Throughout my workout this morning (BodyPump + 25 minutes on the elliptical), I was daydreaming about a creamy, cold smoothie for breakfast.
After leaving the gym and taking a quick shower, I headed downstairs to the kitchen to get crackin’. I opened the freezer and *gasp* no frozen bananas were to be found! 🙁
Instant sadness set in, but I was determined to get a little creative and still make a stellar smoothie.
I had a bunch of frozen strawberries on hand, and decided to use the berries as the smoothie’s base, rather than a banana like I typically would.
Into the blender went:
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 large scoop All the Whey chocolate protein powder
- ¾ c. almond milk
- ½ tbsp. cocoa powder
- 6 ice cubes
The result was a chocolate covered strawberry smoothie!
I figured the chocolate flavors in the protein and cocoa powders would overwhelm the strawberries, but the fruity flavor held its own.
It didn’t seem like my blender was all that full until I started blending and the smoothie seemed to grow.
I filled up a very large cup and had a couple of spoonfuls leftover in the blender, which I enjoyed with a spoon.
With or without bananas, smoothies are the jam.
Of Possible Interest
- Click here to check out a video Meghann posted of us going to get our massages last night!
More Fun Finds
- How Lauren Conrad, Fergie & Jessica Szohr get beach ready (FitSugar.com)
- Flat Belly Tricks (Health.com)
- Yummy Side Dishes for Memorial Day Weekend (CookingLight.com)
Questions of the Day
Do you typically use the same things in your smoothies? What are your smoothie must-haves?