasons, although I miss very much the warm FL winters.
    All the best, Sibyl in Switzerland

211. Mandy says

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Charlotte!!! It offers the very best of everything: outdoor activities, nightlife, family activities. Make sure to check out the US National White Water Center.

So funny I just saw this! My boyfriend and I have been contemplating places to move for over a year now and Charlotte is now our #1 contender! We haven’t even been there yet! So I’m looking forward to your posts to see how you like it! I can use all the research I can get!

How exciting! NC is near and dear to my heart. I lived in Winston Salem for a few years and I miss the state terribly. I’ve actually never been to Charlotte, but you have to make sure you visit Asheville and Raleigh at some point. Both very cute, very fun cities!

214. Steph says

Welcome to North Carolina!! I’ve lived in the state since I was five years old and love it here! Charlotte is hot in the Summer, but it’s a great city full of fun things to do. I’ve gotten to visit there many times and enjoy the shopping and music scene. I haven’t gotten to check out downtown Charlotte too much, but the night life seems really upbeat & lively. I hope your move goes well.

Hey there! That’s SO exciting that you’re moving to Charlotte! I moved here almost a year ago from Cleveland and absolutely LOVE it! Everything you’re looking forward to is absolutely true! If you want some tips on places to check out, cool fitness studios, etc, feel free to check out my blog! (http://for-the-love-of-life.com/) There’s also a Charlotte Blogging Community you should definitely check out once you’re settled in. Good luck on the move! :)

216. Dukebdc says

Congrats on the move! I grew up in Charlotte and thought it was a great place to live. I lived in south Charlotte, sort of near Southpark. It’s a gorgeous area with new development since I left. Not super walkable, so keep that in mind. Downtown has changed a LOT since I was there – so many cool places to live and go out now. You mentioned that Sadie had never seen snow? Don’t hold your breath on seeing much in Charlotte – it’s further north than Ocala but still very southern in terms of winter precipitation. A hint of the possibility of snow will shut everything down. :)

congrats to Ryan on the new job, and hope you loooove Charlotte! one of my close friends is from there and has only wonderful things to say about that city. best of luck on the move.

218. Amanda says

My favorite Yoga instructor Kathryn Budig lives in Charlotte. Track down one of her classes. Everything about her is amazing & inspirational. Enjoy!!!

219. Lindsay says

Hi Julie!

My husband and I (both in our mid-twenties) live in Charlotte, and love it! It’s a great place for young married couples and young families. There is always so much to do! We’re in the middle of trying to make some other couples friends, so we joined a church “newlyweds” Bible study and I’ve also joined some groups on Meetup.com (check it out!).

I just wanted to say Welcome! E-mail me if you need any Charlotte-related advice. :)

Lindsay

Congratulations!! This is amazing news! I just moved to Charlotte in September and I’ve loved getting to explore this great city even more. If you need any neighborhood or restaurant advice, feel free to email me. I’m happy to help you in any way I can! Hope to run into you during a workout class. You should definitely check out the Dowd YMCA. They have some of my favorite workout classes!

Kimberly

221. Peyton says

Hi Julie! My names Peyton and I’m 21 and have followed your blog for years I live in Winston-Salem which is 2 hours north of Charlotte and went to school in Asheville… I remember reading you loved the mountains here! I have a few recommendations… Amelie’s Bakery is absolutely fantastic and it’s in uptown. Also, Vida (a fresh mexican-type place) is great and Aria which is a bit more fancy is a tuscan style grill that is super delicious. I hope you all love it here! North Carolina has a lot to offer

222. Jenny says

I have been reading your blog for four years now, and i was so excited to see you are moving to my city! My husband and i moved to to Charlotte last summer, and we love it. Based on all of your interests, you will too- so much to do in the city and within just a few hours drive (Asheville, Raleigh, Wilmington)- You should have a meet up when you move so we can welcome you to the city!

223. Mandi C. says

Congratulations!!!! Sounds like such a fun new adventure! My husband and I just moved from NY to TX…and we are really happy! Wishing you all the best!

Great choice in a new city! My husband, dog and I just moved here last June. We currently live in the Lake Norman area and we love it! It is a great place to start a family and be active year round. There are so many things to do and we can bring our 6 month old everywhere! Feel free to email me if you want an recommendations.

225. Lindsey says

Hi Julie,

I’ve been following your blog since day 1… always been a big fan! My (brand new) husband and I have lived in Charlotte for about a year and a half. We just went through the home-buying process and now live north of Charlotte near the lake. We both work downtown, so we knew we needed something commuter-friendly. Feel free to e-mail me if you’d like any advice on where to live! We absolutely LOVE the area (ESPECIALLY north Charlotte.. Huntersville/Cornelius/etc), and it’s a great place to live for the fitness lovers like us. We are always driving over to the mountains. Random thought – if you like trail running, you need to check out the Whitewater Center. In the summer, they have River Jam on Thursday nights. It starts with organized 3 and 6 mile runs and then continues with live music, beer, and food. It’s always a good time. Welcome to the area! It’s our little Eutopia!

226. Laura says

Hey Julie!

That is such exciting news! I moved to Charlotte almost three years ago and I love it. I am actually in the process of buying a house here! If you have any questions about the area, things to do, walkable neighborhoods to live in (we absolutely love our neighborhood!), fitness classes, food and restaurants, etc. please feel free to email me, I am happy to help. Best of luck during your move!

Laura

227. Leslie says

Welcome to Charlotte! My husband, son and I have lived here for 4 years and love it. We live south of the city near the Harris YMCA, which has amazing classes by the way. You’ll love it here!

228. Kim says

YAY! Charlotte is wonderful :) I highly recommend getting annual passes to Carowinds, it’s an awesome amusement park & water park on the border of NC/SC, my family has been going there for 30 years and it’s super cheap compared to Orlando theme parks, with EPIC roller coasters and fun for all ages.

I swear, all the bloggers I read are moving to Charlotte! I’m so jealous since it’s my home town. I might be a little biased, but I LOVE Charlotte. It’s perfect. Uptown has a lot going on, especially in the summer (Symphony in the Park, Alive after 5) and it’s 2 hours away from the mountains of Asheville (what I affectionately call “AsheVegas”) and about 3 hours away from the beautiful beaches and history of South Carolina (Kiawah, Hilton Head,Charleston). There’s SO much to do – you’re going to become a Panthers fan, right?! 😉 Ping me if you need any advice on where to live in the area-my mom is really up on the real estate market!

230. Bre Hager says

I have been a fan of your blog for three years now and am ecstatic you guys are moving to Charlotte! I was born and raised in North Carolina and personally believe it is in fact the greatest state in the country. There are many great restaurants in Charlotte and neat places like the National White Water Center which is about fifteen minutes away. They have concerts there as well as fun activities such as trails, rafting (of course), and a zip line. But one of my favorite things about Charlotte is how active the city is! My favorite race of all time is downtown and in November, it’s the Thunder Road Half and Full, I highly recommend it! Best of luck on your move and welcome to our great state y’all!

231. Allison says

As most other people have said, you will LOVE the Queen City! My husband and I came to Charlotte for college here and won’t be leaving any time soon… It’s been our favorite place. I’ve been doing lots of the workouts you post and would love to know if you start teaching anywhere around town – it would be so fun to actually take a class by you.

All the best on the move and I look forward to hearing how you like it around here.

I was so excited when I read this! I could not be more than thrilled for you both, what an awesome adventure you’ll be partaking in. I wish you all the luck and can’t wait to read about all your Charlotte related posts:)

233. Christina says

I don’t know why I stopped getting your blog posts emailed to me for a while and just now started getting them again. So I missed seeing that you were moving until today. I live in Huntersville, near Lake Norman. I’m so excited that you are moving here. You’re going to love it! If I can give you any advice on what to do on the north side of town, just let me know. :-)

I moved to Charlotte a little over a year ago. Like you I’m in the fitness industry, blog, and moved because my husband took a new job (not that I minded)! I hope you love living here! Feel free to reach out if you need a fitness and dog loving friend.
    jane

235. Nelcy says

Hi, I am so happy I found this blog. My husband and I are moving to Charlotte at the end of June. I have been living in Miami, FL for 15 years, he is originally from Milwaukee, WI. We are moving just because LOL. He works from home so it doesn’t matter where we live as long as it is on the USA and we have internet. I wanted to talk to somebody that moved from Florida to NC so bad!!!! I am a little anxious and don;t know what to expect. We loooove the outdoors, and pretty much what you put on your loved lists of things in Charlotte. If you don.t mind please email me. We are trying to decide where to live. We will be there April 24 to May 1st to look for places to live. Thanks for the info. Hope to hear from you, and congratulations!!!