Today’s lunch was oh-so-tasty thanks to leftover BBQ meatloaf!
Though I’ve already declared my love for these sandwich thins numerous times on the blog, allow me to sing their praises one more time: La, la, la! They are so doughy and delicious! La, la, la! 😀
For some extra color, I also enjoyed chopped red and orange peppers with grape tomatoes.
A cup of Mott’s Natural Applesauce also made an appearance.
I also ate leftover Brussels sprouts and onions from last night, but those eluded any photographs.
This lunch filled me right up!
Now on to some beauty talk…
Make Up vs. No Make Up
I have always envied girls who were good at doing make up.
Watching someone put on their makeup thoroughly amuses me. It’s almost like watching an artist paint a fresh canvas.
Unfortunately I am not good at make up. At all. Not even a little bit.
For one thing, eyeshadow makes me itchy.
I wish I had the ability to highlight my eyes with different color shadows or smudge some eyeliner to give myself the super-sexy smoky eye. Whenever I’ve tried to experiment with color on my eyelids (other than tans, taupes, beiges and golds), I end up looking like Mimi from Drew Carey.
I think that’s why my makeup routine is so simple and takes about five minutes.
Fortunately I am marrying a man who is not a fan of makeup. He says he cannot tell the difference between me with a full face of make up and me without any makeup. (The poor boy is clearly blind.) On the weekends I often go makeup free since Ryan has said he prefers me that way and it makes my life a little easier, too!
In talking with some of my girlfriends, it seems like a lot of guys like their girlfriends or wives fresh faced. It makes me think that women often put on makeup for other women.
And now, speaking of fresh faces…
Faces of Beauty
As if I wasn’t already a big enough fan of Heather of the wonderful blog Heather’s Dish (this girl has some seriously awesome photography skills), yesterday she made an announcement about a new website she’s launching called Faces of Beauty, which made me love her all the more.
Faces of Beauty is a site where Heather will post pictures of women (and men!) with no (or minimal) makeup to highlight the beauty within them.
In Heather’s words, “What I want to do is start a CELEBRATION of our natural beauty. What if we took things like wrinkles, smile lines, gray hair, blond eyelashes, crooked teeth, crooked noses, shorter necks, etc. and saw the beauty and the LIFE in them?”
Click here for more information about joining the movement for yourself.
Awesome, awesome idea, Heather! 😀
Of Possible Interest:
- How to Avoid Weekend Weight Gain (An article I wrote for FitandFabLiving.com)
- 10 Signs You’re a Running Fanatic (FitSugar.com)
- Weight Gain in Your 20s: Explained (Health.com)
- Healthy Twitter Chat: Tonight at 8 p.m. ET/ 7 p.m. CT join @ThermosBrand on Twitter to celebrate the launch of the company’s new series with a group of health and fitness experts: The Cold Matters Coaches, including Caitlin from the blog Healthy Tipping Point. Participate using the #ThermosCold hashtag on Twitter and you will automatically be entered to win some of the company’s newest insulated hydration products.
Question of the Afternoon
- Do you always wear make up, or are you a makeup minimalist?
- In your past or present relationships, have men preferred you with or without makeup?