In case you missed them, here are the other gift guides I’ve shared already this season:
As for today’s gift guide, my Gift Guide for Guys includes a roundup of gift ideas for the guys in our lives — husbands, boyfriends, brothers, dads, grandfathers, stepfathers, friends, uncles… you name it! As always, I try to provide gift ideas across a variety of price points and interests so hopefully something below will pop out at you. I also solicit advice from a bunch from the guys in my life for my annual gift guides so, rest assured, many of these ideas come from men themselves!
For easy and last-minute shopping this holiday season, you may also check out my Peanut Butter Fingers Amazon Shop which I’m keeping updated with gift ideas as well as my specific Gift Guide for Him page which includes a lot of the below gift ideas in one place.
PBF Gift Guide 2021: For Him
I always ask a handful of guys for ideas for my men’s gift guide every year and was surprised when this recommendation came my way from more than half of them! Apparently a smokeless fire pit is where it’s at this year and for good reason. They’re still wood burning fire pits so you get the whole cozy campfire vibe but they use some crazy-smart technology to increase airflow into the firepit to burn off the smoke before it leaves the pit. The best of both worlds!
This is one of my favorite gifts to give to guys because they’re always well-used and often something someone doesn’t think to buy for themselves. As an added bonus, there are tons of ways to customize popular games like corn hole, ring toss, ladder golf and bocce ball if you go through small shops on Etsy which is my preferred resource for these gifts.
I actually ordered this ring toss game for Ryan this year (he’s not allowed to read this gift guide and, unlike me, he can control his curiosity) and I love that it has a magnetic bottle catch at the bottom so it functions both as a game and a quirky bottle opener.
Move over grill masters, it’s the pizza master’s time to shine! This outdoor pizza oven is such a cool invention and makes it possible to have your own personal pizza oven at home. It’s a high-heat, gas-powered oven like they have at the best pizza restaurants and makes perfect pizzas in only 60 seconds! This less expensive version allows you to make pizzas on a gas range or outdoor gas camping stove.
Athleisure has come a long way for men and the days of oversized sloppy sweats are long gone. Once I bought Ryan his first pair of lululemon men’s joggers a few years ago, he has never looked back. The lululemon ABC joggers are the joggers he wears almost every single weekend during the fall and winter months when we’re out and about with the kids. We ended up getting the same joggers for my dad and brother-in-law for Christmas two years ago as well because they loved the look of Ryan’s joggers so much. They were instant fans and these joggers are a gift idea I’m confident recommending for men of all ages. (I’ve also heard fabulous things about vuori joggers and these Old Navy joggers will be under the tree for Ryan this year if you’re looking for joggers at a lower price point.) If you live in a warmer climate, Ryan and my brother-in-law also love these linerless shorts from lululemon.
In terms of sweatshirts and fleeces, Ryan loves BONOBOS. I also love incorporating the kids into some of these gifts because they have sweatshirts with tiny embroidered details on them that can reflects the kids’ interests (dinosaurs, butterflies, etc.) and make them great gifts from little ones to dad.
Massage guns are all over the place these days and for good reason. They’re incredible and both Ryan and I are addicted to ours! He actually got me one for Mother’s Day after I became obsessed with my parents’ massage gun during a past trip to Florida and I cannot tell you how wonderful it feels to use this on your upper and lower back, calves and glutes after a long day. There are a ton of massage guns out there at a variety of price points and thankfully they’re so popular that many of the decent ones have a ton of reviews posted by now. (Here’s a budget-friendly option with lots of positive reviews on Amazon.) We knew we’d use our massage gun regularly and wanted something that wouldn’t conk out after a few months so Ryan splurged for the HyperVolt and we could not be happier with that choice. The Theragun is another high-quality option many love.
This might seem like an odd gift for the middle of winter until you consider all of the holiday ice cream flavor possibilities! Imagine gingerbread ice cream, peppermint cookies ‘n’ cream ice cream, eggnog Biscoff cookie ice cream. Our Cuisinart ice cream maker is one of our most beloved mini kitchen appliances and one I was admittedly surprised to find us using year-round! Pair this one with an ice cream cookbook (The Perfect Scoop is one of our favs) and some quality ice cream toppings for a fun gift for the ice cream lover in your life!
Automatic Grill Cleaner + Grilling Gifts
Like a Roomba but for your grill, this handy automatic grill cleaner is a great gift for the grill masters out there who love grilling but hate the clean up.
More fun grilling-themed gifts include this sampler of various BBQ rubs from the southern United States, Grilling Planks Variety Pack, Bear Paws Meat Shredder Tool (great stocking stuffer!) and Grill Mats.
Unique + Useful Chargers
With so many unique charging devices out there, it’s not too hard to find one a guy in your life will use and love. For the guy on the go, Ryan and I both rave about this portable charger, as it has built-in cables to charge multiple devices and is nice and slim. Ryan also loves this simple charger for his Apple Watch. More charging options: Multiple device charging station (for everythinggg), A 10-foot tangle-free charging cable, fast-charge wood docking station (a classy approach to charging) and this July Luggage that has a charging station built right into it because the people who made this luggage are clearly geniuses.
Additional Gift Ideas
- Lightweight Camping Hammock (Ryan sets this up in our yard but also packs it to bring along on beach vacations, cabin trips, etc. The kids love it, too, so it’s a great gift for kids to give to dad.)
- Helinox Ultra Lightweight Collapsible Chair (I don’t know what it is about this chair but Ryan and my brother-in-law are obsessed. This is the newer high-back version.)
- Kiehl’s Ultimate Man Soap (An annual stocking stuffer for Ryan that he loves.)
- Slippers (Ryan and Ross love these TOMS slippers and I bought my dad these L.L. Bean moccasins to replace the ones he’s had for years for Christmas this year. Allbirds Wool Loungers also get great reviews!)
- The North Face Base Camp Duffel (The ultimate duffel bag available in a variety of sizes.)
- Custom Photo Socks (I got custom photo socks for in Ryan’s stocking last year featuring pics of the boys and Sadie and they cracked him up!)
- Digital Picture Frame (You share photos and videos from your phone or by email straight to this frame and they rotate for loved ones to enjoy. I especially love this ideas for grandparents!)
- Gardener’s Tool Seat (For the guy who loves to garden.)
- Osprey Poco Child Carrier Hiking Backpack (This is the updated version of the backpack we’ve used with the boys and Ryan loves it.)
- National Park Scratch Off Poster or 100 Bucket List Movies Scratch Off Poster (I gave the National Parks poster to Ryan a few years ago and he loved it.)
- BOMBAS Socks (All the guys in my family love these socks.)
- Vintage-Inspired Turntable (For the music lover.)
Shop the Post